For the Newlydates

A/N: I found another one of these third year/college fanart!
He looks so different, my pudding child.. *sniffle*
Creds to the artists~

Somewhere in the back of Karasuno, the middle blocker sat quietly next to his boyfriend. None of them said a thing. Silence surrounded the two as the clock ticks.

It was only day tenth of their relationship and they already caught themselves in a fight. Not a huge one of course, but still an annoying one. And an exhausting one too, frankly. It happened a few hours ago, during the team's practice before their first class.

"HINATA YOU IDIOT"

"DON'T YELL AT ME I CAN'T CONCENTRATE!"

The two shouted as the volleyball tumbled on the ground. "I told you to stick with the old attacks!" Kageyama yelled. Their practice was meant for the schools' tradition, Battle of the Dumpster, which was about to happen next week. Sure, it's a friendly rival match, but Kageyama takes every match seriously. "Don't wanna. I want to try the new moves! You know, the one where you go swoooshaa! and then I go BAZAAMM!"

"We can't use that one on Lev! He's two meters tall idiot" the raven argued.

"But we can try!"

"Listen to me you moro--"

"QUIT IT! BOTH OF YOU!" Ukai shouted from across the room. His voice echoed, giving a shiver through the spines of everyone that was present.

What happened next wasn't quite the best experience they had. A long session of ear-bleeding scold followed by three laps of dive.

The raven has been avoiding Hinata ever since. Slamming your own self onto the ground isn't the most pleasant thing to do. Not only that, he also missed the entire practice. His body felt sore for nothing.

"Umh.. Are you mad at me?" Hinata asked. He felt guilty somehow. Perhaps he should have listened to the brain of the game.

The captain didn't answer. He ignored the guy as he sipped on his drink. Uh.. I screwed up, the other thought. Hinata bend his back down. "Sorry" he said quietly, locking his view onto the pavement beneath. His face looked down, like a puppy that had annoyed its master.

Kageyama took a glimpse at him. Dammit that's cute, he thought to himself. The upper sight gave him a solid view of his boyfriend's torso which was visible thanks to his unbuttoned shirt, pulled down by gravity. His pink cherries really doesn't help either. How is he able to be sexy and cute at the same time?

That's not fair.

He sighed. Kageyama reached for the puffy hair and pat him gently. "Fine" the captain said curtly as he hide his blush. Hinata turned his head towards him. His hand was warm. It felt nice being pet like that.

The atmosphere went calm. They continued their lunch before the middle blocker engaged him with a question. "Kageyama-kun, do you like bakery?" asked Hinata. Kageyama furrowed his brows at the odd question. "Kind of" he answered shortly.

Hinata's face light up. "Oh! Then, I know a café that have some delicious bakeries!" he switched the mood. "They have the.. uh.. moon-shaped bread thingy, and it tastes amazing! And their cinnamon rolls are the best!"

You're already a cinnamon roll yourself, idiot! Kageyama thought. Hinata wanted it, however. Going out with his partner at least once or twice. "Are you asking me on a date?" asked Kageyama to make sure. "Kind of" Hinata gave back his answer.

A date, huh? Of course. Why not? They're dating, after all. "Sure" the raven agreed. "Is Saturday fine?" he asked. "Of course!" Hinata answered cheerfully.

And so it settled; very simply. Their date, their first date. At a café that is one train ride away from school. Hinata chuckled at the thought of it. Kageyama can't help but to notice. The guy was so pure and innocent! Oh God. This is too much. "Kageyama, are you blushing?" Hinata asked. "No!" the raven lied. At least there was no one around to see him at this state.

Well, not quite. There were two boys peeping at them from a far; slightly behind the bushes. "See, they are dating" Shouhei whispered "Could we go now? It's like we're stalking them"

"It's research, Shou! For the newlydates! Don't be such a tsun-bug" Kyouhei teased. The libero curled his lips. "Call me that again and I'll shove my feet down your throat" he threatened. The wing spiker smirked. "Kinky"