He looked adorable. I smiled. "Yeah, well I'm their mental support. I'm the person players go to when they need a shoulder to cry on or speak freely, something like that."

"Hold up," he said, holding up his left hand. "You are the football therapist?"

"I guess you could say that," I shrugged. "Only that I'm not the football's therapist, but the player's."

He smiled a little at that. "And you're doing this willingly?"

I nodded.

He shook his head, grinning. "You are something else." I felt his eyes on me as I sipped my coffee. Normally I would feel self conscious under his stare, but Sam's eyes were so full of warmth that it actually felt good. Him being here, drinking coffee with me gave me a confidence boost, which I needed badly after this morning.

"What position do you play?"

"Running back just like Logan." He told me about their latest win on Friday night. The glint of pride that danced around in his eyes made me smile. And although I was kind of sick of so much football, listening to him talk about it with so much passion relaxed me in a strange sort of way.

"So, how come you are so much into football?"

He shrugged. "It takes my mind off things, you know."

I nodded, listening intently to every word he said. In a way I could understand him. Of course football wasn't the same as reading a book or listening to music was, but it did the exact same thing for me.

"I'm curious, how did you become such a fangirl?"

"Fangirl?" I laughed. "I'm not a fangirl."

He gave me a look like he didn't believe me. "You sure about that?"

I laughed. "I'm positive." I nodded.

"Damn, and here I was thinking I could persuade you into becoming my own personal fangirl."

I busted out laughing. "I'm sure you will find someone else."

He shook his head and plastered on a pout, though a playful glimpse was in his eyes that didn't go unnoticed. "But I don't want anyone else. You're the best in the fangirl department. You come to every game, watch them practice and now even solve their problems. You're the best and I only take the best."

I bit my lip to keep from smiling. His words did something crazy to my body. I felt warmth enveloping my frame as his words sunk in. "Well, I'll see what I can do."

"Perfect." He smiled.

And I smiled back. Moments passed and we were still sitting across from each other, sharing a secret grin. Sam was actually able to distract me from all the crazy shit that was going on at the moment and I was more than grateful for that. Earlier he had told me that this was the first time he could actually breathe in a week and now I completely understood him. My chest felt a little lighter than before, making it easier to breathe.

My gaze snapped away from his stunning grey eyes when my phone buzzed loudly on the table, startling the both of us. "Oh, sorry, let me just get that real quick," I apologized before snatching it away and actually take a look at the caller ID. My thumb hovered over the answer button for a moment, contemplating. The letters R-Y-A-N were painted across the screen. I had changed his name last night when I got back from our little trip to the meadow. I bit my lip. I didn't want to talk to him at the moment. I wanted to forget all this mess ever happened just for ten minutes. So, I decided to call him back later. It would be rude to answer anyways when I was with Sam.