Chapter 26

::Cassidy's POV::

I threw my bag over my shoulder and carried the baby, in the car seat, to the front door.
Chresanto thought I was playin when I said we weren't gon be here when he got back. Ha. I didn't waste ANY time, after he left. I started packing immediately after he left. I don't know who the fuck he is. He must've lost his mind while I was gone, but I got somethin fa that ass. WATCH.
Then again, this is my house. Why the hell I gotta leave?

Even so, I need a vacation. I planned on going to my beach house about an hour away from here on the coast.
Just as I was spinning the doorknob, the door opened .

I stepped back to see Chres.

What was he doing here? He had left about an hour and a half ago and said he wasn't to be back until tomorrow morning, so the question rises again. WHY is he here?

"Aren't you supposed to be in Vegas?" I asked nonchalantly, but attitude was evident in my tone.

He stepped fully into the door and shoved his hands into his pockets.

So he didn't have anything to say?

"Ha.." I let out a unhumored chuckle. "Unbelievable."

I stepped pass him and opened the door. As I did this, he grabbed my arm.

"Cass wait."

My head snapped towards his hand that was wrapped around my arm.

This was definitely not the time to touch me. Cuz I could get physical too, and it wouldn't be gentle. Any other time, I would've snatched away from him, but I had a sleeping Chassidy in my hand. And even though she's a pretty deep sleeper, a sudden jerk would surely wake her up.

He quickly let go after my sharp eyes averted to his face.

I walked towards my car that was parked outside with Chassidy in her car seat.

Once I reached my car, I opened the backseat and securely fastened the car seat in. After finishing my first priority with Chass, I placed my bag on the other side of the seat.

Just as I was opening my car door, Chresanto came and shut the door.

"What the hell?"

Next, he took my keys and locked the doors.

"Chresanto.. Stop fuckin playin," I said sternly. I didn't have any time for his games. "Give me my damn keys."

He had this playful smirk on his face and I already knew where this was going.

"You want em? They're right here baby," he said and held them right in front of his torso.

Just as I reached for them, he maneuvered the keys behind his back.

"Chres!" I whined. This could take forever. I was pissed, but that only made him want to play even more!

"If you can get them, you can have them," he said witfully.

Next, I went through a series of motions in attempt to get the keys back. It was useless though, he was too fast.

I had to come at this situation a totally different way.

I took a step forward, making the gap between us nonexistent. I wrapped my arms around his waist and looked up to him.

"Can I get the keys.... Please?" I begged while I trailed my hand down his ripped torso.

I knew exactly where the keys were. He had them behind his back. I was just waiting for the right time to snatch them.

He gulped as my hand neared his groin. "I don't k-know if I can," he stammered out as I kissed his neck.

It's crazy how we've been together for so long but something as little as a kiss, can still drive the other crazy.

I felt something hard against the bottom of my stomach. It didn't even take a minute for my mind to figure out what it was. Just as I felt his body loosen up, I snatched the keys and stepped back.

"Ha!" I teased in glory.

He pouted. "That was low. Where are you even going?!"

"Didn't I tell you we weren't gonna be here when you got back tomorrow?" I asked him.

"Yeah... But I'm here now. I got OFF the plane to come back to you."

Well.... Now to think about it... Why was I trying to leave?

"Yeah .. But--

"But what?" Chresanto asked expectantly.

"Uhhh... Well.. I uhmmm-

"See you don't even know what to do now that I did something right," he said and opened the car door to get Chassidy.

She was awake now.

"Hey pretty girl," he said as he picked her up from her car seat.

"Hey! I thought that was me?" I asked in a joking manner.

"Nahh," he said and walked to the door.

"You're not pretty, you're beautiful," he said and held the door open for me to walk inside first.

I smiled and walked in.

::Chresanto's POV::

"The door stays open at ALL times," Cassidy snarled towards Madison as she walked out of the room.

I chuckled at her bossiness.

"Okay what's my schedule gonna look like this month?" I asked and faced Madison.

"You know," she sighed as she stacked some papers. "You missed out on a lot of money last week when you bailed on Lady Gaga."

I smacked my teeth. She always does this shit. "When did you become my manager?"

"I'm not," she replied back .

"Okay then. I didn't want to leave Cassidy. So, I didn't," I said and opened up my laptop.

"Whatever," she mumbled. The jealousy in her voice was a little to evident, but I tried to shake it off.

For the next hour or so, we worked silently, planning events and making sure I didn't overbook any days that I had to tend to my celebrity clients.

The clicking of heels against the wooden floor caught my attention. As the noise neared, I saw Cassidy.

She was dressed in her normal, rich city girl attire. But, she looked more business-casual. Where was she going?

"Liikkkeeeee?" She cooed as she spun around.

"No," Madison mumbled and I hit her leg.

I should have never made physical contact with her, but I didn't realize til AFTER the fact.

Madison's hand started at my knee and slowly started to move toward my groin.

I cleared my throat nervously.

"So babe, where you going?" I asked.

"Weelllllll," she almost squealed excitedly. "I got offered a position as the Co-Executive President for Sax Fifth Avenue."

"Babbeeee! That's great! I'm so proud of you," I matched her level of thrill. I was happy for her.

I tried to ignore Madison's hand, but I couldn't. It had reached it's destination.

"I'm going to go meet them now," she said and reached over the desk to kiss me on my cheek.

"Alright. Be careful. I love you," I said genuinely.

"I love you too," she responded as she walked out of the room.

Not too long afterward, the front door closed.

I threw her hand off of me.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" I asked.

She got up and straddled me. "Don't act like you didn't like it," she said before shoving her hand fully into my pants.

I shivered as she began stroking it. I mean, it did feel good, but this was wrong. I knew Cassidy didn't deserve this, but I couldn't find the strength to throw her off of me.

"I knew it," she whispered into my ear, then looked me into my eyes.

That's when the unthinkable happened. She crashed her lips onto mine.

That's when something snapped. I picked her up and shoved her away from me.

"This is wrong. You need to go," I said sternly. "Now."