Chapter Thirty Four

My weekend ends quickly and I am nowhere near prepared to get back to school and reality. I wish Jesse and I could last like this forever. Open, honest, loving.

When I wake up Tuesday morning I am in a surprisingly good mood. I go to my closet and look at all the clothes I have hanging. My hand automatically moves towards an old sweater but I stop midway. I instead go for a tank top and a pair of jeans. I am not scared anymore.

My past is a part of me but it doesn’t define me.

I finish getting ready and head down the stairs, I even stop to grab something to eat unlike usual.

I get a call from Bri on my way to school, I thank her again for inviting me and Jess this weekend. However the rest of the conversation isn’t as light, she and Conrad got into their first real fight last night.

“Maybe you guys just were around each other for too long.” I offer.

“He was supposed to stay the night last night but he kept texting some girl named Gianna. I got angry and I told him to get out. Then we fought and he walked out.” She sounded exasperated.

“I’m sorry B. Maybe there was a reason behind it.” I suggest. “I will call you later because I am about to be at school. Text me if you have an update. I love you. I’ll kick him in the nuts if he hurts you, okay?”

She laughs before hanging up the phone. I immediately see Jesse and make my way over to him.

His back is turned to me and I notice he is talking to his friend Bryan. I turn away and begin walking into the school instead. I’m sure Jesse wants to be talking to his friend more than me. I am reaching for the door when I hear my name being called behind me. It’s Jesse.

He’s waving me over toward him and Bryan.

Before I can talk myself out of it, as I normally would, I make my way to them.

Once I step closer to them Jess, grabs my hand and notices my bare arm, he gives me a proud smile and holds me close to him and turns his attention to Bryan.

“So do you wanna come this weekend?” Bryan questions Jesse after giving me a quick smile.

“Not sure man, I’ll let you know though.”

He walks away leaving me and Jesse in the middle of the sidewalk.

“He invited us to a party this weekend.” He informs me.

My mind goes to the last party we went to together and how terribly wrong it went. Before either of us can say anything more the warning bell goes off and he changes the subject, “I am so proud of you Lyssia.” He smiles proudly at me. Obviously talking about my lack of sleeves.

“I am proud of me too.” I tell him honestly.

It’s true. I never saw myself doing this for as long as I was in high school, showing someone my scars and then wearing something that didn’t cover them to school.

He pulls me into his side and we walk into the school together. “So this party…” I inquire.

“Yeah, it’s a bonfire party at Kewaki.”

I’ve heard about these. They are typically fifty kids or so and they go to Kewaki, a campground, and drink and hangout. Everyone says they are really fun.

“Let’s go!” I am willing to try something new. I grab my textbooks out of my locker.

“Really??” Surprise is evident in his voice.

“Yeah. I mean we are teenagers, lets have some fun. I do have one request.” I ask.

“What’s that?” I shut my locker and began walking to my first period. Jesse beside me.

“Can you not drink as much?” I don’t mean to sound like a nag but I really don’t want to have to drag him around again. I really don’t want him to drink at all but I can’t really restrict him from that.

“I am not going to touch the alcohol. Not anymore.” He speaks softly.

He gives me a sweet peck on my lips before opening my first period door for me and waving goodbye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holy shit. I am so sorry guys. I say this at the end of every chapter but I hattttte not updating for you guys.

I have been allllll over the place over the past week.

My homecoming is this Saturday and my homecoming game is Friday but I am going to try to sneak in an update either Saturday morning or Sunday.

Please don’t forget to comment & vote please!!

My reads have gone down so much): So tell me if there if anything I can do to improve. I enjoy constructive critism!

Love you guys!!

Emily