Chapter Five

Dan's Pov-

It's been three weeks since Phil and I have became friends and I have enjoyed every second of it. I think I understand what Zoe and my Mum meant by me meeting a new friend. The thing is I never had a friend like Phil. I dont know why but sometimes he felt more like.. ugh a "boyfriend" then a friend. He has nightmares sometimes and I have to stay in his bed with him. I always end up whispering nice things in his ears and then I plant a kiss on his forehead and then fall asleep. I know I have not ever experienced friendship but I knew most friends didn't kiss. I think.

Sadly we only have a week of camp left. I have to admit I liked this camp. Phil and I have made a small group of friends including- Troye, Tyler, Pj and Chris. We all hung out during camp activities but I preferred to hang out alone with Phil. I felt nervous around a lot of people but I felt more comfortable around Phil.

***

It's the last night of camp and we were all outside roasting marshmallows on sticks. I sat on a log with Phil next to me. I was really tired so I leaned my head on Phil's shoulder. "Im gonna miss this place", Phil says. I nod "Same". I felt my voice crack. I think Phil heard too because he pulls me into a hug. "We can still talk over the phone and text and face time. Also you live one city over from me so we can occasionally meet up", Phil says softly. I feel my eyes fill with tears threatening to spill. I look up at Phil who looks like he is fighting back tears to. I lean in to kiss him but then Zoe pops out of no where. 

"Im gonna miss you guys", she says throwing herself at Phil and I. I smile at her. She was so adorable and funny. "You have to visit me in America one day. My boyfriend Alfie would love to meet you guys.", Zoe says smiling. Zoe kisses our cheeks and runs off to her friend Louise who we loved as well. PJ and Chris come up to us after to say there goodbyes. Lucky for them they lived in the same city. Tyler and Troye were crying when they hugged us. We have all gotten so close.

***

Phil's Pov-

It was 9am and our parents were supposed to pick us up. I said goodbye to all my friends and I was waiting outside. Dan sat next to me waiting for his parents as well. My phone goes off and I receive a text from parents. "Oh god", I say. "What", Dan says. I roll my eyes "My parents texted me saying they cant get me right now, cause they are in America for work.", I say. Dan's eyes widen "Where will you stay", he asks. I shrug. Dan puts his hand on my knee. "I'll ask my parents if you can sleep over", Dan says. I grin "Really?", I say smiling hard. He nods smiling too. I throw my arms around his neck and hug him "Thanks Danny". He rolls his eyes at my nickname. We hear a car honk and Dan grabs my hand and pulls me towards his parents car. "Hey mum, hey dad", he says hugging them. 

I stand awkwardly to the side until Mrs. Howell says "Whose this young man", with a smile on her face. Dan slings a arm around my shoulder "This is my new friend Phil. Phil Lester.". Dan's parents both smile really big and look at each other.

***

The drive to Dan's house was quite lovely. Dan's parents were so kind and sweet. They seemed more accepting then my own parents. I wish all parents were like the Howell's. We pull up to a medium sized house and we step out. Dan takes my bags for me. I shake my head at him "I got it". His parents unlock the house and we step in. His house looked so warm and comfortable. Unlike mine which screamed "Rich brat". Dan leads me to his bedroom. "You can put your bags over there", Dan says pointing to a area on the ground. I nod and place my stuff down. Then all of a sudden the doorbell rings. I look over at Dan who looks as confused as me.

We go downstairs and he opens the door. A girl with short brown hair grins really big and runs in and tackles Dan. "Hey babe", she says. My eyes widen. What is she on about? "Hi", Dan says kissing her. I stand there awkwardly. He has a girlfriend. "Cat this is Phil. Phil this is Cat", Dan says with a hint of awkwardness. Cat looks me up and down and gives me a smile "Hey Phil!", she says super cheery and kinda fake... I give her a smile. She turns back to Dan "Wanna go to Starbucks baby", she asks him. Dan look back at me. "Phil is coming with us if that's cool", Dan replies. "Ugh- th-thats f-fine", she stutters stunned. "I'll get our coats", Dan says to me. 

Dont leave me alone with her Dan.

When Dan is upstairs Cat looks at me. She narrows her eyes "Dan and I have been dating for two months love. He's mine. Just saying.", she says. I open my mouth to say something. "Shh", she says putting a finger up to my lip. I sigh. We wait awkwardly for Dan to join us. "Here ya go Philly", Dan says tossing my coat to me. "Thanks", I say barely audible. Dan cocks his head to the side "Are you alright Phil". I nod not looking at him. "Let's take my car", Dan says. Cat nods. 

We walk out of Dan's house towards his car. Dan opens the driver's seat and sits down. Cat narrows her eyes at me when Dan pats the seat next to him for me. "Phil told me back in camp he gets car sick. So he prefers the front", Dan explains to Cat. She closes the back door after her and sits behind Dan. She kept starring me down the whole car drive. I gulped nervously.

***

"I can pay if you guys want", I say trying to pull out my wallet. Dan pushes my hand down "My treat". I sigh "I pay next time". "Whatever you want cupcake", Dan says fake winking at me. We both start to laugh. Cat starts to laugh too, but it seems forced. "Dan tell me all about camp. Phil can you be a doll and order our drinks", she says batting her eyelashes. Dan opens his mouth to say something but Cat kisses him to shut up. I go order drinks and the person tells me I can sit and wait. I try to go back to the table but I hear Dan's voice sounding angry so I stay back and listen. 

"You can't make me", Dan shouts. "I dont give a fuck. I dont want that kid coming between us Dan", Cat shouts back. "He's my only friend Cat", Dan says softly. I swear I hear his voice crack. Cat seems to not care because she says "Too bad its me or him", Cat says evilly. "Make the right choice if you dont want me to ruin your life", Cat says her eyes narrowing.

I go back to the barista and get our drinks. I walk back to our table and sit next to Dan, across from Cat. "Here's yours Dan and yours Cat" I say putting them in front of them. Cat makes a face at her drink like I put spider juice in front of her. "What's wrong", Dan says with a hint of annoyance in his voice. "I asked for no cream", Cat says pushing her drink in front of her. "Im s-sor-sorry Cat", I say quickly getting up to fix her drink. Dan makes me sit "Let her get a new one herself. She can walk.", Dan says giving Cat a look. Cat looks mad but she gets up.

 I look at Dan who covers his face with his hands and takes a deep breath. "Im sorry for ruining you and Cat's date", I say looking down at my straw. Dan sits up quickly. "It's not you Phil. That girl drives me crazy.", Dan says. "Why are you with her then", I ask confused. "I have to, or she will ruin my life.", Dan says half scared. I dont ask why but I put my arm around him and hug him. Cat returns then and sees us hugging. She makes a face at me. "You bitch! I told you Dan's mine", she screams. And what she does next is unexpected. She gets her drink and throws it at me and storms out.

I start to cry. Not because of the drink but because I hated to get yelled at. Dan comforts me and tries to wipe my shirt. The owner of the store saw the whole thing and mumbles "Asshole". My jacket is all soaked and I take it off. Dan wipes the drink out of my hair and then kisses my cheek and whispers "Ignore Cat please". I nod and hiccup. I wipe my tears off of my face. I hated yelling. I was already used to.. my dad yell at me constantly. Dan hands me his jacket. "Let's go home now.", he says. I nod as we walk out Starbucks.

Author's Note-

Dammmmn drama!!

I hope you guys enjoyed this extra long chapter today!! (1620 words)

Please Vote, Comments and SHARE!!

Bye loves.

QOTD: Least fav color.

AOTD: Yellow