Chapter Six

Phil's Pov-

We went back to Dan's house after Cat threw her drink at me. The nerve of that girl. How dare she do that. How dare she threaten Dan. Dan was my friend. Dan slams his car keys on the table and walks in still angry. Dan's parents were cooking lunch in the kitchen and they heard us come in. "Boys?", Mrs.Howell calls. I follow Dan into the kitchen. His parents gasp when they see me. I stand still and watch Dan. Dan was now sitting in a chair with his head down on the table. "Daniel what happened? And where's Cat?", Dan's dad asks.

 Dan sits up and points at me "Phil and I went to Starbucks with.. Cat and she was all rude and she dumped her drink on Phil. Dan's mom gasps and runs over to me "Sweetie im sorry.", she says pulling me into a hug. I smiled. My own mother wouldn't dare hug me if I was dirty. She'd make a face and walk off. But Mrs. Howell hugged me. "Dan show Phil where the bathroom is", she says.

"Thanks Mrs. Howell for being so kind to me. And you too Mr.Howell.", I say politely. "Call us Beth and Steve", she says smiling. I nod. Dan leads me upstairs and points to the bathroom. "There's towels in the cupboard in the bathroom Phil", Dan says. "Okay", I say closing the door behind me. 

***

I finished my shower and put a towel around my waist. I realize I forgot my clothes in Dan's room. "No", I say closing my eyes. I sigh and open the door and tiptoe to the bedroom hoping no one sees me. I drop my towel and put on boxers. I go to closet to take out my suitcase with my clothes in it. I find sweatpants and a shirt with lions on it. I was about to put it on when Dan walks in.

"Hey wha-", Dan says before cutting himself off. He puts his hand on his head and says "Shit I didn't mean to-". "It's fine", I say say cutting in. I feel myself turning red. How awkward! Dan blushes and turns around towards the door but before he does he asks "Wanna play Mario Kart later?". I nod "Of course I would". Dan nods and leaves.

I let out a breath of air and fall backwards on Dan's bed and groan. "Why am I so stupid. I could've locked the door.", I say to myself. I put on the clothes on go downstairs to find Dan. I find his parents on the couch watching TV. I smile at Steve's arm around Beth. I leave them alone and turn around and walk into a different room. Suddenly I feel warm hands cover my eyes. I squeal in fear. I turn around quickly to face a laughing Dan. I frown at him. He stops laughing. "Sorry", he says. "Wanna play video games now", Dan asks. I nod and follow him to his game room. We sit on two beanbags and he hands me a controller. 

***

After dinner Dan's parents made us sit in the living room with them to watch TV. His parents sat on one couch and Dan and I sat on another couch. "OHHHHH LETS WATCH DOCTOR WHO", Beth says jumping around on the couch. Steve beams at her and he turns it on. Dan lays on the couch and watches the screen. I smile at the episode because it was my favorite one. Before I know it we are having a marathon of episodes.

Soon Dan taps my shoulder and asks me if I wanna go upstairs. I nod at him and we go to his room. We lay on his bed with his laptop and watch videos on YouTube. I feel my eyes going heavier and then I fall asleep.

Author's Note:

UGHHHHHHHHHHH MY BRAIN WENT DEAD AT THE END AND I COULDNT END THIS CHAPTER BETTER, SORRY ;(