Chapter 1

Hi.. My name is Jordan Peace, I'm 17 and I'm a Senior in high school in Los Angeles, California. I'm that shy nerdy girl you see in school hiding in the library and reading books. Ever since I started school I've been making straight As. You'd think I'd get praised by my parents. Well you thought wrong. My mother died in a car crash when I was 7. She was driving home and a drunk driver fell asleep at the wheel and got into her lane. They crashed head on and it broke her neck.... They said it was quick and painless, thank God for that. But it sucks like hell not having her here. Ever since my mom died my father has started drinking. He drinks 24/7 and he doesn't have a job. I have 2 jobs. I work at a café as a waitress and at a restaurant as a waitress. I pay all the bills and I buy all of our groceries. The only place I can truly be me is at the park, in my room, and at the public library. I go to library so much that it's practically my second home. Richard, the man who owns it, is more of a father to me than my biological one. Let me tell you about myself a little bit more. I have a caramel skin tone, I have long thick curly hair, I wear those big thick nerd glasses, and I have to wear wither a jacket, hoodie, or thick bracelets to cover the scars on my arms and wrists. Depression and cutting is something I've been fighting for a while now. And lucky me... I have school tomorrow... Wonderful.

————————————————————

Hiiio. So this is my first story and I apologise if it sucks. If there are any errors or anything wrong about it please tell me. 😁😁😁😘