Sushi and Horror Films

It was only an hour until Dan and Chris were to meet their dates at the sushi restaurant. Chris was ecstatic and couldn't wipe the grin off his face, while Dan was a nervous wreck. He looked in the mirror for the tenth time. He dressed up in a black t-shirt, black jeans, and black Yeezys. His hair was straightened into a fringe, and face was clear of makeup.
Normally Dan would dress up more. He would wear makeup and maybe even paint his nails. He wouldn't be nervous, he would be confident in seducing a man he's never met before. He would be confident with his charisma, his looks, his own job.
But he wasn't. Phil changed him. He hadn't realized it until now, he changed the way he thought about things. He was so young and gorgeous, he intimidated him and made his job, the job that Dan loved so dearly, seem silly. Dan was so used to being wanted, being adored, that when Phil rejected him not once but multiple times, his ego shattered. His confidence broke down. All because of this stupid, gorgeous boy he just kept running into.
This had to change. Dan loved his job and loved his men. Nothing else mattered, especially this stranger. All he was to Dan was a stranger.
"Dan?!" Chris interrupted his thoughts. "Ready to go?"

Phil was all dressed up in black jeans and his favorite shirt, a baby blue, collared button-up. He was leaned back in his chair in the dimly lit restaurant, tapping his fingers anxiously against the table.
"Hey," Pj put his hand over Phil's, recognizing his friends nervous habits. "It'll be alright, this is going to be fun."
Phil smiled, taking comfort in Pj's voice. He was right. This was going to be fun.
Phil's hope shattered just as it rose when a young man walked in, followed by no other than Jade Jacorey himself.

Dan caught Phil's eye a split second after he walked in. He's knees grew weak and mind went blank just before massive panic. He grabbed Chris's sleeve, yanked him over and whispered into his ear harshly, "we can't be here."
Chris pat Dan on the back, not realizing the situation. "Don't be nervous, Dan. You'll be fine."
Before Dan could respond, Chris walked straight to the table Pj and Phil were seated at. Dan quickly followed his friend with instant regret.
As Chris shook hands with Phil, he gestured towards Dan. "This is my flat mate."
Dan wanted to cry. No matter how hard he tried, it seemed, he could never escape from Phil. They just couldn't get away from each other.
"I'm Phil," Phil took Dans hand by surprise. It was big and warm, almost comforting to Dan. "It's a pleasure to meet you."
Damn it, Phil looked so good. He was so charming, too. Dan wished this is the way they first met, not Phil drunk, walking in on Dan giving an old man a lap dance. This seemed like a nicer beginning.
Dan pulled his hand away and tried to play along. "I'm Dan," he muttered, taking a seat across from Phil and next to Chris.
Small talk went around the table. Chris asked how one of Pj's animation projects was going, and it seemed as though everyone was intrigued by Pj's rambling except Dan. He couldn't stop thinking about this... coincidence.
A lady came and poured green tea into four small cups. Phil ordered two Asahi beer's, one for Dan and one for himself.
What was he doing? Ordering Dan a beer, shaking his hand, giving small talk like they've never met. Like normal, friendly people.

  When Dan left for the bathroom, Phil knew this was the perfect time to get him alone. He needed to say something. He didn't know what yet, before he could think he already excused himself to "see what other drinks they had at the bar."
  He walked in on Dan bent over the sink. He looked up, eyes watery. "What do you want, Phil? Did you know? Are you doing this on purpose? This can't be a coincidence."
  Phil stepped closer but kept distance. "Dan, I don't know why this is happening either. I'm sorry. But right now, I think it's best if we do everything we can to make our friends happy.
  "I don't know how close you are to Chris, but Pj is like a brother to me. I haven't seen him this excited about a boy in a really long time. He doesn't get out much. I want this to be good for him."
  Dan nodded, head still down. He couldn't look at those eyes.
  "Just, please," Phil pleaded. "Work with me on this. I swear, after this night, I will do everything in my power to leave you alone."
  Dan didn't want Phil to leave him alone. He wanted him to do the opposite. He wanted Phil to be crazy about him, think about him all the time. He wanted Phil to feel the same way Dan felt about Phil.
  "Okay," Dan agreed. "I'll go back to the table. Wait a couple minutes before you come back."

  After ordering way too much sushi and paying way too much money, they all left to go to the movies down the street. Dan and Phil trailed behind Chris and Pj in the cool night air. They couldn't stop talking to each other, Chris and Pj. Both Dan and Phil were immensely happy for their flat mates, seeing them laughing, having a great time with each other.
  They decided on a horror film Dan hadn't heard of before. Dan, having not a lot of experience with horror, was being brave as he walked into the dark theater. They all sat near the front, Dan on the end next to Phil.
  Dan was actually fixed on the movie. It wasn't too terrifying, until a certain pop-up that made him jump in his seat.
  It wasn't until moments after the fact that Dan realized he was gripping onto Phil's arm, laid across the arm rest. He loosened his grip, meaning to let go, but he couldn't do it. Phil's skin was soft and warm and comforting.
  Phil must have noticed the way Dan had stared at their contact, as he smoothly moved his arm back and slipped his hand into Dans, fingers intertwining. Dan could hear his heartbeat in his chest and tried to swallow the lump forming in his throat. This couldn't be happening.
  Phil gave Dan a light squeeze, and Dan felt safe throughout the rest of the film.

A/N: you guys are so awesome, thanks for reading and commenting I love reading your comments (:
sooooo there might be some smut next chapter? maybe a lot of smut? maybe not at all? idk I haven't written it yet. stay tuned!!