Nothing but Fate

The sun almost set as the the third years walks home after their practice. Everything was rather quite for them, which is great, considering they just had a rough day at the court. Everyone knows that a little bit of silence is nice every now and then. But of course, Karasuno just doesn't seems to grasp the idea of it.

"FWAAAHH!! I'm sooo hungry~!" Hinata suddenly cheered, a habit he learns trough out the years.

Behind him was a tall blond known as the genius of the team. He looked at the ex-shrimp with a smirk. "It's amazing how much food you consume, daily, and yet none of those nutrients takes part of increasing your IQ" he mocked.

Hinata paused and turned his head around. Though he wasn't surprised. This man has been his teammate for almost three years now so he knows how to handle him; with a nickname. "As smart as ever huh, Tsukki?" He said, pushing the tone of the last word in his sentence. Tsukishima frowned. "Don't call me that" His voice turned aggressive. Satisfied by the blond's reaction, Hinata grinned. Yes, he may not be as smart as Tsukishima, but even a fly knows how piss off a human.

Yamaguchi sighed from the sight of the two. Well, there goes the silence. "Don't fight you guys.. Maybe we should go grab something. Does meat buns sounds good?" He asked, trying to fix the tension between the two boys. Hinata cheered again, "Ooh! That sounds great! What do you think Kageyama-kun?" He turned his head to the the raven who's walking next to him.

Kageyama didn't answer.

Instead, he muttered some stuff under his breath. Something about a.. special occasion? Hinata couldn't hear most of it but it must be important, so he decided not to interrupt.

The captain has been acting really strange ever since this morning. He seems a bit... off. Is it because of him? No.. that's impossible. If Hinata did do something wrong, Kageyama would've told, or rather, yelled at him like he always does. Weird.

"I take that as a yes then. What about you, Tsukki?" Hinata asked, unaware that he still used the forbidden nickname. The blond was pissed but agreed anyway. There's no point of arguing with him when it comes to food. Hinata puts on a large smile,

"Then let's go!!"

***

Ten minutes later..

"Mewts buns awr so noise!" (Meat buns are so nice!) Hinata said to himself as he sit in front of the store, chewing the food in his mouth.

Tsukishima clicked his tongue. "Don't talk while you're eating, idiot" he scolded. Why does his teammate got to be so stupid? He could've choke himself. Not that he cares, of course.

Hinata ignored the blond's warning. He kept on chewing his food like a hungry toddler. In his hand was a bag full of meat buns. They are five of them, besides the one that he's eating right now. He doesn't even know how much money he spent. After all, it's his favorite food, so his actions are justified.

Tsukishima went back inside, waiting for Yamaguchi to pay for his stuff. The middle blocker soon noticed that his captain was sitting next to him. His lips were still mumbling and his eyes looked blank. Certainly, his mind was not there. Hinata wondered, what is he thinking about? What is the one thing that Kageyama would care so much, besides volleyball?

The answer; Hinata Shouyou. But of course, he doesn't know that.

Hinata sighed. There's nothing he can do about it. He continued to chew his food as he moved his body from side to side like a little child. They sure takes long... he thought. Suddenly, he felt something brushed againts his legs. Hinata looked down.

It was a flyer.

"Huh?" He tilted his head. The middle blocker bended down and reached for the red coloured paper. "Summer festival..." He mumbled as he read the text on it.

Hinata frowned a little. It's summer already? Time sure is a cruel thing. Anyhow, a festival does sound nice, maybe he should go. Although it'd be weird for a high schooler to go there alone.

"Hey, Kageyama-kun!" Hinata called for the captain but he didn't respond. Ugh.. stupid Kageyama. "Oii!" He shook his shoulder, "KAGEYAMA-KUN!!"

Kageyama startled. "H-HINATA DUMBASS!! I almost spit my heart out!!" He shouted. "Yeah sure, whatever. Anyway, look look!" Hinata said as he eagerly passed the flyer to the raven.

Kageyama snatched the paper. He looked at it and squinted his eyes. I really need a new pair of glasses... he thought to himself. After a while, the blury text began to look clear. At least clear enough for Kageyama to read it. A summer festival? He clicked his tongue. Why in the world would he go to a festival? It's so pointless for him to go there. Besides, he still needs to think of a way to confess to--

Wait a minute...

That's it! That's a perfect idea! This is nothing but fate and he'd be happy to follow it. "Summer festival sounds fun. We should go there together" he said to the boy next to him. Hinata immideatly smiled. "Really? You'd really go?" He asked with sparkling eyes. Kageyama nodded.

"Alright!! That's so awesome!" He quickly rose and looked at the raven with a large grin before he dashed into the store, wanting to tell his teammates about their plan. Hinata was so overjoyed, he didn't realized that his captain has turned into a blushing mess. The cheers and the hype in his eyes; a smile so bright, it made his feelings grew even more.

A/N: I know the plot is a bit cliche but I have a plan for it.. *smirk*
Anyhow, thanks for reading this chapter. I hope you'd stay for the next one too! See ya ♡