s e v e n

broken hearts and blonde beauties

_____

"What?" Riley almost-screams at my face.

"Take a chill pill, Riles," I roll my eyes at her. "I didn't even get hurt."

"I am chill!"

"Of course you are, honey."

"But what if you got hurt?" she exclaims, ignoring my comment.

"But, Peaches, I didn't," I give her a reassuring smile. "I dealt with it, and now it's your turn to deal with it."

She sighs, running a hand through her hair. "What were you even doing that late at night? Why were you alone on your street?"

Damn it, I can't tell her I was over at Farkle's discussing her date. "Erm..." I hesitate. "I ran out of pads and I needed to go out to get some."

I panicked, okay?

"Oh," she grins.

"It's fine, Riles. Don't need to get riled up over it," I chuckle and she punches me in the arm playfully, laughing along with me.

Get it? Riley and 'riled up'? Ha, good one, Maya.

"Whatever, next time just don't be dumb and walk home with someone you know," she smiles, closing her locker.

And I can't help but smile too as we walk into history class with our arms linked together.

"I'm here, losers," I announce to the class, earning a few grunts of acknowledgement.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you high school!

"Ladies," Farkle speaks up, throwing in an extra wink at Riley. Cue the blushies.

"Heard Lucas isn't coming to school today," Farkle shrugs at me.

I bet he's healing from a broken heart, because Riley chose Farkle over him. Oh, Huckleberry, you had your chance at Riley Matthews. She did try to pull you over to the dark side, but you were just threading on the border. Poor Lookie Wookie.

"Oh my God, is he okay?" someone exclaims.

I expect it to be Riley, but it isn't. It's Missy Bradford. Oops, I think I almost forgot about her presence. No wonder I felt a disturbance in the Force.

"Um, that's none of you business, Pissy Bratface," I deadpan.

"My name is Missy Bradford," she gasps exaggeratedly. If she weren't such a jerk, she could be starring in Broadway.

"And I'm the Queen of England," I reply sarcastically. "Sure, babe."

"What the hell? Are you deaf?" she shrieks and I tune her out.

Her hissy fits always did give me a migraine. Missy Bradford brought the meaning of 'idiot' to a whole new level, did she not understand sarcasm? Yeah, sarcasm might be the lowest form of wit, but to me, not understanding it is.

"How's Lucas? What happened?" I question Farkle.

"Why? Are you worried?" Farkle smirks.