Chapter.1.Groan.<3

Start from the beginning

My entire body freezes at that name. Yes of course I know who that is. She knows, she's only toying with me, "Yes." I hesitantly reply. I have had a crush on that boy since he asked me to the dance in eighth grade, but nothing ever occurred from it. Especially since I saw him making out with Missy Bradford that next Monday. It was then I realized how it felt to be 'friend-zoned', I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Charlie and I remained friends and even then we barely speak since he and Missy have been together for 3 years. She ensures the slightest amount of contact, but prefers none at all.

"Yeah I know I just like to freak you out." I growl while flipping off the water, and not two seconds later my towel lands on top of the shower door. I take it without question and dry myself off, ensuring that the fluffy black towel doesn't get drenched in the remaining water that hasn't reached the drain yet. "You know Lucas Friar?" I freeze again.

No.

No.

NO.

"Why on earth would you ask me that question?"

I throw the shower door open and almost hit her with it, key word almost. A girl can try. That name, that name was forbidden to escape our mouths once he left our freshman year. "There's a small tweet going around." I furrow my brows and grab her phone out of her hands, "EASY! HANDS ARE WET!" Her icy blue eyes glare at me, if looks could kill I'd be 6 feet under. "Hashtag welcome back Friar." My eyes go wide with fear, this can't be good. Okay let me rephrase that, it won't be good. At this point I'm sure you're wondering why she asked me about Charlie, then asked me about Lucas. They're cousins, one makes me smile, the other makes me snarl. I'm sure you can figure out which is which.

Lucas Friar, prankster. Let me rephrase that, he pranked me... only me... a lot. And I don't really know why, nor do I care. The pranks were harmless, but that didn't make them any less humiliating. Though he just did them for a small laugh. Gluing me to my chair, changing my locker combination, invisible ink in pens, that was the least of it, but that just gives you something to picture. "WHAT?!"

"He comes back tomorrow it seems from the comments." I scrunch my nose up in disdain and stomp my foot. "Easy there Riles, you're getting all riled up." I glare at her 'pun' that she overuses, and when I say overuses. I mean once a day. "Relax! You're a different person now, he'll probably find someone new to pick on."

Fingers crossed. "You think?" I nervously bite my nails and move towards my mirror. "I mean maybe you're right."

"I know I am and this time I'll get Josh to kick his ass."

I roll my eyes, "You're serious? My prankster uncle was laughing beside him more often than not!" The answer is yes, Josh my uncle is the same age as us and is dating my best friend. Do I find it weird? Yes. Do I have a say in the matter? No. So to sum up it doesn't matter what I say or think. And you did read that write, Josh is my uncle and is the same age as us. He's my dad's brother and my grandparents had another baby when my parents were in like their senior year of college.

"Auggie?" The blonde suggests while touching up her curls.

"My brother who is 7 years younger than me? Yeah let me just go get an 11 year old to pummel an 18 year old boy who has looked like a man since 7th grade."

I continue to mule on the idea of Lucas Friar being back in town while I blow dry my hair. I'll just stay invisible, no big thing chicken wing. I can't help but snicker at my rhyme which earns me a weird look from my best friend. I shake it off and continue my manual labor. At least today will be a great day, no worries in the world, he isn't coming back tomorrow. During 8th grade and freshman year Charlie would try to help protect me from his cousins cruelty, but between Missy nagging him and Lucas being well... Lucas. There wasn't much to be done, so I can't expect much now either. Not that I'd ask him to do that, I've always considered myself a very independent woman and pride myself on being one.