46

Sadie

Everything I do isn't done without Demetria on my mind.

Here I am, 3 am, in the middle of a dance floor with only good vibes around me, and my mind is still stuck on the argument I had with her hours ago. Im trying my hardest to have a good time and let loose, but I can't. I can't and it pisses me off.

The song came to and end, and I pushed my way through the sweaty bodies to find the table occupied by half of my friends. Sighing, I flopped down at the booth.

"Are you sure you don't want aaanytbing?" Emma slurred, pushing her vodka tonic towards me.

"Nope, I'm good." I laughed, pointing to my water bottle.

"Go crazy!" Kyle shouted, "Like old times!"

I ignored his comment, and gazed my attention towards Sutton striding over towards us with the rest of our friends following suit.

"Jus' drink, Sadie! We so much.. funnn!" Megan whooped, although it looked like she could pass out at any second.

"Is this about.. Demi?" Matt asked from beside me, rolling is eyes slowly. The mention of her name made my heart skip.

"I'm not drinking because I don't want to drink. You claim you're having fun now, but you're not going to be in about two hours." I explained, wondering how half of these people could get black out drunk without a care in the world.

"You weren't like this before.. her." Matt grumbled, taking a long chug of the golden liquid swishing around in his glass cup.

"Matt, cut it out." Sutton said, her eyebrows furrowed together.

"Jus.. be with me again. We could go back to old times, Sadie! I still loooove you!" Matt slurred his words together, unable to keep his eyes focused on one thing.

"Okay," I announced, sliding off the chair, "Its been great catching up, guys, really. But, I have to be up super early tomorrow and I'm gonna head back."

"But," Mia pouted, "How will we know when we'll see you again?"

My heart sank seeing all the sad faces, hanging their heads. I don't want to leave them, but I have to. I hate this environment.

"Thanksgiving," I promised, "I'll be home then and we'll all get back together, okay?"

All of them agreed, and I gave each of them a warm goodbye hug, except Matt. I made sure to only give him a one armed two second squeeze before moving onto Sutton, even though I knew I'd be seeing her before thanksgiving.

Now, is the hard part.

I reached into my purse and cringed as my hands wrapped around my cellphone. I haven't checked it once since we left the venue, and I don't even want to know how many times Demi's tried to reach me or sent pissed off messages.

I hit the home button, the lock button, both at the same time, but it was clearly dead. Shit. How am I supposed to get an uber if my phones dead?

Turning hot on my heals, I returned all the way back to the table I was at moments ago.

"She always comes back," Matt winked, and I had the sudden urge to punch him in the face.

"No, skeez, im definitely not back for you," I said, turning to Sutton, "Can you get me an uber? My phones dead."

"Of course," she promised, typing away on her phone. "He'll be here in 5 minutes."

Sutton bid me one last goodbye before everyone but Matt returned to the dance floor. I wish I could be like them, so carefree. They can drink, party, rage without having to worry about anything. But then I think about it and realize, I don't want to do that anymore. I'd rather stay at home and watch movies with Demi than go out.