Unexpected Meeting

After Dan left his house, Phil didn't see him for weeks. It felt good to have a fresh start, but he still felt guilt in the back of his head. Dan had asked him why he was repulsed by him. Did he actually mean that? Repulsive is the last thing Phil would use to describe Dan.
He constantly heard from Pj about how great him and Chris were doing. It seemed they did everything together. Pj was taking Chris up to Brighton this weekend to meet his parents, even. Phil was happy for his friend, he truly was. But he couldn't help feeling a bit jealous.
  Not only because of his overwhelming, complicated crush on stripper Jade Jacorey, but simply because Phil and Pj have always been together. Thick as thieves, partners in crime. In all reality, all they did was watch anime and play video games in their flat together, but it was the closet relationship Phil had. Now he hardly sees Pj, let alone anyone else.

  Phil decided he'd go to Preston's. He knew Chris took the night off to have a date with Pj, so he could get Dan alone. This was his chance to show Dan how much he cared for him. Besides, he missed him.
  On arrival, he was immediately immersed with the hot, sticky air and loud techno music. He hated it, but it all seemed bittersweet because of Dan.
  He made his way to the bar, ordering two shots of tequila. He thought he'd loosen up a bit before seeing Dan, not too much of course. He wouldn't want to make that mistake again.

  "Phil?" He faintly heard behind him, almost drowned out my the constant chatter and music. This wasn't the voice he wanted to hear however.
  It was Grace. Her hair was in ringlets like the first time they met. Her makeup was heavy and she wore a black, modest dress.
  "Grace, what are you doing here?" Phil had so many questions. He was too excited by the thought of seeing Dan to be mad right now, however he did want answers.
  That's when Phil looked down. He noticed the bump under Grace's dress. And it wasn't that she had put on weight.
  "Phil, do you want to step outside for a moment?"

  Phil's cheeks were burning under the cool night air. Him and Grace had only had sex twice over the time they were dating, and Phil had worn a condom each time. There was no possible way he had gotten Grace pregnant, was there?
  They stood outside the back exit of Preston's. Their faces were barely lit up by the bright red 'exit' sign above the door. Grace began to cry, tears staining her cheeks.
  "I'm pregnant," she croaked, holding her stomach. She wasn't big, no, but it was noticeable. Phil couldn't tell how far along she was.
  "It's not yours," she finally said. Phil exhaled, not realizing he was holding his breath. A wave of relief washed over him. She continued to cry, and Phil took her hands into his, trying to comfort her. Her dainty fingers had red polish, they were freezing in his warm palms.
  "The whole time we were dating, Phil, I," she hiccuped, dark makeup started to smudge over her eyes. "I was with another man."
  Phil wanted to be mad, but he wasn't. He didn't have any feelings left for Grace, it didn't faze him, and he thought he knew exactly why.
  He took her into his arms. She shook with cold and she cried hard into Phil's shoulder. Phil ran his fingers though her curls. "It's okay Grace, it's okay," he hummed against her ear. "I have a confession, too," Phil swallowed hard as he felt Grace quiet down. "I'm gay."
  Phil was honestly scared. As the words left his lips, his head felt like it was spinning. He'd never said that to anyone before, he hadn't even realized that himself until now. He thought woman were beautiful, but never once had he pictured staying with one, loving one, sharing genuine feelings of passion for one another. He had a different person in mind, and he wasn't a woman.
  Grace held him tighter after he confessed. Phil felt tears drop from his eyes, they were tears of happiness.

   Grace started to say something as she was interrupted by the sound of the door opening. Phil and Grace let go of each other, eyes squinting past the red light to see who was there.
   Dan Howell stood there, in the dark. As he saw Phil, his eyes immediately lit up, but quickly darkened as he saw the woman next to him. She saw her perfect hair, makeup streaming down her face, the bump under her dress.
   He looked back at Phil, shocked and confused. Why was he here with a pregnant woman? Was she a prostitute? No, she was far too classy. Why was he here with her? Why wouldn't he stop to see him? Phil knew very well Dan worked here, did he avoid him? Was that Phil's baby?
   Jealous, unwanted thoughts littered Dans brain as he brushed pass the couple. He was practically running down the alley, making his way to the back road to get a cab. He could feel Phil chasing after him.

   "Dan! Please wait, I can explain!" Phil called as Dan dashed away from him into the darkness of the night. It all happened in slow motion. Phil looked back at Grace, he could tell she knew. She smiled knowingly, squeezing Phil's hand before letting him go.
   That's when Phil ran for it. He practically sprint down the alley way after Dan. He could hear his footsteps echoing in front of him, barely making out a silhouette.
  Phil heard a loud cry, seeing the silhouette fumble over to the pavement. Phil caught up to the boy, who was on the ground, tripped into a puddle. His head was down, a streetlight shown lightly over him. His hand had a gash from the fall.
  Phil kneeled down, taking Dan into his arms. Dan was crying hard, harder than Grace was. It was a concoction of both Dans jealously, the fall he had just taken, and the drinks he had earlier that night.

   Phil hushed Dan, sobbing loudly into his sweater. He pushed back his dark fringe, revealing his dark brown eyes and flushed face. Phil couldn't stand it, that face.
   "Who was she?" Dan cried, throwing himself against Phil. Phil held him tightly against his chest, fingers in his hair. "Why didn't you come to see me?"
   "I did come to see you," Phil said softly, calm and collected. He wasn't confused anymore. He knew exactly what he wanted. "I came to see you, baby, I just had to check up with an old friend."
   "Who was she?" Dan didn't stop crying, he burrowed himself into the crook of Phil's neck. He was still wet from the puddle, he was cold as well and his hand was gushing blood. "Who was she?" He repeated.
   "It was Grace, baby," Phil rubbed Dans back before pulling him away. It was hard to look at Dan like this, but he was so beautiful nonetheless. "We just had a talk, nothing more. We haven't been seeing each other, that wasn't my baby. We both had something we needed to get off our chests."
  "What? That you've been hanging out with a stripper on the side?" Dans eyes were red and so were his cheeks. He was obviously a bit drunk, Phil could tell by now. He helped him off the ground, pulling himself and the younger boy up.
   Phil took off his jacket and wrapped it around Dan. He put his hands on Dans arms and rubbed up and down, trying to warm him up. "I had to tell her I was gay," Phil choked, looking down. Dan stopped crying, trying to hold eye contact with Phil.
   Dan knew Phil was supposedly bisexual. Phil had just come out to him, just because Dan was interrogating him with his drunk, jealous words. Phil just realized who he was. Phil realized he was all Dan's.
   Dan stood slightly on his tippy-toes to meet Phil's lips. They were warm and soft. The kiss was light, but long, and Dans hands wrapped around the nape of Phil's neck as Phil's hands held Dans waist close to his own.
   Dan knew he was drunk, cold, and hurt. But most importantly he knew he was safe with Phil in this dark alley way between a gay strip club and a pizza place. And he knew he had never felt this strong of a feeling before. He didn't know what to call the feeling, but he never wanted it to go away.