Chapter Eleven

Phil's Pov-

I was pacing in my room back and forth. I was waiting for Dan and his parents to come over for dinner. My dad made me text Dan yesterday to invite his family over for dinner. I was nervous my dad would be up to something. I hear the doorbell ring and I walk downstairs. I see Johnny on my way downstairs. He gives me a nod. He probably knew about the Howell's coming over.

***

Dan's Pov-

I was seated next to Phil at the dinner table. My mom sat across me and my dad sat next to her. Phil's dad -Mr. Lester sat at the head of the table and his wife sat on the opposite side. I tapped Phil's foot with mine. He gave me small smile and looked down at his plate. Three women enter the room with plates of food. They place food in front of all of us. "Thank you", Phil says softly. "Thanks", I say. I look up to see if Phil's parents would thank the servants but to my surprise Mr. Lester looked annoyed.

"Get the wine", he says. He does not even say please. Rude. The ladies bring him wine and then leave us to eat. For a couple of minutes we all ate in silence. Then Mrs. Lester spoke up. "So Daniel. How long have you known Phillip." I clear my throat "We met at the camp. We became friends after we became roommates." She nods. She turns to my parents "Im glad you guys could join us tonight". "Thanks so much for having us", my dad says. My mum nods in agreement.

"Well Howell's its a pleasure meeting you", Mr. Lester says. "Call us Beth and Steve please", my mum says. "Well Beth as you know im running for mayor in our city", Mr. Lester says. She nods "We live in another city so we couldnt vote.", she says. He nods "Oh", he simply says. 

***

We were in the living room later watching the news and chatting. I sat on the floor with Phil. We were listening to songs on his iPod. "Honey turn it up", Mr. Lester says. His wife turns up the TV. On the TV was a man with a microphone. 

Yes we are in Orlando. And we are at the scene of one of the biggest mass shooting in America. A couple of hours ago this gay night club was attacked by a crazy gunman.

Mr. Lester scuffs. "Muslims again", he says. I look at my dad whose my mouth drops open. "Well you can't really blame a attack on a group of people. The correct term would be terrorist.", he says. Mr.Lester looks like my dad slapped him. "Right..At least they shot up a gay club.", he says laughing. "Woah okay. That is not nice.", my mum says. "Yeah but all fags deserve to die in hell", Mr.Lester says. I clear my throat "Excuse me but I disagree", I say. 

I feel everyone in the rooms eyes watching me. I continue "Gays should be respected like Straight people are." Mrs. Lester laughs "Honey dont be stupid. Gays are sinful." "Don't call my son stupid", my mum says upset. "He was brought up wrong", Mr. Lester says. My dad stands up "Ugh no he wasn't. We taught him how to respect people, no matter their race, sex, or sexuality and religion." I look over at Phil who looks like he is about to cry. Did he have to live with these cruel people everyday.

"Phillip", his dad says "What do you think of this". Phil looks down. "I agree with Dan's dad. You shouldn't judge people.", he says quietly. His dad sends him a dark look and I swear I saw Phil flinch. I move closer to him. "I think I know why our Phillip is acting idiotic", Mrs. Lester says. Mr. Lester turns to her "Why", he asks. "Because he is around sinful people", she says sending me a look. "Woah dont be blaming this on my son", my mum says. "Phil is a smart boy for having ignorant parents like you guys", she says. Mrs. Lester's mouth drops open. "Don't you insult me". Our parents go back and forth fighting.

I look at Phil who is curled into a little ball watching with a scared expression. That's when I get upset. No one could upset Phil. And I mean no one. I stand up. "Why are you guys fighting about this right now. Seriously this evening could have been nice and peaceful and we could have become close family friends. But no you guys act awful. Look at Phil. He is terrified of all of you. This is why im afraid to come out as bisexual.", I yell. Immediately everyone goes silent. I close my eyes. I didn't mean to say the last part. I run out of the room upstairs to Phil's room.

I slam his door closed and I sit on the edge of his bed. I hated watching people argue. And I especially hated seeing Phil look so upset. I also realize I admitted I was bisexual in front of everyone. In front of Phil. I hear footsteps coming up the stair. Phil and my mum open the door. My mum gives me a smile "Your dads in the car. Dan im so proud of you. Im so proud you stuck up for what is right.", she says. I nod and hug her. She kisses my head. "Dan. How long did you know you were bisexual.", she asks. I look over to Phil who was fixing his bed. "For a while.", I say. She smiles and leaves the room.

"I'm so sorry for this evening Phil. I shouldn't have yelled at your parents.", I say. Phil turns around and pulls me into a hug."Thanks so much. I have no courage talking back to my dad, but after tonight I realize I have to have courage to stand up for whats right. Just like you Dan. You are my hero", he says. He kisses my cheek and turns bright red after. I awkwardly laugh. "I have to go to my parents now. Good luck Phil.", I say. "Bye", he says.

Mr. Lester's Pov-

Un-fucking-believable. My son is friends with a gay whose parents who support him. Disgusting. I go up the stairs to see if that boy left my house. I walk by Phillips room. I stop in my tracks when I see what was happening. I quickly move onto the side so I can watch them. 

"I'm so sorry for this evening Phil. I shouldn't have yelled at your parents.", Dan says. Phil turns around and pulls him into a hug."Thanks so much. I have no courage talking back to my dad, but after tonight I realize I have to have courage to stand up for whats right. Just like you Dan. You are my hero", Phil says. And to my horror he kisses Dan's cheek. I scuff in disgust and walk back downstairs.

I had to keep a eye on that Daniel boy....

Author's Note-

UGHHHHH OMG. OKAY SO THIS CHAPTER WAS WRITTEN AROUND THE TIME OF THE ORLANDO SHOOTING. I HAD TO REWRITE SOME OF IT TOO THAT'S WHY I DIDNT POST FOR LIKE 4 DAYS. SORRY. IF ANY OF YOU WATCH GREG OR ONISION SPEAKS, YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN THE VIDEO HE DID TALKING ABOUT THE "#IMPROUDTOBE" VIDEO. I BASED PHIL'S DAD ON SOME OF THE IGNORANT COMMENTS. IM SO ASHAMED THAT PEOPLE ARE STILL RUDE TO GAYS AND MUSLIMS..

oh sorry for the caps.. lol

So I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Please leave a comment, like and a vote please.

PS THANKS FOR 200 READS!!