36

Demi

Even though I'm head over heals in love with Sadie, as in I've never even thought about loving someone as much as I love her, she isn't the one who has been through every obstacle sense my grandmother had to be placed in a nursing home years ago. There is one person who was by my side through those times, and had been very close with her, and that person so happens to be Wilmer. She can put her opinion to the side for now, because he deserves to say goodbye.

As I stood up off Sadie's lap, I could see the flash of hurt on her face, but I tried to brush it off for now.

"Hi," I said approaching him, and I didn't fight it when he wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm so sorry, Demi." He whispered, making more tears gather in my eyes.

"You should probably say goodbye." I said, pulling away and shrugging towards Mimaw.

He took a deep breath and greeted family members as he made his way up to the bed. I followed shortly behind him, and rested my hand on his shoulder.

"She hasn't been talking, so don't be offended if she doesn't say anything. She can hear you and that's all that matters." I said, the stinging of tears in my eyes coming back to surface.

He nodded and leaned down so she could clearly hear him. "Mimaw, it's me, Wilmer. I just want to say hello because it's been a while. You're so special and like my own grandma. I love you.."

She pried her eyes open and gently squeezed Wilmer's hand that was placed in hers. "Wilmer." She struggled to say.

But, she said it. She hasn't spoken in days, and when she does, she says his name. I bit my lip as Wilmer tried to smile while pinching the bridge of his nose to prevent himself from crying.

I couldn't take it anymore. I might not be in love with Wilmer anymore, and I might not see him anything past a brother, but I do love him. He was a special part in my heart for so long.. So, I gave him a hug. He squeezed me as I finally let the tears fall into his chest.

"It's going to be okay, Dems." He promised, then we pulled away.

The beeping in the machines changed a bit, and a weird light flashed. My heart stopped. This is it. This is how she dies.

"What's happening?" My mom croaked. "Is she-"

"No,"A nurse answered, checking her files and what not, before sadly saying, "Soon. At this time, I ask for only family members to be in here."

"I should go." Wilmer said, and I agreed. "I'll call you, or whatever, I'll be here for the funeral."

"Thanks Wilmer." I sighed as friends stood up and started exiting the room.

Sadie and Marissa were about to walk past me, but I stopped them in their tracks. "You guys are family- you're staying."

There's no other person I'd want by my side other than these two in my time of need. There's no way in hell they're leaving me in here. Marissa gave me a sad smile before holding onto Sadie's arm, and walking back to where they were sitting. Sadie didn't make eye contact.

You can't make everyone happy.

Sadie

It's taking a bunch of self control not to overthink, not to get pissed, not to get sad, not to cry, not to walk out, and to bite my tongue. Demi literally had the nerve to text Wilmer without me knowing- sometime this morning when I was packing for her and getting all of her promos and public things figured out- to fly from Los Angeles to Texas.

This is the same guy who was pictured not too long ago with my girlfriend in the ocean which led to our first humongous fight and first potential brake up- so yes, I am selfish because even though I understand he was once close with her grandma, I still don't want him here.