Chapter 8

::Chresanto's POV::

My eyes flickered over to the figure just behind the curtains to my left and I saw Cassidy's hurt expression.

I basically threw Crystal off of me but it was too late. Embarrassment filled my body and I didn't know what to say to the audience. What could I say anyway? There was no way to explain that. We'd gathered so many people here to give these kids and my studio the recognition it needed and this isn't what I wanted. This sure in hell isn't what I'd expected.

So, without saying a word, I ran to find Cassidy. I really did NEED to get off of that stage and out of that building before I go to jail for domestic violence against Crystal. Plus, I didn't want to hurt my little man. I loved him too much already.

I finally reached the parking lot when I felt something tugging on my arm. I swung around to see Crystal. Her eyes were poofy and her cheeks red of embarrassment. Did she even realize what she did? Most of my students' parents will probably unenroll their kids in a FREE program like mine that keeps them out of trouble. But even all of that was in the back of my mind at this point.

I turned back around and tried to spot Cassidy's car. I think she came in the Range Rover today ... or was it the BMW.. or the Benz? Or was it the Ferrari? Hell she has nearly two dozen cars in almost every color!! What color was she wearing? She always drives the car that matches her outfit.

Wasn't she wearing red? So that narrows it down to the Ferrari and the Bugatti. Got dammit. When we get married, we selling some of them. Or was she wearing black? So that would be the Porsche or the Lincoln. No she was wearing red AND black. Awww Fuck.

"Chresanto!" Crystal screamed pulling me out of my thoughts.

This this shit that piss me off. Whenever she dont get what she wants, she throw a FUCKING temper tantrum. The fuck I look like? A pre-school teacher. I think not.

"What?" I asked and continued to search for Cassidy instead of her car. I scanned each car in the parking lot's windshield but with no luck. Damn it. She must've left already.

"I'm sorry okay. I dont know why I did th---"

I cut her off. "Are you serious? Dont try to apologize now. Do you realize how fucking unprofessional that made ME look? Some of those parents won't even let their kids-who really love dance - come back next season."

I searched her face for any sign of emotion but once again, I was out of luck. "Ha.." I shook my head. "And the sad part is, is that you dont even care." I started to leave but she pulled me back.

"Okay look. I see the way you look at Cassidy and... I didn't know what to do. Im afraid of losing you," she looked down at her stomach. "We're afraid of losing you."

I just stared at her, stared into her eyes. I was trying to see if she was being forreal right now. That's literally ALL she cared about. She couldn't possibly love me because we dont even spend time together and you dont have to be together just because you're having a baby ... so what is it?

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked then touched my arm. "Babe."

I took a step back from her. "I don't love you anymore."

I saw the tears well up in her eyes but I couldn't do this anymore. Every since I've started seeing Cassidy again, me and Crystal have spread further and further apart.

"What?" She asked with tears streaming down her face. Wow. That should be in the Venus Book of World Records. She literally turned on the waterworks out of nowhere.

"I'm going to take care of my kid, but I can't be with you anymore. We've been spreading further and further apart."

"Yeah cuz you were FUCKING around with that whore!!" She yelled in my face. See what I mean? Actress. She was JUST crying.

I know it may seem like I hate her out of nowhere but that's not the case. I've known her long enough to see through her many antics and these last few weeks have been eye opening. I never paid attention to it before but now I finally see. She always tries to manipulate someone or maneuver her way around things to get what she wants and when she wants.

I smacked my teeth and took a deep, calming breath. "No. It started way before that. Way before Cassidy was brought back into my life and you know it. "

"Back into? You knew her before?" Crystal asked in shock. Tears, anger and now disbelief. Is bipolar disorder hereditary because I hope my son is nothing like her.

"That doesn't matter." I grabbed her left hand and took off her engagement ring. "I'll be by later to get my stuff."

As I walked to my car, I heard her sob then stomp off.

I could care less about that though. The only thing that ran through my mind was Cassidy.

::Cassidy's POV::

I sat on my couch and stared at the Tv screen. It was fine that it wasn't actually powered on because I had my own show running through my mind. That whole Chresanto and Crystal thing was just too much for me. Maybe I should just let him go..

That very thought made me feel as if my heart was being cut open, diced into small squares and being fed to Alligators.

I thought that we could work but who was I fooling? And no, it's because I just saw them kissing so I'm having some breakdown. It's the fact that he has me looking like a fucking fool. Telling me that he's gonna leave her and feeding me false dreams of being a stepmom. I look like a fucking joke. I chuckled to myself. Then he had the audacity to have her come on stage too? Saying she was the love of his life and shit. I'm so stupid.

My head snapped towards the sound of a light knock on my front door. Even though most of the exterior of my house is made out of glass, (y'all know what type of house I'm talkin bout right?) it was pretty dark, so I couldn't see the visitor's face.

I walked up to the door and my stomach churned from the sight.

I stood still at the door and stared at him through the glass. His eyes were pleading, apologetic ... desperate.

I placed my hand on the doorknob and started to turn it, but then I stopped myself. What was I even doing? I should've already cut this off with Chresanto. He was engaged, having a child and Caeden was dead. So why was I so stuck on him? Why couldn't I break his hold on me?

I looked up at him then locked the door and set my alarm. I tried my best to block out him calling for me as I walked upstairs to my room. Lets just face the facts, I wont ever get over him or stop loving him but continuing to see him isn't gonna help either.

I can't see him anymore. I pulled my phone from my pocket, deleted his contact and blocked his number. Good thing I hadn't remembered it by heart.

I had to break any hold he had on me, any means to communicate. I love his students, but I can't go back to his studio either. I promised the kids I would support them next season but that was a promise that I would have to break.

I stripped out of my clothes and snuggled in my silk sheets. Might as well get some rest. I have to work tomorrow. No more distractions.