Chapter 28

::Cassidy's POV::

I popped two aspirins before gulping down the mini bottle of water. My head was pounding and I couldn't sleep last night from all of Chassidy's crying. She's been crying every night since Chresanto left, so I have to stay up and calm her until she falls asleep.

I sighed and took a deep breath. I missed him but I couldn't deal with infidelity. I just don't want to see his face.

I got myself together, then picked up Chassidy and put her into her car seat. I then grabbed my briefcase, keys, and the car seat and headed outside to my car.

The first thing I noticed when I stepped outside was Chresanto's car.

He walked up to me. Here we go.

"So you changed the locks?" He asked with his arms folded.

I sighed. "Yepp," I said and opened my car door. I started to secure the carseat and made sure I avoided eye contact with Chres.

"Can I see her?" He asked as I shut the door.

I opened my door. "I'm actually in a hurr--

"Please," he pleaded.

I turned around and shut the drivers seat door. I leaned up against the car and folded my arms.

"What do you want Chresanto?" I asked with an attitude. "Because you know what I want? Hmm? For you to leave."

"Why?"

"Because you were having a freaking affair with your assistant!" I yelled.

"She's not my assistant anymore and I wasn't having an affair with her! I told you that already," I could tell he was getting irritated by the tone in his voice.

"Oh really? Because you and her taking a shower together while you're MARRIED sounds like an affair to me. What do you call it?" I asked getting smart with him.

"God! How many times do I have to tell you?! NOTHING HAPPENED. I started to take a shower like you told me too. In the middle of my shower, I felt two hands wrap around me. I thought it was you because I told her to leave earlier, That was until I heard her voice. That's when I told her to get out and that's when you walked in," he explained.

I smacked my teeth. "So you just expect me to believe she got in the shower with you out of NOWHERE? Something had to have led up to this," I said.

He stayed quiet.

"That's exactly what I thought," I said and got into my car.

I started the engine, and before long, I was on my way to the daycare center.

::Chresanto's POV::

GOD! She was so difficult!! I kicked the side of the house in frustration as she pulled off. Why couldn't she ever believe anything I said? She ALWAYS thinks I'm lying, when really, I'm telling the truth.

I fired Madison. So she should be out of the picture now. Yeah I know I should've fired her way before now, I guess I just liked the extra attention. Plus, she did help out a lot while Cass was in her coma. But I didn't do anything with her.

I ran my fingers through my hair. I had to find some way to make all of this right, I just didn't know how.

Maybe I just need to give her some time..

::Cassidy's POV::

I was leaving work and it was around 6:30. Today wouldn't have been a bad day if Chresanto wouldn't have popped up this morning while I was leaving home. UGH! He just drives me crazy sometimes.

I was on my way to the nursery to pick up my baby boo Chassidy. Whenever I'm feeling down, her cute giggles remind me that I have to be strong for her. I have to be a role model for her and that's what I intend on doing.

Finally, after being stuck in rush hour traffic, I reached the day care center.

I walked in and spoke to the lady at the front desk.

"Hey Sarah," I said and smiled.

"Hey Ms. August," she said and smiled.

Hearing that last name made me want to go crazy, but I kept it in.

"How was Chassidy today?" I asked.

"Oh she was... Feisty as usual," she said and we both laughed.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"Uhmm.." She looked confused. "She's gone. Madison came and picked her up around 2pm today," Sarah told me.

My heart started to race and the room started to spin.

"She picked up MY baby?" I asked.

"Yes. Why what's wr--

"oh my god. Oh my god," I started to panic. I pulled out my phone and quickly dialed Chresanto.

"Hel--"

"Chresanto! Have you heard from Madison?" I asked over the phone.

"Nooo. I already told you I fired her. Why can't you just believe me when I tell you that."

I started to freak out.

"Cassidy.. What's wrong?" He asked.

"The nursery.. Chassidy isn't here a-and they said Madison came and picked her up earlier today," I said trying to hold back tears.

"I'll be right there!" He said and hung up.

::Chresanto's POV::

I raced down the highway and sped off the exit which the nursery was on.

Once I pulled into the lot, there were about half a dozen police cars lined up.

I stopped my car, and hopped out. I ran over to Cassidy and hugged her.
I pulled back.

"I don't know where she is.." Cassidy said and cried. Her eyes were bloodshot and her face tearstained. "What if she's gone for good?"

"Hey hey hey. It's okay. We'll find her. I promise," I said soothing her while pulling her in for another hug.