f i v e

new kids and no thanks

_____

"Here comes Bubblegum Boy," I burst into laughter as he walks in, his hair a tinge of pink and blue.

The dye from my hair has slowly faded off, making my hair a pleasant strawberry blonde. "Good lord, Maya, strawberry blonde looks great on you," Riley grins as she reaches out a hand to put a stray strand of my wavy locks behind my ear.

"Not as great as pink and blue looks on Lookie Pookie!" I exclaim as I flick Huckleberry's nose behind me.

"Ouch!" He rubs his nose and shoots a glare at me. "I was trying to scare you."

"And you failed, you half-assed Huckleberry!" I grin, flicking him in the nose again.

I turn to Riley to see that she's looking at us with a funny expression. "Is everything okay, Riles?" I snap her out of her trance but she shakes her head to indicate that she's fine. She plasters an artificial smile on her face and before I can question her about what that was about, Matthews walks in to mark the attendance.

"Here," I mutter when he calls out my full name. Maya Penelope Hart. Thank God I kept my father's last name. The one thing he's good for. Imagine Maya Penelope Clutterbucket. I shudder mentally.

As he reads towards the end of the list, his face brightens up as if he forgot something and he grins like an excited puppy. Okay, I know puppies don't grin, but could you try imagining that? How cute would that be?

"We have two new students today!" He claps his hands together like a retarded seal. "Let's welcome Missy and Malcolm!"

Ha, Missy is such a dumb name. Only for rich prudes who go to private school. And John Quincy Adams High School is no private school. And Malcolm? Yes, that too.

My jaw drops as they walk up.

She was skinny but had a huge rack - probably fake if you ask me - which she didn't bother covering; and a tight skirt hugged her huge posterior. Her face caked with thick makeup, she clambers to the front of the class in huge pink stilettos that go higher than the Empire State Building.

But he, he was absolutely stunning with tousled hazelnut brown hair and chestnut brown eyes that you could easily drown in. Everybody can see his toned muscles from his tight-fitting shirt as he flashes a pearly white smile that seemed to brighten up the whole room.

Holy crackers - was I just swooning? Someone slap me in the face. Because Maya Hart does not swoon.

And just as about I was bringing my hand to my face, a high-pitched voice did that job for me, bringing me back to my senses.

"My name is Missy Bradford, and my Daddy is the CEO of Bradford Bank and Co.," she boasts, puffing her chest a little, but proceeds to twist her face into a scowl, muttering, "And I can't believe he made me come to this wretched peasant's school."

Everybody gapes at her.

"Oops, I must have said that out loud," she drawls sarcastically.

She then scans her eyes over the class, and narrows them on Lucas. "At least there're some cuties here," she winks at him.