Leading to This

The day has come.

People are walking down the street with smiles on their faces. Stands were build and foods were unload. The scent of flame powder can be smelled from miles away as the workers prepared the fireworks.

It was the day of the festival.

Kageyama arrived just a tad late and the place was already filled with people. They're bumping onto his body, all sweaty and stinky. The raven clicked his tongue. He swore, if someone tear his Setter Soul shirt, he's going to beat the ever living hell of them.

Really, no matter how much he changed, crowds will always annoys him one way or another.

Right when he was about to lose his temper, Kageyama saw a fluff of orange hair, poking over the mass. Oh, who could that be.

He went closer to him, crashing the currents of people. As he walked closer, a familiar voice can be heard from a few feets away. Three of them, in fact.

"College is though, but we manage to get a grip" said a deep voice. "I think.." a softer one continued. "Oh! Negative goatee!" Said a higher one.

For a second there, the world seemed to stop. It doesn't take a genius to know which voice was whose. The old generation were there. It was like a reunion of some sort. But considering the circumstances, the raven doesn't really know if he should be happy or not.

Kageyama raised his hand, signalling the shorter boy. "Ah, Kageyama!" Hinata called. The raven approached him, observing his crush's attire; a black shirt with numbers written on it. It's his favorite shirt if he's not mistaken. It was a silly one, but it fits him perfectly, giving him a sexy vibe somehow. And it matched his earings too.

"Ah, the new captain!" Daichi greeted. Kageyama smiled at his senior. He did miss that fatherly aura of him. "It's been a long time, Daichi-san" he said an bowed a little.

They chatted for a while before continuing their walk. The three tried to ask a few things from the captain and, although he does answered their questions, his mind wasn't all there. It was flying around somewhere, as he watched the middle blocker walked in front of him, dripping in erotic sweats.

***

Somehow, the five splits up after an hour of checking the stands. Hinata is surprisingly good at playing darts which frightened Asahi by a lot. The foods were great too, which is why they ran out of money soon. Though it's not all bad. At least now it's easier to guide the middle blocker into a quiet place. Faintly, of course.

They walked for a while before finding a great spot near a cliff. It was far from the crowds, with dimmed light and dense trees surrounding it. The atmosphere was sort of romantic, somehow.

Hinata quickly leaned his body onto the fences. His lips smiled as he pointed at a group of mens down the place. "They're setting the fireworks!" He cheered like a child.

Hinata loves fireworks. His parents used to watched it with him and Natsu back in the days. They're so bright and colourful, almost like a paint in the sky. A shining, exploding paint. A cheerful thunder to lighten the dark.

The captain noticed the admiration in Hinata's eyes. He's so cute sometimes. No one was there either. Everyone was too distracted by the heat of the festival. He glanced over the sky. It was full of stars, reminding him of the night before they fought Shiratorizawa.

This is it, he thought. This is the moment he's been waiting for. The romantic and unusual moment. All these days, being awkward towards his own partner. It has led to this. His throat felt dry and yet he ignored it. He will not give up right now.

Kageyama gulped. "Hinata" He called. Hinata turned his head and tilted. His heart beats faster than ever and, little did he know, so as Hinata's.

"I have something to tell you" he said

"For the last two years, you've been one of my closest friend. I don't know how it happened. You're childish, dumb, and hyperactive. Though I like those traits if yours. Everything about you pulled me in. I wanted to watch you be happy, to watch you find someone you'd love, to watch you marry the person of your dream. I wanted to be your best friend; your best man. But,"

Kageyama paused. He can feel his heart beats louder as time seems to went slow. "But I changed my mind. I don't want to be your friend anymore, and it's not because I hate you" He took a deep breath. "Hinata,"

"I'M SO SORRY KAGEYAMA!!"

...

Huh?

"I know I can be annoying sometimes but I'll change! I'll stop bothering you, promise! I.." Hinata looked down. What is he talking about?

"I.. Just.. please don't ditch me.." Ditch?! Where did that came from? "You even bothered to hide it for so long.. and you asked the first years about it too. Did you find a better friend? Is that it?"

Kageyama stunned. Hinata thinks he's going to cut him off from being his friend? That's the stupidest thing he has ever heard! "If so then, they can hang with us too" Hinata kept on talking. "And you don't have to toss to me anymore" he won't stop talking. "I'll buy you milk everyday!" Just shut up. "I can-"

*slaps*

A burning pain hit his face. "LISTEN TO ME DUMBASS!" Kageyama shouted. What a stupid guy! How could he have such a childish thought. Ditch? What is he, five? In all honesty, he'd love to go and beat him right now. The only thing that stopped him, was the tears, streaming from Hinata's eyes.

"I'm.. sorry..." he hic between his sobs. Guilt filled the raven's heart. His stomach dropped and his heart throbbed. He let his anger on him. Behind his smiles and laughs, Hinata is a soft person. Only at times like these that Kageyama realize that.

He wanted to wipe his tears, to tell him he's sorry. He didn't meant for this to happen. He reached out his hands. His red cheeks were only a few inches away. If he could just...

Hinata shook him off. His body was trembling, his face feels wet, his tears goes against his will. He can't let anyone sees him like this.

So he ran away. He didn't even bother to listen, he just ran. His feelings were hurt. It's not like it was the first time Kageyama has ever slapped him. They have been through many fist fights before. But this one, it was different. The thought of not being able to talk to the raven tore his heart. He doesn't know why, it just does.

Kageyama only stood there in shock. No, this is not what he wanted. He did everything he should. He brought him to a nice place, he did something unusual, he told him everything he likes about the boy. Did he forgot something? How did it end up like this?

A/N: My update schedule is almost as messy as my life (・_・ )
Forgive me, my child.
See you (not so) soon~