Chapter 14

::Cassidy's POV::

"how old was he?" Chresanto asked as silent tears fell down my cheek.

I never told anyone the full story. I just said that we were in a car accident.

"he was just about to turn 7," I replied without thinking.

Oh shit. I watched as he calculated the years in his head while looking down. I had already said this all happened 3 years ago. It was obvious.

That's when he looked up at me with a certain realization.

"Wait... he was 7?" Chresanto asked and turned to me.

I nodded as more tears filled the rim of my eyes.

"And this was three years ago?"

I nodded again.

His eyes became wide. "Who was his father?"

I looked at him and opened my mouth but no words came out. It was clear that the answer was written all over his face.

"I said who was his father Cassidy."

I just continued to stare at him. The tears threatened to spill out but I kept them in .

"Tell me that you didn't Cassidy."

I reached over and grabbed his hand. "I-- " I tried to provide a justifiable explanation, but I couldn't find any right words.

He snatched away from me while getting up quickly and kicking his chair back. He put his hands in his hair and slightly pulled it out of frustration.

"NO!! Tell me that you wouldn't keep something that big away from me!" He screamed.

I stood up quickly and tried to defend myself as he paced around the room. "Okay okay! Just listen!"

I started panicking and speaking rapidly. "I didn't want to ruin your life! I saw you on TV, touring all over the world with your group and I knew that that was your dream and I couldn't ruin that with a chil---

I was cut off by Chresanto's fist flying into the wall.

"Are you FUCKING kidding me?!?!?! You hid my child from me because of THAT?!?! Then KILLED him?"

I winced at his harsh choice of words. Now-without my knowledge-tears were streaming down my face.

He looked at me with pure hate in his eyes. Compassion and sympathy were completely absent from his soul at this point. "Don't fucking cry now."

He walked up to me and snarled as he spoke in my face. I quickly wiped away all the tears.

"You didn't cry when you got a DNA test for Chase and you didn't cry when you decided to keep Caeden away from me. You didnt cry when you took both sons away from me so don't cry now."

"Chresanto," I whispered in disbelief. I couldn't believe how cutthroat he was being right now. I didn't mean to.

He just stared at me then walked towards the front door.

I was too shocked to even speak. I jumped as I felt the vibrations of the door slam.

******

::Chresanto's POV::

It had been a full week since I found out about Chase and Caeden. I was staying in a local hotel and I hadn't seen Cassidy since our little blow up. She had called me a billion times but I just needed to clear all my thoughts. And now, I knew exactly what I wanted.

It was time for me to go back home.

I drove back to the house and knocked on the front door. I would've used my key but I had purposely thrown it away after everything that happened. Yeah, I'm still pissed but I might have been thinking a little irrationally the other day.

I knew she was here but why wasn't she answering?

To my luck, I turned the doorknob and it was unlocked. I walked in and called her name so she wouldn't be surprised.

"Cassidy," I called out but didn't get a response. "Cass?" I asked again as I climbed the stairs.

I walked to our room and pushed the door open. Cassidy was laying on the bed in a t-shirt and some sweat pants.

"Cassidy," I said and she jumped up quickly.

"Chresanto?" She jumped up and hugged me. "Im so glad you're back"

I pushed her back a little. "Actually .." I trailed off.

"Oh..." she said and stepped back self consciously. She went back over to the bed and sat down.

I went over and stood next to her. She looked completely out of it. Like she was completely numb. Emotionless. I'm pretty sure she hadn't even left the house since I left.

I wanted to be here for her. But, I couldn't right now. Her mood had changed so quickly. From seeing me and being happy to being... like this. It made me wonder if she'd been taking her pills.

I looked over to her night stand-in search of her meds- but instead saw a bottle of pain killers.

I picked them up and shook the bottle.

She had just bought them by the looks of the receipt but only a few were left out of 25.

"Oh.. uhm," Cassidy looked up at me. "My headaches have been killer lately "

I could tell she was lying. After everything, she was still lying to my face.

I picked them up and shoved them into my pocket when she wasn't looking. She didn't need anymore of these things.

I handed her an envelope. "I want a divorce Cassidy." I told her.

"Wait what?" Her eyes snapped to me. "Chres no. I didn't mean to go behind your back with Chase and--

"I know," I interjected but she continued.

"And I only kept Caeden away from you because I thought that you were living your dream," she continued on her rant.

"I know," I interjected once more, but just like the first time, she continued anyway.

"But I love you," she said, sounding defeated.

I sat down next to her and sighed. "I know. "

Her head dropped down but I continued. "I just can't trust you right now," I confessed truthfully. "This is the best thing for us right now .. I promise. "