“No you’re a legitimate half-faerie freak.”

"So the separation was a move of necessity?"

"Yes, thankfully Oberon was more understanding and diplomatic than many in his court ever were."

"Thank heavens for that, but I have one more question?"

"What's that?"

"If I was born in the fifth century. How was I raised in the twenty-first century?"

"Anyone skilled enough in traveling from one realm to another can also pinpoint what time to land in as well."

"Oh, all right."

"Are there anymore questions?"

“Yes how come we can’t travel to before Mordred tried to claim the crown, or even before the battle of Camlann?”

“Trust me,that would do more harm than good.”

“Then I’ll your word for it then.”

"Fantastic, now hurry up, we need to get to London."

"Why London?"

"You need to see what your enemy is capable of. And London is the best place to see their capabilities." And with that, the party left for London. As they neared the city, the grass and earth began to turn black. Sounds of wildlife became silent. Ector kept a hand on Caliburn and was becoming uncomfortable with the scenery around him. Upon arrival to the city of London Ector and Kay saw several guards laying on the walls of the city.

“Someone tell me those guards are just asleep?” the king said rhetorically.

“Then we’d be lying to you kid,” said Kay coldly.

Merlin examined several bodies that were leaning against the gate to the city. “The enemy has taken great measures to achieve victory. Too bad they do not belief in karma.”

“Why are they still leaning against the walls?” Ector asked.

Merlin pushed one of the bodies to the ground, the guard didn’t move once it hit the ground. “The joy of rigor mortis, I could have them on their heads if that would make you feel better.”

“No, no, I’ll pass on that, thank you.”

As they explored further into the city, the deadly silence was unnerving for the whole party.

"My God!" Ector exclaimed. "What happened here?"

"Many would call this a Charm of Death. Though ‘charm’ is hardly the appropriate word for what happened here," said Merlin, he dismounted and grabbed a handful of dirt as he felt the sand like texture. Even the earth was void of life. This is definitely the work of Morgan, Merlin thought to himself. Bedivere and Kay checked several houses on the outskirts of the city. What they saw greatly affected them as they returned to Merlin and Ector.

"There doesn’t seem to be anyone left alive. The entire city is dead." Kay was almost to tears as he spoke. "Men, women, children, even the animals are dead." Ector went into one house, taking out Cailburn as it emitted a low glow, bodies were strewed across the ground. It seemed some were still awake when the spell was cast, or they were awakened by the effects of the charm. Ector could tell these people died horribly. He had a faint hatred for Morgan from the stories of Malory, but now he desired to take her head and burn her body for this.

Bedivere was silent as he surveyed the city. The stones and wood buildings were already falling apart. He figured the city would disappear from existence with a fortnight. The memories of London after Mordred's assault on the city quickly flashed in his mind as he noticed the steeple of a chapel collapse upon itself.

"Why would anyone do this Merlin?" Ector asked.

"The death charm can be use to infuse the energy of those killed to revive another person. And when you infuse someone with the spirit and flesh of two, they possess the strength and stamina of two people. And from what I can surmise, the whole city was used for this purpose."

"Morgan used it to bring back Mordred," Ector said firmly.

"No doubt about that," said Kay. "It's sick how she would have this city suffer twice in his name. That wretched bitch." He spat at the ground as he finished. "Damn her to hell."

Merlin was eager to leave the scene of great evil. "Come, we need to try to find where they brought him back."

Kay was less than eager to oblige the wizard. "Why on earth would we want to find that spot? He may still be there. And we don't have the..."

"Morgan was never good at covering her tracks. If we can find out what she did to bring Mordred back, then maybe we can find a way to undo the spell. Death charms and soul infusions are never the same twice. And much of what is done and ingredients needed to perform the spell have to be brought to the site of the incantation."

Kay grunted as he shrugged in agreement. Ector felt a cold shiver crawl up his spine as he imagined what horrors awaited him when they would find the site of the unholy resurrection. "How are we going to find the spot where Mordred was...reborn?" asked the young man.

"As I said, Morgan was never good at covering her tracks, and she always loved one spot in particular to cast her spells. Come to think of it, it takes the fun away from actually trying to find the spot when you think about it. Ah well, I'll tell her next time I see her."

Ector took a moment to take in Merlin's last comment. "Wait...What?"