Last Names

Dan hadn't seen or heard from Phil since the night they kissed, almost two weeks ago now. Dan wanted to text him, but that would be so unprofessional and dumb. The stripper texting the costumer first? No. Dan would find him.

  Phil was fidgeting with his tie, looking at himself in the mirror. Him and Grace had been casually seeing each other. Phil took her for ice cream and the park, they went to see the new Star Wars film, they went to Graces house to play video games. This was their first official date. It was at a fancy restaurant in town, and Phil was extremely nervous.

  "Chris, you gotta help me," Dan begged his roommate. Chris was a wiz with computers, or so Dan thought. Dan never spent time on a screen, except when he watched Game of Thrones. "The boys name is Phil. Philip. Please try to find him."
  "Dan, chill," Chris said, staring intently at the laptop screen. "Okay, there's 112 people currently in London named Philip. Are you sure you don't know his last name?"

  Phil stepped out of his room to greet Pj.
  "You look amazing!" Pj complimented.
   "Thanks, mate," Phil fidgeted with his fingers. "I'm a bit nervous."
   "Don't be nervous, this is perfect. You should pick up some flowers for her," Pj suggested.
   "Good idea, Peej! Thanks!" Phil grabbed his keys from the countertop and headed outside.

  Dan looked at his contact. Phil's. He had saved it as "Phil." Only Phil.
  "Did you see if his number was linked to any social media? Facebook, maybe?" Chris asked Dan, trying to help his flat mate find this boy.
  "You're a genius!" Dan exclaimed, frantically opening the Facebook app on his phone. He went under "find friends" and then "contacts."
  Scrolling, scrolling, scrolling. 
  Phil Lester.
  Dan clicked on the name.
  Sure enough, the icon displayed Phils beautiful blue eyes and crooked smile. Jet black fringe was swiped across his forehead.
  "Phil Lester! Philip Lester!" Dan grabbed Chris's wrist.
  "Alright! Alright," Chris typed quickly on his keyboard. "There's only one Philip Lester in London. Perfect."
  "One of a kind," Dan muttered.
  Chris googled "Philip Lester London" and the first thing that popped up was a picture of a flower shop called "Lace."
  "Huh, that's a weird name," Chris said.
  "Shut up," Dan said, scrolling a bit down. "There's the address! This is where he works!" Dan jumped up and put on his coat and hat. He grabbed his keys.
  "Are you actually going now?" Chris looked at Dan in disbelief.
  "Bye!"

  Phil decided he would head to his flower shop, Lace, and just pick out the flowers himself for free. He drove down the block and parked on the curb. He noticed a figure with a long black coat looking through the window of his shop.
  He got out of his car. "Hello?"
  Dan immediately regretted coming here. What the fuck was he doing. He turned slowly and smiled at Phil, giving a wave.
  Phil looked at the boy. It was Jade! The stripper from weeks ago. He was wearing all black and a brown hat with ear flaps. His nose and cheeks were pink as if he was freezing.
  "What are you doing here?" Phil asked. He noticed the poor boy shaking. "Oh, God, come inside." Phil fumbled with his keys before opening the door, warm air flooding out of the shop.
  Phil stared at Dan, still waiting for an answer. Honestly, Phil never wanted to see Dan again.
  "You never texted me," Dan blurted out and immediately felt even more regret. What was he doing?
  Phil was almost as speechless as Dan. "I-I couldn't remember anything. And I don't want to. Whatever happened, it doesn't mean anything. You're a stripper right? Why am I different from any other costumer?" Phil was confused and for some reason his heart felt heavy, like a weight.
  "I, Phil, we kissed. You kissed me. No ones kissed me like that in so long..." Dans words became inaudible. He looked at the ground.
  "I was drunk out of my mind, Jade!" Phil yelled. "I have a fucking girlfriend!"
  Dan felt foolish. He felt tears welling up in his eyes. Dan never cried. Especially not over a boy. A stranger. "Sorry, I'm just a fool. I'm sorry," Dan sighed softly, full of emotion. Phil could hear that Dan was crying through his voice.
  Phil wanted to hug him. So bad. Phil wanted to hug him and kiss his forehead. Comfort him. He didn't know why.
  "Did you want flowers?" Phil blatantly asked.
  Dan looked up at Phil, huge brown eyes leaking fat tears. "No," he answered.
  "Then I think you should go," Phil looked away. He couldn't look at Dan. Not like that.
  Phil heard footsteps walk away from him, and felt the cold air as the door swung open and Dan left the shop.
  Phil started crying. Softly, but surely he felt tears stream down his cheeks. Just a few, before he wiped his eyes and picked out a large bouquet of roses for Grace.

  Dan was bawling. Crying so hard. His tears stung his cheeks because of the cold air. He felt disgusting. What was wrong with him? Phil was just so mesmerizing. He only saw what he wanted to. He wanted Phils kiss to mean something.
  This started out so simple, Dan only wanted to fuck. Why was he taking this so hard?
  Millions of questions flooded Dans mind as he drove home. He stayed in his parked car outside his flat for hours. He didn't want Chris to see him like this.

  Phil desperately tried to forget about Jade. He was just a dumb stripper. He focused on Grace while driving, excited to give her the flowers and just to see her. Phil bet she looked amazing, all dressed up. Her hair would be curled, just like when they first met.
  Phil got to the restaurant 5 minutes before they said they would meet, at 6 o'clock. He went up to claim his reservations and a waiter led him to his table. He played Crossy Road on his phone, waiting for Grace to show up.
  10 minutes.
  He checked Instagram and Snapchat, watching Pj's and Louise's story updates.
  3 more minutes.
  He fidgeted with his watch, and ripped little pieces off of his napkin.
  5 more minutes.
  He checked Facebook.
  Do you know Daniel Howell?
  Who?
  2 more minutes.
  "Excuse me, sir?" A waitress with pulled back blonde hair tapped on Phil's shoulder. "Are you alone? Ready to order?" She had big brown eyes. Kind of like Jades.
  Stop, Phil, no.
  "My date is coming," Phil answered. His heart beated loudly, he could feel it in his ears.
  Phil checked his watch for the fifth time. 6:20. He texted Grace.
  Hey, no rush but, where are you? (:
  5 minutes.
  No answer.
  Phil thought about Jade. Phil thought about how heart broken he looked when he left the shop. When Phil told him he had a girlfriend. When Phil told him that anything that happened that drunken night in December meant nothing.
  Phil sat there. Thinking about everything. Trying to remember the kiss. He had kissed Jade.
  30 minutes.
  "Sir, we have a reservation for this table in 10 minutes, I'm sorry but you'll have to be leaving soon," the same waitress came by, quietly reminding Phil how much time has passed.
  Phil got up slowly and left the building. He was upset, but no tears left his eyes. He was detached from the situation. He wasn't even thinking about how much money this cost him, or how Grace bailed on him. He was just thinking of Jade.