Pancake Date

*warning: very brief mention of starvation and poor body image*

Dan woke up in Phil's arms, brown eyes squinting from the sunlight peeking through the blinds. His head was held close to Phil's neck, the air smelt sweet and fresh around him. The pale boy was still asleep, small breaths escaped his mouth as he dozed. Christ, he even looked handsome while sleeping.
Dan waited for what seemed like hours until Phil's eyes fluttered open, blue orbs shining from the natural lighting. He immediately shut them again, groaning at the sun and squeezing Dan tighter towards him.

"Good morning," Dan croaked, morning voice and all. He gave Phil a peck on his neck as he adjusted to the light.
Phil sat up, taking in his surroundings. He was in his bedroom, yes, in his own bed. A beautiful boy was laid next to him, the one he grew to love so dearly. Memories from the night before came flooding into Phil's head. Last night seemed too good to be true.
"Phil?" Dan asked, frowning up at the older boy. Insecurities immediately cluttered his thoughts. Was he drunk last night? Did he remember what happened? Was it just like all the times before, Dan thinking they had something and Phil leaving him?
It was incredible to Dan how one moment a person could make you feel so confident about yourself, and the next moment take all the confidence away, leaving you with nothing.

Luckily, Phil wasn't drunk, he did remember what happened, and he wasn't about to screw it up again. Phil laid back down besides the younger boy, smiling into wet kisses. Over and over again, Phil kissed Dan, Dan now covered in a red blush.
"I'm so glad you're here with me," Phil said in between kisses, before pulling away. He pet the blushing boys hair, pushing his fringe back to show his face.

Dan was glad too, he didn't know what to say. He had waited so long for this, and he hadn't even realized it. He wanted more than just sex, hell, he didn't care about sex much at all. He wanted Phil. Him, as a person, with his personality and his thoughts and interests. The way his voice sounded and his hair fell. He wanted that, and he had never felt that way until now.
"Ive never done that before," Dan smiled, dimples shown in his smooth skin. "I've never been touched like that by a person who cares about me. A person I care about. It feels different."
"Good different?" Phil gave a crooked grin, half of his face covered by the pillow.
"Good different," Dan answered, laughing before kissing Phil once more.

   They just laid there, cuddling, for what felt for so long. It was silent except for the faint breaths that escaped each boys mouth. It felt like bliss, to both of them.
   "Are you hungry?" Phil finally asked, sitting up a bit. "I could make some breakfast."
   "We could go out," Dan offered, secretly longing to go on a first date with Phil.
   "Okay," Phil accepted, "But I pick where."

   After getting ready together and stalling to kiss and embrace each other, they finally left the flat. They caught a taxi to go downtown, cuddling all the way there. Dan felt so sappy, considering he never felt this way about anyone before. It was usually just feelings of lust, but this was something more. He felt attached to Phil, not wanting to break contact from him for a mere second. He loved the way the pale boy's skin felt against his own.

Phil ended up taking Dan to a pancake house across the street from a park. He had planned to eat, then take a walk around the parks lake. He wanted everything to be perfect, he was tired of hurting Dan, even if it was unintentional.

They both ordered small stacks. Phil drowned his in maple syrup as Dan just spread butter over his, watching Phil in amusement.
"What?" Phil asked, mouth full of pancake when he noticed Dan laughing across the table.
"How can you do that?" Dan laughed, skin around his eyes wrinkled from smiling.
Phil swallowed, smiling along with Dan. "What, make my pancake taste good? Put some syrup on yours!"
Phil grabbed the syrup dispenser and reached over to put some on the boys pancakes before he pushed it away. "I can't!" He laughed. "I can't just eat that crap, I have a figure to maintain."
Phil laughed at this, sticking his tongue out. "I like your figure just fine, Daniel. You have nothing to worry about."

Dan stopped laughing and looked down. He did appreciate Phil's compliment, he was flattered, really. That was all that mattered to him, that Phil liked him the way he was.
But his boss wouldn't. He had to watch what he ate for his job, so he could maintain the "twink" appeal towards his customers. He didn't have to starve himself, no, it was nothing like that. He just kept off of sugars and only ate reasonable amounts of servings each meal.

Phil quickly realized what Dan had meant, remembering he had a job that had everything to do with his figure. For some reason, Phil forgot this beautiful boy was a stripper quite often. It's hard to think that a boy like Phil would be with a stripper, no judgement on his behalf.
God, a couple of months ago Phil wouldn't even think about being with a stripper. When he thought of stripper, he thought of parties, loud music, STD's, and obnoxious stuck-ups. Anything but Dan. Dan could get rowdy, yes, but he was gentle, shy, sweet and modest. He had a whole other side of him away from work Phil would have never known not getting to know him.
Phil had thought down on Dan before they had even met. It was a mixture of judgement on Phil's behalf considering Dan was a stripper, as well as thinking Dan was younger than he was and being in denial of his sexuality. Nonetheless, Phil had stereotyped Dan because of his job choice, and he had never been more wrong in his entire life.

Bringing him back from his thoughts, Dan touched Phil's hand lightly across the table. "My boss doesn't like me eating certain things," he explained.
Phil nodded. He understood, however, he didn't think it was necessary. "Just know that what you eat and what size you are doesn't define your beauty," Phil said quietly, repeating lines that his mum had said to him when he was young.
    Dan already knew this, but he took comfort in the fact that it was coming from Phil. He had struggled with body image awhile back, when he first got his job. If only Phil had been there for him then.

    After breakfast, Dan and Phil took a walk around the lake just like Phil had planned. He wanted to learn more about Dan, it seemed as if there was an infinity amount of Dan Phil had yet to uncover. Dan knew Chris since junior high, and Chris had helped him hook up with boys, a wingman of sorts. He always wanted a dog, but his mother was allergic so they could never get one. He was surprisingly extremely good at math, as Phil was completely oblivious to simple algebra. Dan was in college to be a lawyer before he realized he was meant to be on stage. Everything Dan told Phil made Phil love him even more. Every word that came out of Dans mouth, Phil craved the next.

    "When did you realize you wanted to be a performer?" Phil asked, before being cut off. Dan had stopped in his tracks, looking down at his phone. "Is everything okay?" Phil asked.
    "Yeah," Dan assured, putting his phone in his pocket. "I loved this, Phil, so much, but my boss wants me at work."
    Phil was confused. It was eleven in the morning, what kind of pervert needs a lap dance this early? Oh, and the thought of Dan giving an older man a lap dance. He didn't like it, he wanted Dan to be all his. "Isn't it a little early?"
    "Yes, usually I work nights," Dan said as he walked out towards the road, Phil following close behind. He whistled for a taxi, one pulling over on the side of the road. "I'm sorry, Phil, I'll call you after I'm done."

    A quick kiss on the lips and Dan was gone, leaving Phil alone at the park. He couldn't help to feel jealous. Jealous of the men who sit in the chair, his boyfriend dancing, inches away from contact.
    Was Dan his boyfriend? He couldn't be sure. But, if anything was for sure, it was that Phil didn't particularly like Dan's job. He wanted Dan, and Dan all to himself.