1.

5pm.
Friday, March 10, 2015

I've never been the type to have many friends. I had grown up without a family. I had raised myself, taught myself right from wrong, taught myself how to read, how to write. So many things I taught myself to do.

I have always been isolated in my room, doing my homework or writing in my journal, like I am now. Its crazy how I managed to still be successful without having any motivation to do anything.

I managed to be Valedictorian with over 25 scholarships from various colleges. It had felt amazing when I finally graduated. I decided to move away from Michigan and move to Chicago. Just a simple college. I didn't want to go to NYU, Harvard or Princeton.

I just moved not too long ago into a simple apartment that was across from the University of Chicago, the college I'm going to in exactly 75 days. I'm excited, but then I'm kind of nervous, because there's going to be a lot more people I'm going to have to be around.

I jumped and dropped my pen at the loud knock at my door.

Who would come here? I don't even know anyone here.

My heart was pounding so hard, I could feel it throbbing throughout my whole body.

"H-hello? Who's there?" I tried not to sound scared.

I remained calm, and kept thinking it was nothing.

Until I came to the most worst situation of my life.

Deandre

"Where my money at mane?" Biggie says to me while reaching into his pocket.

"Come on man, I told you that I'll give it to you by the end of this week!" I put my hands up in surrender.

"Its already been a week! You owe me!"

Before I could even respond, I had ran and ran until I came unto an apartment. I had ran up the stairs to a room and knocked and knocked, until I was shot.

Arabella

When I had seen a guy that looked about my age on the floor, bleeding half to death, I just froze. I didn't know what to do, I couldn't scream, do anything. I was numb.

"P-Please h-help m-me.." He says.

All I could feel was tears streaming down my face. Who would do this? Why?

I dragged him in my living room on the couch, and ran and got towels from my bathroom to stop some of the bleeding. I was shaking so bad that I couldn't even hold the towels.

I hurriedly picked them up and went to try to help him.

"H-hold this against your wounds okay?"

He nods weakly, and I couldn't help but sigh. This is so messed up.

I grabbed my phone and dialed 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Hello! U-um there's this guy, he's been shot, a-and he was right in front of my doorway.." I say inbetween sniffles.