Getting Used To The Atmosphere

*Dean's POV*

"Dean, how do you work your toaster?" I heard Cas yell from the kitchen. I got up from the couch and walked in beside him.

"Set it on how you like your toast, put it in, and wait." I said sarcastically. Cas rolled his eyes but smiled.

"I knew that but how do you set it?" He sassed. I showed him and he nodded, thanked me, and dismissed me from the kitchen, claiming the breakfast was a secret. After a few clashes of pans and a few swears, Cas emerged from the kitchen with a great looking plate of food. "Learned a few things while I was at high school." He beamed.

"Smells great, hope it tastes the same." I said, picking up a fork and taking a bite. "Well, I'm correct." I could feel my taste buds thanking Cas for a home cooked meal. It's been a while since I've had one, last time was when I was about four when my mom was alive. I could feel my smile fade as I thought back to my few memories with my mother.

"Dean..?" Cas started. "Are you okay?" I gave him a 'no but I'll be fine in a minute' look and half smiled. He returned the half smile and placed a hand on my shoulder. "You should get dressed, we have to go in about fifteen minutes so we're not late." My eyes widened. I forgot about the fact I still go to school. I stood up, put the empty plate in the kitchen and got dressed, all while Cas waited patiently. I sighed in exhaustion from power readying and let Cas lead the way to the Impala.

----------

"Next time, you'll find someone who actually likes you instead of being with you because of a pointless dare!" The guy yelled as he kicked me in the stomach for the last time. "And if you even think of telling Dean what I did, I won't stop." He spit on me before walking away. I coughed and blood came up. How the hell did no body see this? I slowly got to my feet, barely able to move properly. I shouldn't have left the class to use the bathroom. The clock struck 2:00 and everyone in the building rushed out to their cars to leave. I stumbled a few times before eventually getting to Dean's car. I slouched over as I coughed up more blood. I could feel my breathing slowly start to come back to normal.

"Holy shit!" I heard a voice exclaim. I looked over to see Dean running towards me. "Who did this to you?!" He yelled. I flinched and looked at him, shrugging. I truly had no idea but I remember what he looked like.

"He was.. Tall and thin." I barely managed to get out before getting yet another coughing fit.

"Whoa whoa whoa, take it easy, Cas." Dean said as he eased me into his car. He got in on the other side and interrogating me with yes-or-no questions so I didn't have to speak. Finally, he came to a conclusion to who it was. "Damien." He scowled.

"Don't.. Do.. Anything. He said he.. Wouldn't stop if I.. Told." I said, raspy. Dean glared over at me.

"How can I not do anything?! He just beat the shit out of you, I'm not going to let this slide." He snarled.

"You're going to have to because he'll probably hurt you too." I coughed. I heard Dean sigh but his look told me that this Damien guy was not going to look pleasant when he was done with him. We drove back to our house. Still feels weird calling it ours. I hobbled into the bathroom with a little help from Dean. I cringed once I looked into the mirror. My eye was swollen, lip busted, nose slightly bleeding. I looked like the child of Hell & death. I looked down to my stomach & lifted up my shirt to see bruises and red spots everywhere. I'm pretty sure at least two of my ribs were shattered. I took my phone out of my pocket and texted Madisyn, ignoring the fact that she wasn't going to be out of school for another half hour.

"Could you possibly do that healing thing for me? I don't know how you do it but it makes me better & I really need it." I sent, sounding very needy. It took about three minutes before she replied.

"I have my ways that only one person knows of but sure, I'll do it. I'll have Sam show me where exactly Dean lives and I'll help you." I could just see her smiling as I read her text.

"Thanks (:" I heard Dean call from the living room. I stumbled towards him and took a seat on the couch.

"Let me look at you." Dean said, turning my face with his hand." He cringed. "You still have that cute face, no permanent damage." He smiled. I could feel my face brightening as he slowly leaned in. He planted a small kiss on my cheek, respecting the fact my lip was split. I returned it as best as I could. I could feel my body getting used to our home.

(No one answers my questions! What do you want to see in this story? Do you want to see more Madisyn & Sam, more John? I need your opinions. Also, I've decided that I won't be updating the chapters until they get seven votes. Once this chapter reaches seven votes, I'll start a new chapter but until then, no more. I'm sorry but I want more people to read this story. I LOVE YOU ALL! <3 c; )