The First Quest

“How did that bastard know I was possessing that girl?” Morgan was furious pacing her den with Mordred shaking his head.

“I told you, this is a man we should not under estimate. He was trained by Merlin personally, and he has Fae blood in him. Ector can detect magic better than most humans.”

They were in Morgan’s apothecary, filled with shelves of potions, ingredients, and other pieces of animals and tools for Morgan’s sorcery. Mordred could smell the combination of spices and roots that Morgan lined along the ceiling and rafters to quickly grab and add to current endeavors.

“But Cunningham…”

“Please, Cunningham is a fool and you know it. I don’t even see why you even associate yourself with him.”

“Because he has land, men at arms, and more money than what we could ever think of having. He has five fiefdoms, all laden with what we need to commit ourselves to a military campaign if needed.”

“Somehow I think there’s one other thing that makes you cling to him like some abandoned maiden.”

“He has been gifted in one respect to the realm of sensual pleasure. But that’s his only real appeal beyond our own needs. Besides, he is far from a real man, and I had to use him until I could get you back. Oh how I miss how you hold me in your arms when we’re in bed together. The thrill of passion coursing through my veins every time you held me tighter and tighter.” She walked to Mordred slowly undoing her garter and letting her gown falling to the floor.

Mordred whispers to Morgan as he hold her tight, “You know, we’ll probably make a bit of a mess when we’re done.”

She laughs playfully, “We can let the servants clean up afterwards, that’s their purpose in life isn’t it?”

He kisses her gently, leaning her back onto a nearby table as they gave into each other’s passion.

As Ector awoke, the lady, whose name he learned was Eleri, laid in bed with him, the sheets covering the divine body underneath. A cheery voice came from behind him, "Well this trip has been going pretty well for you so far." Ector turned to see Cecilia looking at him nodding her head in approval. He felt a deep stone form in his stomach.

"Seriously, I would've hit that. So I'm not holding anything against you here."

"Wait, am I awake?"

"No this is a dream."

"So you can talk to me in my dreams?"

"Yeah, go figure that one out?"

"Wait, what?"

"Listen, I thought this was better than doing this where your new friend would see me, freak out, cause all sorts of hell and potentially making a mess with that Lady of the Lake person. And I doubt we want that to happen don't we?"

"Yeah I guess, wait? How come you're taking this whole thing pretty well? That's kinda unnerving now that I'm thinking about this."

"Well in all fairness, we never actually dated, we only agreed to date. Plus, this doesn't mean that you won't try to give me my body back, so thus far I haven't suffered any setbacks on that little front. And once again, I would have done her without question. I mean, she’s hot."

"Okay, this is just getting weird."

"You want to change the subject?"

"Yes, very much so please."

"All right then, what's our plan about getting the sword?"

"Well we've made it to Avalon, that's a good start."