"I think it's best I leave..." I spoke just above a whisper folding my arms across my chest and looking away.

"What? why? Is this because of what happened to Chase. Because the guy had it coming." He was angry. He didn't know. He didn't need to. My father was a cold and heartless man and I knew what he was capable of. I didn't want that for Rylan. So, he didn't need to know. I hate this.

"No it's-" I started but quickly stopped myself. I hate this.

"It's your dad isn't it." He asked, all anger gone from his voice. His fist, however, remained by his side clenched. I hate this.

"Yeah." I sigh dropping my arms. I hate this.

"And so you were just going to leave like that." Rylan asked sounding more hurt than anything else. I hate this.

"Well... No... I mean... I uh... I was..." I stumble over what I should say. I hate this.

"Just going to leave like that." He interrupts. I hate this.

"I don't do goodbyes." I finally look up and blink the tears away. I hate this.

"What about Morgan and Ameia... They'd be heartbroken if they knew that you'd just left." He tells me. I knew that and I hate doing this.

"Why do you care?" I scoff. I hate this.

"Because I thought we were friends!" He hits his door with a loud thud. I don't flinch. I roll my eyes. I hate this.

"Well maybe we aren't." I sigh looking down. It was a lie. A horrible lie, but I had no choice. My father would destroy all his mother had and if Rylan thought we were friends he could come after me. My heart wished he would come after me, but me head told me to keep away. I hate this.

"What?" I could hear the hurt in his voice and it was written boldly across his face. I was hurting him to keep him safe. He just didn't know it. I hate this.

"Maybe I don't care about anyone in this god damn school and I pretended to like you just so I  wouldn't feel lonely." I shout at him.

"Don't say that." He yells. I can't do this.

"I just did." I turn and start walking away.

"Ash. Ash! you can't leave!" he shouts from behind me.

You don't understand. I have to. I hate my father. He is a monster.

And I was tired of fighting.

By @storieanonymous Thank you they are adorable ❤️❤️

By @storieanonymous
Thank you they are adorable ❤️❤️