30

Demi

The house is somehow even more beautiful and bigger in person. I sat in the driveway in awe, having a feeling that I could definitely get used too. But something I can't get used to, is Sadie and I fighting.

In silence, we climbed out of the car and made our way over to the realtor, Carly, who was waiting for us at the front door.

"Hi ladies!" Carly's cheery self held out her hand to shake ours. "I'm Carly! It's nice to meet you."

"I'm Sadie," she smiled brightly even though I know she's just upset about the arguing as I am. "And this is my girlfriend, Demi." I smiled, taking hold of the girls hand and shaking it up and down.

"Well, let's get started." She opened the front door, and it was so cool to see the pictures we spent hours obsessing over in person.

The woman talked and talked about the room we were in and boring facts, that I found tiring. Sadie on the other hand, was very interested, or at least pretended to be. I just want to take a tour through it, not know every fact about every square foot in the damn house.

"Let's move on to the kitchen," she said, motioning her arm to follow her. I mentally rolled my eyes.

I'm not sure why I'm so annoyed. Maybe it's because I just want to look through the house at our own pace, maybe it's because she won't stop talking, or maybe it's because I can't stop thinking about Sadie and I being mad at each other. Or the people hating on my Taylor tweet.

"What do you think?" Carly turned her attention to me, as did Sadie.

My face turned a little red because I have no idea what they're talking about. "I'm fine with whatever Sadie is fine with."

A faint smile appeared on Sadie's face as she turned back to Carly and said, "Yeah, then I think we'll stick with the granite for now."

"I think you'll like this little room," she said, now leading us to a little office type space.

"Yes!" Sadie said in awe. "It's big enough for Demi and I's workspace. I love it."

She's thinking about how much she loves the room, but all I'm thinking about is how I love her.

"We have two more rooms up here before we move downstairs." She announced.

Sadie began to walk shortly behind her, and I couldn't take it anymore. I haven't had barely any eye contact, skin to skin interaction, let alone any kisses in over 15 hours and I need something.

I need her to know that I'm done being a bitch. That I feel horrible for not saying I love her last night. That I'm sorry for going too far. That I'm sad about being attacked and I need her. So, she might still be pissed off at me, but I don't care.

From behind, I slipped my hand in hers and intertwined our fingers. She squeezed reassuringly, and just like that, we are one person again.

As we walked through the rest of the upstairs, I stayed just a tiny tiny bit behind her. It's a habit I do when I feel vulnerable. I hide. We stopped again listening to the bitch talk. I rubbed the back of her hand with my thumb. I'm sorry.

"Okay, the most anticipating part, downstairs." Carly slightly laughed, leading us back over to the staircase.

This was definitely my favorite part of the pictures we saw. I can't wait to see the bedroom. If it's like what we saw, I'll be in cloud 9.