His Simple Heart

A/N: I ran out of fanarts (;へ ;  )
Again, creds to artists because they're so damn talented.

Kageyama walked along the dark streets of Yukigaoka. For every ten steps he made, he stopped and looked around. His eyes searched for the house he always visits.

As he made his way, he reflect on the event that happened before. After the incident, Kageyama returned into the  the festival. His expression was surly, more than usual that is.

He can't believe how much he messed up. Even though frankly, it wasn't his fault. No one is crazy enough to predict such thing. Hinata is a naive person. So naive in fact, he doesn't seem to understand the concept of a confession.

But forget about confessions. He wonder if their relationship would ever heal, with such a short time until graduation as well.

A pat on the back caught his mind. The raven looked over his shoulder and saw the greyhead standing behind him. "For Heaven sake, where have you been? More importantly, where's Hinata?" He asked. "He uh.." Kageyama tried to lie. "Went home.."

Suga raised an eyebrow. He knows Hinata, the oh-so-cheerful, wouldn't leave an occasion this early on. Especially if said occasion has more than one activities in it. And even if he did so, he would never do it by his own will. Something was definitely off.

"He did?" He asked again, pushing his tone a bit. Kageyama gulped. The look in his eyes always manage to make him shiver. He felt sweat drops trailing over his skin.

"Kageyama?" He asked for the third time. "Alright alright!" The raven shouted. "I'll come clean.."

Kageyama told his senior the story; the whole story. Starting from the day of the plan, until the day it came to be. It was an embarrassing one, even though somehow, it didn't feel as awkward as he thought it would.

Nonetheless, he still thought Suga would've been mad at him, yell at him, anything. Though his expression didn't show any sign of anger. Instead, his lips stretched into a smile. "You really haven't change at all" He chuckled. The raven should be playing the role of a king, yet there is a fine line between a tyrant and a child.

Kageyama frowned. "Shut up, this isn't funny" his reply was curt. There's nothing laughable about his situation, not to him. But his childish response only supported Suga's view, even though it was somewhat tolerable. "Sorry, sorry" he apologized.

"It's just that, I can't believe you actually went through all of that. Because let's face it. Kageyama, you're a simpleton" said the older boy. His words sounded like a mock but his expression suggested otherwise. "You overthink it, which led you to think less of it"

The raven tilted his head, "What?"

"What I mean is, you should have kept it simple. Perhaps take him for a coffee or two and tell him how you feel. It would be just as romantic, I bet" Suga suggested. "Think about it. Your biggest fear is running out of time. And yet, you spent days planning on the unnecessary things when you could have said it out loud"

He... got a point. Actually, he got all of the points. How many times has he worried on something so much that he eventually failed? It was the same case as his junior high team. He was so worried they would messed up, he messed it up himself. He was so worried about a great confession, he didn't even make a confession.

Suga asked again, "you do understand what I mean, right?" Kageyama nodded and looked down. Yes, he understands it, he really does. But that doesn't matter now. The fact is, he has hurt Hinata. He scared him. He made him cry. All of which, he could have avoided. If only he wasn't such a coward. It's too late now. His biggest has fear came true; he ran out of time.

...

Did he really?

Of course he didn't. His story will not end there. He will not allow it.

Back to reality. Kageyama was standing in front of the black fences, he gathered all of the confidence he had lost before. He's been inside the white painted house for so many times. It was a common place for him, and even a more common one for Hinata, as expected from his home. Nothing special about it. Nothing romantic nor unusual, because it wasn't about an epic confession anymore.

It was about his simple, little heart.