Chapter 13

::Cassidy's POV::

I stood, frozen. I tried to smile a bit. Maybe he hadn't read it yet.

"I told you it was nothing honey," I said and reached for it calmly.

That's when he lashed out and snatched away from my attempt to receive the envelope back. He must of read it. Shit! I knew I should've burned the shit.

"Don't fucking lie to me Cassidy, " he said with his jaw clenched tight. His eyes were dark and narrow. Like I was the number one thing he wanted to rip to shreds right now. "Tell me what this is now."

"I ... I was going through with my monthly check up when ... i--" I stammered.

"Spit it the fuck out," Chresanto demanded. "You wasn't stuttering when you got it done! Tell me now!"

I snapped back at him. "Do I really have to say it then?! You clearly already know what it is, unless you dont know how to FUCKING read."

"Don't fucking get smart with me Cassidy.. like I did something wrong," he backed me up until I was against the table. His eyes were filled with pure hate. I couldn't believe this was the guy I married. "You did this!!" He said and before I knew it, his hands slid across the table so fast and with so much force that he knocked everything over.

The shattering of all the class caused for me to wince. Was he going to hit me too? Was he that mad?

"You took away the only son I had."

Tears threatened to spill but I held my composure. But again, isn't this what I wanted?

"I-I didn't know. I never read the res--

"Bullshit Cassidy!" He yelled in my face. I could feel his anger radiate off of his body. "You were always sooooo jealous that I had a child with someone else."

"That's the thing!! He isn't your FUCKING son!" I yelled back. He was really testing me with all this jealousy shit. Puh-lease.

"Yeah and you made sure of that didn't you," he retorted.

"Oh my God! You're so FUCKING selfish! Did you ever think of how I felt about any of this? Sure.. I thought I could be a great stepmom but then everything became about Chase and Crystal. After we got married, you stopped trying. When's the last time you even took me out on a date?" I interrogated. "Or made me dinner. Or even CARED about my well-being? "

He just stared at me blankly, clearly not moved by the way I felt. Why wasn't he mad at the bitch who had lied to him about who his son was? "Really? I just lost my SON yet you're still talking about yourself!?" He asked in disbelief.

"YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO LOST A SON! DAMN IT!!" U roared in his face. Now it was my time to be mad. He had no idea what I'd gone through. "Sure, you lost a child that wasn't yours but I? I lost a child that I birthed. A child that I carried for 9 months. A child that I had way more years than you had with Chase to fall in love with him. And more importanly, it was all because of a stupid mistake. A stupid mistake that I'd made."

"What?" He asked confused. Then a look of shock came across his face. "You had a son? "

"Three years ago I did. It all started with..

**FLASHBACK**

I was so busy. It was pouring cats and dogs but I couldn't let that stop me. I had to get these last sketches to the post office so I could send them to Macy's for the Spring line.

The post office closed at 6:30 and it was already 6:10. On top of that, it was 15 minutes away . I was already pushing it and Caeden wasn't helping.