Chapter 17

::Chresanto's POV::

I sat up in the bed and waited for Cassidy. We had to have sex. I couldn't tell my grandma that we were going through... well what we're going through.

We have to convince her that everything is normal in our relationship. Everyone told me -before I got married- that Cassidy and I would never work. And on the morning of my wedding day, I started to believe them. Everyone said it was just better to call the wedding off. Well, everyone but my grandma. She was the only one who took a liking to Cassidy and also the only one who supported our wedding. Of course, all of my family attended , but I know my grandma was really the only one truely happy. I couldn't prove the rest of my family right and the only one who believed in us wrong.

I chewed the inside of my lip nervously. Yeah, Cassidy and I have had sex numerous of times. Hell, maybe even a thousand times. We used to get it iinnnnnn. But ... not even once since we've started having problems. And that's been about a month. We haven't even kissed. We don't even TOUCH.

Slowly, the bathroom door creaked open and I straightened my back.

My head snapped in her direction and I swallowed hard at the sight.

Cassidy walked through the doorway with a pink lace bra with panties to match. She had on nude makeup and her curly hair fell just past her shoulders. She could definitely pass for a Victoria Secret Angel.

She stood there awkwardly after dropping her silk cheetah robe, indicating she was just as self conscious as I was at this point.

I tried to ease up her anxiety a little. After all, she was the one standing half naked in the middle of our---- her bedroom.

"You look beautiful Cass..." I said to her and she cracked a small smile. It slowly faded away as I tilted my head down.

She walked over and sat next to me on the bed. She got under the covers and started fiddling with her fingers.

I pulled my shirt over my head and looked over to Cassidy.

"You ready?" I asked.

She chuckled a little. "I feel like I'm being payed for sex."

I just looked away and she cleared her throat.

"I guess this wouldn't be the best time to make... jok--- yeah. Imma shutup now," she said.

Any other time, I would've laugd at her awkwardness, but I just couldn't right now.

She was on top of me now, straddling me. She hesitated to kiss me, so I leaned in and closed the gap between us.

It felt so good to have her lips on mine again. After so long. After so much. After everything.

We continued to kiss for a while, but I couldn't do this. Cassidy moved to my neck, and even though it felt good, my body tensed up. I'm guessing Cassidy could sense this, because she hopped off of me and back onto the bed.

I just sighed. "Im sorry. I can't. I just... can't right now."

Cassidy just nodded and went and put back on her robe. Next, she headed for the door and just as she turned the doorknob, she let it go.

"Maybe we dont have to," she whispered more to herself.

She turned around with an evil smirk on her face.

"Cassidyyyyy," I said a little frightened.

Her smile became wide and she ran and jumped onto my pelvis as I sat in the bed.

"Woah," I whispered taken aback.

"Just follow my lead," she whispered into my ear.

"Ughhhhhh! Chressss!" Cassidy moaned and closed her eyes.

My eyes became wide as an embarrassed blush filled my cheeks. What the hell was she doing?

"Faster!!!! AHHHHH!!" She began grinding on my hips, really getting into character.

"Yeah daddy!! Give it to me!!" She got louder and louder.

"Yeah baby! You're gonna make me.. ahh. Im gonna cum!!" She screamed in a high toned sexual voice.

She stopped grinding on me and paused for a substantial amount of time.

After a few seconds passed by, she let out the sexiest, climax scream I've ever heard. It sent a tingle up my body.

Next, she opened her eyes and smiled at me. "There we go " She hopped off of me and headed to the door, but not before I caught her arm.

"What was that? Grandma probably heard you from 2 floors down!" I exclaimed in a panicky way.

She shrugged nonchalantly. "And wasn't that the point? " She questioned.

"Of course it wasn't! That's crazy! We didn't even have sex."

"But she doesn't have to know that," Cassidy implied.

"But ... We were supposed to..." then I caught myself. She was right.

She smiled. "You can thank me later." She turned to walked out of the door but I stopped her again.

"Thank you Cassidy.. really," I said genuinely.

"No problem," she kissed my cheek then looked down at my groin. "Good luck with that," then she was out the door.

"Shit," I mumbled as I realized what she was talking about. The power women have over you...

::Cassidy's POV::

[The Next Morning]

It was the morning after the little stunt I played with Chresanto. I dont know why, but I was looking forward to the interrogation I was expecting from Mama August. Too bad I haven't received it yet.

I looked down at my watch. 12:38 pm.

Why isn't she up yet? She's usually up at the crack of dawn. 7 o'clock, the latest. But this is ridiculous. I decided to go upstairs and check up on her.

When I knocked on her door, she didn't answer.

