After Plan B

A/N: I'm back! ♡
Sorry it took me so long to return to this story ( ̄♢ ̄;)
But school is pretty much over now so here's an apology gift..
Another Yama fanart! This time it's the lineart, since some of you seem to love him so much (But can I really blame you?)
Creds to the artist, as usual.
Now let's roll~

Fire sparked from miles away as it can be heard from where they stood. Their patterns decorated the skies, like paints on a dark paper.

"Ah.." Kageyama muttered. "We missed the show.." he said. It was as if the colours have distracted him from the moment, taking him seconds to realize the situation on its whole; where his hands were, how his expression looked, and the warm sensation that was left on his lips.

He did it.

He kissed his crush. The crush he had for so long, the person he admired for years. This is not a dream and he knows it. If it was, he would have been awaken by the taste of his soft lips.

Still, his shock was nothing compares to Hinata's. Never has it crossed in his simple mind that something like this would happen, ever. Not that he disliked it, of course.

"So are we dating now?" He asked the raven. His cheeks tinted in a shade of red as he gave him the look of a confused little pup. He brought his shoulder down, seemingly decreasing his height by a few inches.

Somehow, it reflected the image he had on his first year; his cute, tiny self. Of course, he's in no way less adorable now. Though a taste of the past is always a good thing to some, at least that's what they say.

Kageyama tried to loosen his back a little. "I suppose so" he said as he tried to act calm, despite having his beats going insanely loud. "But I don't want to force you into this"

Sure, his mind screams that he loves the guy and it will tear his heart apart if he rejects him. Nevertheless, it's not his decision to say yes or no.

"I don't know much about relationship" Hinata broke the silence. "But being around you, it feels really nice. When you talk to me, Kageyama-kun, it feels like the whole zoo is in my stomach! It's all blublu and kyaah! I think" he paused for a brief second, before giving him a sugar smile.

"I love you too, perhaps" He said.

There was warmth in his voice. Between the questionable vocabularies and words of choice. Not many people can feel it, which isn't a surprise knowing Hinata's way of speak. But hearing him say the word 'love' made the raven happy, more than happy in fact. Love is such a powerful word when you think about it.

They told goodbyes soon after, trying to avoid the awkward situation that was destine to come between the two boys.

Hinata gently closed the door as the hinges made a thudding sound. Though right before the handle clicked, he stopped, or rather, was stopped. He saw Kageyama stood at his yard, looking at him with his pale-blue eyes which reflected the lights outside.

His grumpy face showed a bright expression somehow, as his lips stretched into a smile. "Good night, my little sunshine" said the raven in his most romantic attempt.

Hinata stunned. Did Kageyama just gave him a nickname? Wow. He sneered at thought of it. "Cheesy" he said playfully. "And I'm not little anymore" the middle blocker continued. "The whole team still calls you chibi, you know that right?" the captain replied and made his boyfriend chuckled. He came to accept his nickname along ago, unlike a certain blond. But we're not going to discuss him now. "Good night Kageyama-kun" said Hinata as he smiled.

The door was closed.

Hinata stood behind the entrance as he recollected everything that just happened. He, Hinata Shouyou, the middle blocker of Karasuno, the not-so-little giant, is now dating his best friend. The best friend he thought he would lose, the one he cried for a few hours ago, is now his lover. Odd, wasn't it? Then again, odd isn't always bad.

As he turned around, his thoughts were interrupted by a female figure standing at the hallway. She smiled warmly at him with a sinister aura hidden behind. At this point he realized something; his mom, she heard all of it. All of it.

"So Tobio has a crush on you? Who would have known" she curled her lips into a smirk. "He seems like a good in-law, however"

"Mom!"