Chapter 12

::Cassidy's POV::

I sat in the car for about 20 minutes before I walked into the house. I wondered how he would react. Would he be pissed? Or would he be thankful? Nahhh. He was probably gonna be pissed. But if he just would've got it done like I asked, I wouldn't have had to do shit behind his back.

I decided to just hand Chresanto the envelope and let him see if it's his child or not. I hadn't seen what the result was. I would find out whenever he did. Yeah, he would initially be pissed but if it was his child then he should be happy. It would shut me up. But if it wasn't then.... hell. I don't even know.

I got out of my car, locked the doors, placed the huge orange envelope under my arm and held my clutch purse in my right hand. It's showtime. Right when I walk in, imma just hand it to him. No need to be regretful now. What's done is done.

Once I opened the door, I was greeted by the delicious aroma of food. That sounds fat doesn't it? Oh well. Fuck it. I haven't ate since breakfast.

I was also greeted by the smell of cleaning products. As I looked around, everything was clean. What the hell?

I walked up the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Babe," I heard Chresanto's voice as he walked down the stairs. He was wearing a button down, silk shirt that exposed his chest a little. He was also wearing Khakis. But it doesn't really matter what he's wearing because he always looks sexy.

"What's all this?" I asked while looking over to the table.

He had set up 2 plates that had a substantial amount of pasta on it and 2 empty wine glasses. There were also candles that were lit all over the place. Damn. He had really put a lot into this. Shit.

"It's my apology," he said and wrapped his arms around my waist. We'd been together over a year but he still gave me butterflies everytime he touched me. I was infatuated with him. He was my intoxicated essence.

"I'm sorry for everything," he said. "It's just he's my son and I'm scared that he might not be mine."

I looked down, now feeling ashamed of what I did.

" But," he said and lifted my chin with his index finger, "... you're my wife. And if you think that I should get a paternity test, I will."

My chest tightened but this is what I wanted right? For him to be willing to get a DNA test. I couldn't show him I went and got it done behind his back. He would never trust me... not that he had any reason to. I had kept his first son-and potentially his only son-away from him.

He leaned in and kissed me. When we parted, he smiled at me and I returned the smile half heartedly.

"What's in the envelope?" He asked me.

"Ohhh. It's nothing," I lied quickly while waving my hand dismissively. I would be a good liar if it didn't make my face puffy. Good thing Chresanto didn't know about that yet.

"Oh," he said and let the subject go. Thank goodness.

Next, he turned to go to the sink. He began washing his hands and that's when I realized that this was my chance. I pressed the step at the bottom of the trashcan that made the top fly open. I threw the envelope into the trash and released pressure from the step just as Chresanto turned around.

There. The evidence was gone.

He looked at me strangely then let out a small chuckle.

"Are you gonna sit?" He asked and made a hand gesture towards the table.

I had to get myself together or he would know something was up.

"Uhhh.. actually, I'm gonna freshen up a bit," I said and darted up the stairs. "Pour the wine!" I hollered.

::Chresanto's POV::

"I do all this and she put me on hold," I mumbled under my breath. "Ungrateful as--

"Whhattt?" She asked from upstairs. Oh shit. How the fuck she hear me from up there?

She must have cameras or sum type of shit installed. I began looking around suspiciously.

"Hurry up!" I yelled.

I picked out some white whine and poured it into both wine glasses. I knew that was her favorite and it calmed her. She seemed tense and I had a way to fix that. I sat the wine bottle onto the table, then unbuttoned all the buttons on my shirt. I had to be getting some tonight. All this effort I put into this. I smirked.

I picked back up the bottle to put it away but that's when I realized it was empty. Damn. I swear I this was just full last week, now it's empty. "I'm married to a drunk," I joked.

"Cassssssss!!!" I said once more as I headed over to the trash can. I stepped onto the step at the bottom and threw in the empty bottle.

That's when I saw that orange envelope again. Why had Cassidy thrown it away? It was probably a mistake. But then again, she did say it was nothing.

I closed the trashcan and began walking away. Then suddenly, curiosity hit me. One little peek couldn't hurt right?

I got up and walked over to the trashcan. Just to make sure, I glanced over to the steps. The coast was clear.

I looked back at the trash can and opened it. I reached down and pulled out the envelope. I opened it and began reading it swiftly.

After comprehending the first three or four sentences, I understood that it was a DNA test for Chase and I.

How could she do this to me? Go behind my back. Then walk into this house like nothing was wrong. I continued reading and what I found out, nearly crushed me.

"Okay okay," I heard Cassidy walk down the steps. I couldn't even look at her right now.

"What the fuck is this Cassidy?" I asked and held up the results.