"Mama August?" I asked as I cracked the door open. The only response I received was a cough.

Once I fully opened the door, I saw Chresanto sitting at her bedside. He held her hair back as she gagged over a small trash can.

I automatically walked out and in to my own room. I grabbed some stomach-settling pills , then i made my way downstairs to the fridge. I grabbed a ginger ale and a cup from the cabinet. I also made a quick sandwich for her. She probably just needed to get something on her stomach.

I swiftly walked back to the guest room and set everything onto the dresser on the opposite side of where the bed was located.

I tried to stay calm from all of Mama August's gagging. It sounded like she was about to DIE!

I took out two of the pills and placed them on the saucer with the sandwich already on it. That's when Chresanto walked up beside me.

"What's all of this?" He asked.

I poured the ginger ale into the cup as I spoke. "I figured she needed something on her stomach if she's nauseous. She hasn't ate all morning."

He leaned in and I shivered as I felt his breath on my neck.

"I'm not sure that'll work Cass," he whispered.

I ignored him. What does he know? It could help. He ain't no damn doctor.

I picked up the saucer and the cup and made my way over to the bed. I sat it onto the nightstand.

I sat on the edge of the bed and smiled at Mama August. The woman that was always so filled with life looked like she was on her death bed.

"Good afternoon," I said. I didn't let how she looked right now faze me. "How ya feelin?"

She chuckled. "The same way I look."

"Well iiiiiiiiiiii personally think you look absolutely sexy," I said seductively and bit my lip. "This whole bed head thing is kinda turning me on."

She laughed at my playfulness. "Mhmm."

"You hungry? I bought you some food," I said and picked up the plate.

She shook her head so I quickly sat it back down.

I placed the back of my hand onto her forehead. She was burning up.

"Chres go get me a cold wet wash cloth," I heard him mumble something in refusal. "NOW," I snapped.

*******

"It's really great to see such a young couple in love you know," Mama August said while smiling at both me and Chresanto.

I gave back a nervous smile. Were we even in love anymore? I knew that I still loved Chres but did he feel the same way for me? Was he really serious about this whole divorce thing? He couldn't be. But he did seem serious about it before Mama August came. Would he just leave whenever her little visit was over?

She reminisced for a while about her and her husband before he died in the military. It was pretty sad when she told the stories about him because you could tell the were truly in love and it was obvious she missed him. She said she dreamed of when she could finally join him again in heaven. She even thanked us for letting her visit.

"Are you crazy? You're always welcome," I said and gripped on to one of her hands . But why was she talking like this? It's not like she was about to die . As far as I knew, she was perfectly healthy. Minus, the headaches she gets sometimes. Or even the out-of-breathness she'd go through when climbing the steps and heartburn. But she was over 70! Isn't that normal?

"Cassidy? " I heard Chresanto call from the other side of the room. He was leaning by the door. My head turned towards him. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Sure."

I turned back to Mama August and smiled. "I'll be right back." I stood but she wouldn't let go of my hand. Her grip was tight.

I gave her a reassuring smile. "I'll be back before you know it."

I went out of the room and closed the door behind me. I followed Chresanto downstairs.

"Wassup?" I asked him after we finally made it to the kitchen.

"I have to tell you something," he said nervously and I nodded. "About grandma."

I waited expectantly.

"She's sick," he blurted out.

I chuckled a little as I began pulling out ingredients for dinner.

"Well that's obvious. But if you haven't noticed, it's October and its kinda cool outside. I would say its a common cold maybe?" I said back.

He just shook his head.

"Well it's not flu season yet, so I do--

"Can you just shut up and listen to me?!?" He erupted.

I stopped what I was doing and crossed my arms. "You mean listen to you? The exact OPPOSITE thing you did to me a few weeks ago?"

He smacked his teeth. "Why you always gotta make stuff about you Cassidy?"

"I'm not making stuff about me! I'm showing how much of a fucking HYPOCRITE YOU ARE!" I was so done at this point. He knew EXACTLY how to piss me off.

"Keep your damn voice down!" He whisper yelled. "You always gotta yell."

"Don't tell me to keep NOTHING DOWN IN MY OWNNNN DAMNNNNNN HOUSE!" I yelled louder. I wasn't worried about disturbing Mama August. She was 2 floors up. "It's better than looking all mellow and acting as if everything is fine!"

He started to walk towards the door and i heard him mumble. "Man whatever."

I walked after him. "Chresanto! Chresanto don't leave!" I roared from anger.

Just as I made it to the door, he slammed it closed. He was gon.

"UGHHHHH!" I screame out in frustration. "Fuck him," I mumbled and went to prepare dinner.