True Passions

A/N: this is the "happy ending" of the story. I'll be uploading the alternate (and the original) ending soon.
p.s, this chapter is probably the cheesiest thing I've ever written

Dan arrived at work, greeting his boss in his office. He hated to leave Phil, but he tried to push him to the back of his mind. He needed to focus on his job - besides, it's always what he loved best.
"Jack has been skipping his shifts recently, I'm glad you can cover for him," his boss murmured, a fat cigar tucked in between his lips. Jack was another stripper who worked day-shifts, who Dan barely saw anyways.
Agreeing with his boss, he quickly left the room towards the costume closet. Whilst picking out a costume, he thought of what he'd like Phil to see him wear. His mind constantly seemed to drift off to the blue eyed boy.
He ended up going with a sort of police costume, with a hat and handcuffs and all. His shirt was half-way unbuttoned and tucked into his shorts, which barely covered his legs at all.

However, instead of feeling the rush of adrenaline as he began his first dance, it felt wrong. Dancing on his first client, a man probably in his mid-forties in a black suit, almost upset Dan. Not only did he feel like he was betraying Phil, he realized things he wouldn't have normally. Like, for instance, the gold band around the mans left ring finger. Was he married? Did he have a family? Those questions would remain unanswered, but it didn't ease the fact that it made Dan feel wrong, straddling the man seductively as he bit his lip.
Dan hated this, he felt gross, the older mans eyes scanning over him. He felt vulnerable in his costume, most of his skin showing. He didn't want a married man looking at him, and he definitely didn't want anyone but Phil sitting in that chair. He didn't want to do this anymore, he didn't want to seduce older men, he didn't want to watch what he ate simply for the satisfaction of costumers, he didn't want to be pulled away from his boyfriend to dance for other's personal pleasure.

As if coming to his rescue, the door flung open, light streaming in to the dimly lit room. Eyes adjusting, Dan could tell it was his date he had left behind. He got up from the man, backing away, and the man stood up as well, trying to conceal the obvious tent in his suit pants.
"Dan, I'm - Im so sorry," Phil started, realizing how immature he was being, barging in on the boys own job. "I just couldn't stand the thought of you, you know," Phil grabbed Dans sides gently. "I want you to myself. I don't know what we are, if we're dating or if I can even call you my boyfriend, but," Phil sighed, "I really want to be able to call you that."

Dan kissed Phil, long and passionate. Phil's hands rested on the nape of Dans back as Dans got tangled in the boys black fringe. Dan pulled away but Phil held him close as he answered, "I would really like that, too."

Loud footsteps were heard behind them as they turned around to meet Dans boss face-to-face. "Jacorey, what the fuck are you doing? Your costumer just walked out on you."
Dan hadn't even realized the man left, and fear now pierced his body. Was he getting fired? Did he really care if he did at this point? He had grown so attached to this job throughout the years. It had been all he cared about.

"Who's this? Is he a personal friend?" He pointed at Phil, sticking one of his fat fingers in his face.
"I'm his boyfriend, sir," Phil grabbed the mans finger and lowered it away from his face. "Not that it's any of your business."

Dans boss looked speechless, not knowing how to respond. He eventually moved his face a mere inch away from Dan before using a threatening voice, "if you keep this up, you're fired. Get this dick out of here."

    Dan backed away from his boss, who was now red in the face with anger. "Actually, I quit. So you won't need to worry about me or 'this dick,'" Dan gestured to Phil. He held his hand and led him out of the building,
    They stepped out into the fresh air, morning dew still hanging off of trees near by and the scent of wet pavement filled their lungs. They just stared at each other, brown on blue.
    Phil's mouth open, and hung in silence before starting. "Dan, you didn't have to -"
    "I know I didn't have to, Phil," Dan interrupted, trying to calm the boy. "I wanted to. This was all my decision."

    Phil didn't understand. He knew, even in the months of knowing him, that all Dan cared about was his job. Hell, he was infamous in the towns gay community. It seemed like everyone knew the name, Jade Jacorey. And alas, he took it all away.

    "Your job..." Phil trailed off. "What about Jade? And performing?"
    "I'll pursue something else," Dan simply stated, holding both of Phil's cold hands in his. "Something I love even more. I know there's something else out there for me."
    "How?" Phil asked, feeling as if he costed Dan his one passion.
    "I never thought I would love something more than my job," Dan explained. "Then I found you."

---

    Phil kissed Dan passionately, fingers tangled in the brunette locks. Dan was slightly pushed against the countertop, one hand holding his weight while the other rested on his husbands chest.

    "Gross," Winnie entered the kitchen, surprising the couple. "Can't you do that someplace, I don't know, private?"
    As soon as they heard their daughters voice, they separated, Dan going back to flipping pancakes. Phil glided over to Winnie, bending down to kiss the top of her brunette curls.
    "Just like your father," Phil cooed, referring to his daughters hair. Not only did her hair resemble that of Dans, but her bright blue eyes always shined like his own.

    Dan had no idea eight years ago he would get married to the love of his life, a love that literally walked in on him. He had no idea he would quit his job, the one thing he loved most. Little had he known quitting his job was the best thing he had ever done, because if he hadn't he wouldn't have discovered his true passion.
    To have a family.

A/N: wow!!! that was sappy! if you'd like a different ending, I'm going to upload my original idea for ending the story soon. Thanks for reading!!