s e v e n t e e n

Începe de la început

"That's why you should be down on your knees right now, you ugly monkey," she retorts, seemingly pleased with her comeback.

And all of a sudden she is drenched in water and dripping wet. Of course she does the only thing an animal like her would know how to do: scream a discordant scream that is sharp enough to tear the fabric of space and time apart. "Wow, I really thought that you would be melting on the spot now," says Riley with a genuinely confused look on her face.

The whole class roars with laughter, pulling out their phones to snap a picture of the already humiliated Missy Bradford.

I turn around and see even Lucas trying to stifle his laughter, pressing his lips together to compress the smile that's already forming on his lips.

"Oh my God, my Armani shirt! You ruined it! This cost me a big portion of this week's allowance!" she shrieks, waving her arms around like a madman.

Just as Missy goes into full breakdown mode, Malcolm walks in and examines the scene before him, sighing deeply as if he sees this every day. Although I wouldn't be surprised if she throws fits at home every day. "Missy, your allowance every week is probably a hundred times of what others receive and you have been binge-buying clothes so if you run out of allowance, it isn't anybody's fault but yours," he folds his arms and shakes his head like a disappointed parent.

"You'll just have to wear your gym outfit for the rest of the day, then," Malcolm tell her and despite her hissyfit of it not being stylish enough, he drags her out of the classroom with Missy screaming like a spoilt child.

Ten minutes later, they return with Missy wearing a sequin-studded gym outfit. How she managed to convince our gym teacher to allow her to wear that monstrosity, I don't know.

"I'm so sorry," he says with a pained expression in his eyes. "She tends to be a little more grumpier than usual in the morning. In response to this, she whacks him on the head.

"Do you guys want to eat lunch together?" he suggests, grinning. "You could use this to get closer to each other."

"Ah, so I can find out and subsequently exploit Missy's weaknesses, what a golden opportunity," I clap my hands together in delight. "But that doesn't mean your dear sister over there might find our commoner food to her palate."

"If Lucas is going, I'm going," she insists, batting her eyelashes at Huckleberry, who looks away immediately. Harsh.

But it was settled. Bobby's after school. Missy's biggest challenge yet: commoner food.

_____

Fortunately, because of my little "allergy", I didn't sit beside Lucas but beside Riles and Farkle. Thirdwheel alert!

A waitress zips over as soon as I signal that we'd like to make our orders. Clad in a sky blue dress with a frilly apron sprawled over the front of the uniform, she has strawberry blonde locks falling in waves over her petite shoulders and lips redder than the ripest cherry.

"What will you sweethearts have for lunch this fine afternoon?" she speaks in a thick Southern accent and plasters on a radiant smile.

I order a tuna melt and a chocolate milkshake, a pair made in heaven, in my opinion. The others place their orders and the waitress leaves, bouncing her way back to the kitchen.

Missy is the first to speak. "I can't believe you two are going to share a drink. There is a limit to how many public displays of affection you can show to us single pringles."

"Oh, you're just jealous of our wonderful relationship while you cling onto Lucas over there with dear life, hoping one day he'll look your way," Riley snickers, earning a hard glare from Missy. "But you know he'll never take his eyes off Maya."

"Wait, don't I have a say in who I like?" Lucas exclaims, a light blush dusting his cheeks.

"Well, if you like bad girls, I'll have you know I'm the baddest girl in town," Missy proclaims proudly, puffing her chest out. Again with this bad girl thing? Okay, but why does everybody think I'm a bad girl? Recently, I haven't been that bad, I've repented.

"Oh, so you're a bad girl, Missy? I think that's only because you're so bad at everything," I laugh.

"I'll have you know that I commit crimes regularly, stealing the hearts of poor boys who lay their eyes on a being as beautiful as me," she winks at Lucas, who again doesn't have a response other than swivelling his head away.

"When those poor boys lay eyes on you, they die instantly. That's the only crime you're committing: murder."

"Okay, time-out," Lucas holds his hands out to form a 'T'. Meanwhile, the others seem to be enjoying theirselves watching me and Missy at each other's throats.

Our food comes a little while after. And so begins Missy's endless list of complaints about "the milkshake not being milky enough" or "the ketchup not being the organic one we use back home". I think we're gonna be here for a long while.

_____

a/n:

holy cow thank you for 10k ( now 11k ohmy ) omg this is such a big deal thank you thank you thank you!