Chapter 24

::Chresanto's POV::

I decided to make Cass pasta, since that was really the only thing I could make.

Just as I set two plates on the table with the pasta, Madison came downstairs.

I sat down and looked up at her. "I thought you left?"

"Nope, I stayed with Chassidy for a while," she said and went to the cupboards to grab a plate of her own.

So much for a romantic dinner.

She got some of the pasta, then sat with us at the table.

There was a long silence, until Cassidy decided to break it.

"So Madison? Uh.. What are you doing here?" She asked inquisitively.

"You mean why am I at the table? To ... Eat," Madison responded smartly.

"No I mean why are you in my house," Cassidy snapped back.

Madison put down her fork. "I'm Chresanto's assistant."

"Wait wuhhhh? So you just quit working for me?" Cassidy asked.

Oh no oh no oh no.

"Wine anyone?" I tried to chime in.

"I didn't quit. I was laid off," Madison stated and Cassidy's face scrunched up in confusion. "The company went bankrupt," she explained.

I watched as Cassidy's fork dropped. You could hear the collision it made when it hit the floor.

"And now you work for Chresanto?" Cassidy asked.

"Yeah," I watched as Madison's eyes averted towards me and she gazed in a dreamily way. "Chresanto's assistant had just moved to L.A. and I was out of a job soooo... Everything kind of fell into place I guess."

"One thing didnt fall into place. That thing being you landing into my household," Cassidy said with a snarl.

"YOUR household? Ha! You haven't been here in a fucking year! You can't even claim Chassidy as your daughter. You haven't taken care of her or anything!"

"Hey! Madison don't talk to her like that," I said sternly.

"Get the hell out," Cassidy demanded. Her voice was low and her eyes were dark. This wouldn't end well... For Madison.

She stood up. "Get this hoe out of my fucking house Chresanto," Cassidy said before going upstairs.

"Madison why would you rub that in her face?" I asked .

She just shrugged.

"You need to go," I said and headed upstairs to talk to Cassidy.

Before I could leave, I felt a set of arms wrap around me.

I sighed and removed her hands. "You need to stop this. Cassidy is back," I said sternly before going upstairs.

I walked into the room to find her on her laptop.

"C," I said and stepped into the door.

Her face was scrunched up as she read from the screen. She was focusing so it must have been important.

I laid on the bed, on my side.

It was an article about the bankruptcy of her company.

Not wanting to see all of her hard work gone to waste, I sat up.

"Why didn't you tell me? What happened?" She asked.

"Your medical bills were piling up. Between you being in a coma and them taking all the precautions to make sure Chassidy was healthy, I couldn't take care of everything. So either I continued paying the money for your life-support machine, or I invested money into the company."

She looked as if she was contemplating something, but she stayed quiet.

"I'm gonna go see Chassidy," she said before getting up and leaving the room.

::Cassidy's POV::

I let everything marinate my mind as I walked down the hall .

Who could I blame for the bankruptcy, but myself? No one. I shouldn't have been out so long.

Then this Madison bitch. UGH. What the hell happened to her? She used to be so SWEET. Like tf?

I slowly stepped into Chassidy's room and tip toed up to her bed.

I watched her sleep. God. She was so beautiful. It was like looking in a mirror. She looked just like me when I was her age.

I walked around the luxurious room. I could tell already that she was going to be spoiled.

I went through the frames on the wall... Then I saw another.

"Mommy and daughter," I read the words on the frame aloud. Inside the frame lied a picture of... Chassidy and... Madison.

I tried to keep my composure but my breathing slowly became heavy. I snatched the picture off of the wall and stormed out of the room.

I slammed my bedroom door open to see Chresanto watching TV.

"Mommy and daughter huh?" I said and held up the picture frame.

I bent down and quickly pulled the metal bat that lied up under my bed.

I stormed out and slammed the door behind me.

I heard Chres call my name but I was livid. How dare he let her come in and take over like this?! She isn't my daughter's mom! I AM.

I ran down the steps and out the garage door.

I threw the frame down on the concrete and slammed the bat into the glass covering the picture.

"Cassidy!" He called out.

I nodded down towards the picture . "Mother huh?"

I smashed the frame repeatedly but I was still furious. "Nice to know how easily you replaced me!"

I threw down the bat and decided to just go to bed.

I attempted to walk through the door, but Chres blocked the entrance.

"Move," I demanded.

"MOVE NOW Chresanto," I yelled.

"I didn't replace you," he said.

"Oh really?" I asked. "Because I can't tell." I was so mad, I was about to cry.

"She was just helping okay, she could never be you," he stated. Chresanto always had a way with words, but I wasn't buying it.

"Is there anything going on between you and her?" I asked inquisitively.

There was a long pause...