12

Sadie's POV

I brought my knuckles up to the door and hesitated. Deep breaths. Am I ready for this?

"Sadie.." Demi quietly urged.

If youre not going to do it for yourself, do it for demi. Do it for your parents.

Without another thought, I knocked three times. Oh shit. Oh shit. I cant believe this is happening. Oh my gosh. Oh shit.

Only moments later, the door opened and my aunt appeared with a smile. That smile soon crumpled as I saw her eyes swarm with tears and she whispered, "Sadie?"

With my pulse racing, I nodded my head. "Y-yeah."

I thought she would slam the door and tell me to go away. Scream how dare I leave that family and not talk to anyone or update them. But instead, she reached out and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. Ive missed her so much. I tightly wrapped my arms around her, and to my surprise, she started crying.

"You've grown up so much! You're a lady now. I've m-missed you!"

I felt my own self starting to tear up as I said, "I've missed you so much."

After what felt like forever, she pulled away and eyed me again, smiling. Her eyes soon went over to Demi and an even bigger smile broke out, "Hi!"

"Hi, I'm Demi." She smiled. "Its nice to finally meet you!"

Demi held out her hand, but my aunt totally ignored it as she gave Demi just as big of a hug as she gave me. "You must be Sadie's girlfriend."

Demi and I both started blushing, hardcore. Well, that's awkward. At least we know she approves.

Demi giggled, "No, not yet."

"Oh, pish posh." Aunt Lena said, pulling away. "Follow me."

I intertwined my fingers with Demi's as I followed my aunt into her house. I could hear my whole family talking and laughing, the sound sending goose bumps down my spine. Nervousness consumed my body, then Demi squeezed my hand in comfort.

"You guys wait here." My aunt whispered.

I watched her open the sliding glass door, then moved so nobody saw me.

"Everyone, come inside for a few minutes!"

I heard the shuffling of people talking and laughing as they made their way inside to take a seat in the living room. I don't like being the center of attention and that's what is about to happen. fuck.

"I have a surprise for all of you.." My aunt announced.

I heard her moving toward me and grab my hand, pulling Demi and I into the living room. When everyones eyes landed on me, it got dead silent.

My heart stopped. My family. I'm looking at my whole family.

Nothing was said until I heard someone cry out, "Sadie!"

I looked over and saw Mavery running for me. MAVERY. A smile spread across my face and I could feel tears springing to my eyes.

I opened my arms open wide and picked her up, spinning her around. I've never missed someone so much.

Demi's POV

It only took a few seconds after Sadie picked her cousin up, that some of her family got tears in there eyes and most of them came and gave Sadie the biggest hug ive ever seen in my life.

"Sadie," Mavery called from a distance.

Sadie pulled away from a hug with her Uncle and asked, "Yeah?"