More raised voices soon shut us up as we eaves dropped. Footsteps were heard again and this time his nan was pushed through the door by a police officer. "Stay!" he said pointing at her.

"Fucking you, I ain't no dog, sit yourself!" she said.

"Carry on and I will arrest you."

"Kiss my arse!" she said lifting her skirt to flash it at him. My mum dove in the way blocking the view.

"Bonnie, sit down," she said trying to appease things.

"Have you ever thought that instead of locking us all in one bedroom of a house 'I' own, that you should get her the fuck out of 'MY' house!" Bonnie yelled. "You are all trespassing. Get out and take her with you. Come back with a warrant and an army!"

He just closed the door as my mum pulled her over to the bed to sit down.

"She slapped Dean so I slapped her. Fair is fair!" she said.

I was out of the bed and flying down those stairs before she could utter another word.

"You hit him!" I yelled as a police officer caught me. I kicked my legs around as he hauled me up in the air, furiously trying to kick her. "I will kick your face in!"

"Careful she is pregnant," Dean said coming over to pull me from the officers arms. A red impression on his cheek where she hit him.

"You cow!" I yelled at her bursting into tears. "You hurt him! Just look at his face," I was absolutely heartbroken to see him like that. "How could you?" I asked shaking my head at her as she was taken out of the room by an officer. I noticed there were four officers now so they must have called for back up. "I'm want an injunction against her," I said pointing at her.

"Annie please, come away," Dean said trying to move me into another room. "Think about the baby."

"You think about the baby! What the hell is she still doing here?"

"She is leaving. Please just back to bed."

"No!"

"Will you please go upstairs before she changes her mind about pressing charges for criminal damage and has you arrested."

"I'd rather be arrested. Here take me in," I said moving out of his arms and holding my hands out to the officer. Dean secured his arms around me and pulled me away.

"She's gone," one of the officer said popping his head in the door way.

"See, go back to bed," Dean said trying to move me again.

"No thank you, I'll take a seat here and wait for the next round. I mean there is still three hours till midnight! Surely she is just getting started," I walked into the lounge and sat on the sofa as Dean showed the police men out.

"Thank god we have no neighbours yet," Dean joked as he returned.

I wasn't in the mood for humour.

"Oiii Karate Kid one and two get down here!" Dean called up the stairs.

"Oh are we allowed to come down stairs now?" his nan sniped at the top of the stairs.

"Yes!" he called back.

"Well fuck you very much," she said making me giggle... so much for humour abstinence.

"Can you come in please and take a seat?" he asked.

"No I am making your baby's mother something to eat and drink she has had nothing since breakfast and she threw that up. She's been through enough. So much for a welcome to your new home. You've mothers come along and took a shit in it!"

I was close to crying again as I felt like she had ruined our first night and I hated her for it.

"Come here sweetie," my mum said giving me a cuddle.

"I just want to go home with you," I whispered.

"No!" Dean protested.

"Oh so it's ok for you to go home with your mother but not for me to go home with mine?" I yelled.

"Neither of us are going home with our parents we are staying here, together."

"Together! Oh don't make me laugh, the last time you said 'together' you were telling your mother we were together only to go back to her like a little bitch."

"Oii watch your mouth," my mum called over me. "Stop letting her get between you. If you want to come back for the night you can but Dean comes too. It's a package deal with expected delivery in four months," she said nodding to my belly.

"He is pussy whipped!"

"Yeah but you don't need to start off where she finished. This is not you. You don't behave like this. Don't let her change you and ruin it," she said stroking my hair.

"I'm tired and I feel terrible," I said getting teary again."I don't even know what to do anymore, it all just keeps going wrong."

"You are tired and hungry, the baby wants food. Banana on toast and a huge cup of tea should do the trick," she said getting up to go make it with Dean's nan.

Dean knelt in front of me. "If you want to go to your mum's, go, I won't stop you," he said quietly.

"I just need to ground myself somewhere to find my feet. I don't know what's happening to my life but I don't like it. I don't want to have to fight for you. You are either with us or you're not. We don't have to be together for you to be this baby's father. You will always be that. No one can take that away from you but this chaos can take our baby away from us both forever, and I can't risk that. I won't risk it. As much as want you, I want him more," I said looking down at my hand placed protectively over my stomach.

Dean stood and left the room.

"Mum it's time to go," I called.

She came in and took one look at me before rummaging in my hand bag for my car keys. "Bonnie we will fetch something on the way. Keep an eye on him."

As I stood I fought the nausea, the feeling of sick rising in my throat and headed out to my car as my mother backed it out of the garage.

"Annie," Dean called as I approached the car. I looked over my shoulder. Nothing was said. Just a shared defeated look as we walked away from each other for the sake of our child.