Roommates

Dan woke up in panic. Clutching the sheets, he realized he was in someone else's house - someone else's bed - in his underwear. He frantically looked at the digital clock flickering on the bedside table. It was only six thirty, so maybe no one would be up and he could sneak out.
  He slowly peeled himself off the bed, wincing as the mattress creaked underneath him. He cracked the door open and slid out, triggering a flood of memories.
  Dan was at Phil's house. Did he sleep with him? Dan thought Phil loathed him, considering that awkward encounter at his flower shop. Dan quickly tiptoed to the living room, finding his jeans folded on the back of the couch. Quickly pulling them on, he scanned the room for his shoes.
  The room was bright and bouncing with color, just like Phil. The house was clean, and the morning sun shown brightly through the windows. It was beautiful here, it felt like a home.
  While sidetracked, Dan heard a creak from the next room. His breath hitched as he swung around, seeing the gorgeous figure appear from down the hall.
  It was Phil. He looked relaxed. He was in red plaid boxer shorts and a loose baby blue shirt. He had glasses on and his normal black fringe was pulled back into a messy quiff. He yawned and scratched his head.
"Dan? What are you doing awake?" Phil questioned casually.
"How do you know my name?" Dan practically jumped out of his skin. He never told customers his name.
"You told me last night," Phil started to approach Dan, but the younger boy backed away.
"What happened?"
"Last night?" Phil yawned once more. "I found you on 5th, you were drunk out of your mind. I didn't want you to get lost or hurt, so I brought you here."
Dan looked down, embarrassed for no reason. "Why were my pants off?"
Phil looked at Dan, puzzled, then remembered like a light bulb went off in his head. "Oh my God - no - we didn't sleep together, Dan. I should've clarified that - it's okay. When you got here you took your pants off, and I took you to sleep in my roommates room."
Dan sighed with relief, a weight lifted off his chest. Then he continued his way out the door without a goodbye.
Phil caught his wrist halfway out the door. "Where are you going?"
"I assume you don't want me to be here, Phil. I don't need your pity," Dan stared down Phil. "Sorry to bother you."
"You're not a bother, really," Phil started, but Dan wriggled free of his grasp, starting out of the building. Phil was left to think about the night before.
If only Phil hadn't been so rude to Dan that night in the flower shop.
  To make matters worse, Phil still had no idea where his roommate was. And his mind was still flooded with thoughts of Grace.
After eating a handful of dry cereal, Phil decided to call Pj. It took three tries before he picked up.
"Hello? What do you want, Phil?" His voice cracked through the speaker.
"I'm worried about you. You're always gone," Phil admitted, biting at one of his nails.
There was shuffling and murmurs, until Pj finally explained he met a great guy who works at Preston's.
"Are you guys... dating?" Phil's eyes widened. He was happy for his best friend, of course, but it wasn't like him to fall in love with a man of that... profession.
"Phil, no," Pj sighed. "We're just sleeping together. And I think he's... beautiful. He's a great guy, Phil." More talking could be heard behind Pj. "His flat mate just got here, actually, so I'll probably be home in a bit."
Before Phil could answer, the phone beeped and Pj was gone. He went to Graces contact, finger hovered over the call button.
He couldn't bring himself to do it, instead he stayed put. If Grace was rude enough to ditch their big date without notice, then the least she could do is call herself.

Dan got back home covered in dried tears. He wasn't sobbing, no, just silent tears escaped his eyes in the back of his taxi. He didn't understand why, he felt as though he left a part of him behind in that colorful flat. Like he was missing a piece of himself.
As he stumbled into his living room, he was unexpectedly met with two men. One being Chris, the other he'd never seen before. He stood tall, taller than himself probably. He had a mop of curly brown fringe and emerald green eyes. They both stared back at him.
"Dan?" Chris finally spoke, "are you okay?"
Dan wiped his cheeks quickly with the back of his hand, and waving the other one off. "Yeah, no, I'm fine." He flashed convincing smile as Chris gave a pitiful look.
"Who's this?" Dan gestures towards the tall man.
Chris's eyes lit up as if he was going to say something before the man interrupted, sticking out his extended hand. "I'm Pj, nice to meet you."
Dan took his hand and shook it, responding with "I'm Dan," at an almost inaudible volume.
"I was just leaving actually, I've got to get home to my own flat mate," Pj explained, giving a crooked smile. Pj seemed very warm-hearted, very charming, too. He gave Chris a peck on the cheek before letting himself out.
Before Dan could even react, Chris was practically jumping off the walls. "Did you see that? Dan! He kissed me!" He squealed, grinning ear to ear as he danced around the room.
Dan laughed at his friend, trying to forget the morning before. "He kissed you on the cheek," Dan reminded, "you're acting like a little girl."
Chris stopped dancing and held Dan by the shoulders. "Dan, he is so perfect. He draws all these doodles in this book, and drinks black tea, and he tells all these amazing stories, and..."
Dan laughed as Chris went on and on about this amazing Pj boy. "Where did you meet?" Dan interrupted him, praying he wouldn't answer...
"Preston's."
Oh, bother.
"Chris, that's like, illegal," Dan rolled his eyes.
Chris shook his shoulders lightly. "It's illegal for you, not for me. At work is the only time I meet single gay guys!
"Anyways, Danny boy, I got some news for you," Chris was hysterical, cupping Dans cheeks in his hands. "We're going on our first date tonight. Just so happens that he's got a totally hot roommate of his own, so we thought, double date!"
Dan's first reaction was no. Absolutely not.
Why not though? Typically, this would be right up his alley. Quick double date, let him fuck you, and never see him again. Any cute single boys that weren't his customers he was a fan of.
His mind drifted to Phil Lester. How could he even focus on another boy with him on his mind? His piercing blue eyes were engraved on the back of his eyelids, it seemed.
"That sounds great," Dan answered finally. This was perfect. A chance to clear his mind of that blue eyed beast.

"A double date?" Phil stepped back from his flat mate. "I thought you said you weren't dating."
"First date! Just casual, movie and sushi," Pj's eyes were huge, Phil could tell how excited he was. Pj did insist the boy was totally cute, and this would be the perfect thing to take his mind of Grace, or even better, Dan.
"Alright," he agreed hesitantly. He hadn't ever been on a public date with a boy before. He decided it wouldn't turn into anything. They'd just talk, enjoy each other's company, maybe a quick kiss on the cheek at the end of the night if it goes well, and it would be done. Simple as that.