Chapter Twenty One

PLEASE READ

So I just want to say something real quick, this type of story may attract some readers that are going  through some rough stuff and I just want to throw out the fact that I am always here to talk, I promise I am not a 38 year old man or anything. I am currently in highschool and I am here for anyone. And even if you don't want to talk to me, talk to someone, anyone. If you don't know anyone personally you want to talk to or anything then go to bornthiswayfoundation.org and go to GET HELP NOW page. There are hotlines and stuff that you can anonymously call and talk to them.

My readers are my princesses (and princes, I am not sure..) and I want you guys to always be happy.

ALYSSIA’S POV

The next couple of days are just a blur. All I do is go to school and let the days go by. Finally Wednesday hits, my help first session with all the younger kids is today. As I walk into the big auditorium my hands shake with nervousness. There are chairs in the middle and a tiny table on the side with snacks and tiny bottles of water, which of course, nobody has touched, just like when I came here before. I can picture myself being a shy little kid walking in here, terrified and quiet.

 Anxiety is building up in my gut and I panic. This is a bad idea. Everything in me tells me to leave so I listen. I turn to exit but as I am turning around I notice a short, freckled girl who is no older than ten crying in the corner, crying so hard she physically cannot breathe, there is an older boy trying to calm her but is failing. She reminds me so much of myself that it is unreal.

Suddenly my vision goes blurred and my knees slightly buckle under me, visions of me crying after Ellie had yelled at me build up in my head. I see me pulling the blade across my wrist, I see the blood pooling on my skin. My knees fully lose strength and I began to fall, however, a young yet tall boy catches me before I hit the floor.

I blink and push the images out of my head, attempting to clear my eyes. I eventually stand on my own and turn to the boy, he has a familiar look about him with his strong bone structure and striking eyes. “Thank you so much.” There is something that catches my attention about him, drawing me in.

He suddenly gets a very different energy about himself and gets very shy, he responds with a short nod of his head and begins to walk toward the direction of the chairs in the middle of the room.

I shake my head trying to remember if I have ever seen him before but nothing comes up, I push the thoughts aside and try to focus on clearing my head enough to actually help these kids.

I feel a gentle hand placed on my shoulder. When I turn around I recall the guy who was “comforting” that girl that was crying in the corner, I notice how his light blue eyes look remarkable with his dark brown hair and dark complexion, it seems as though he is almost looking through you not at you, “Hey, I am assuming you are the other ‘leader,’” he says while he puts air quotes around leader. “You know, I really hate that term, I mean everyone has their struggles. It’s not like I am any better off than them necessarily, just have more experience, you know? Oh, I am Andy by the way.” He extends his hand and I shake it.

I laugh at his outgoing personality. “I am Alyssia. And you talk a lot.” I smile so he knows I don’t mean it rudely.

“Oh my gosh, I am sorry. I do that at first. Well more like I do that all the time.” He laughs back. “We should probably go though because we have a dozen kids over there waiting for us.”

“We probably should!” And suddenly I don’t feel so nervous as he grabs my arm and fast walks to the circle.

We sit down in the two remanding seats next to each other. There are 12 kids sitting in fold out chairs surrounding us in a circle. Ranging in age from really young to early middle school age. Andy claps his hands loud and rubs them together, “Alright, so since this is our first session we are going to go around the circle and say our name, age, and why we are here, it doesn’t need to be a long story just a quick overview. I’ll start and we can go around the circle. I am Andy, I am 17, and I am here because I was disowned from my family and bullied when I was around all your ages because I like boys even though I am a boy and a lot of people find that weird and bad. So I want to help kids like you guys because I know what it’s like to be really sad and have nobody to go to.”

I am slightly taken back because I had no idea he was gay. I turn to him and smile for support because I know what it’s like to have nobody to go to as well.

The circle goes counter clockwise, so I am going to be last. Some people drag their stories out, others keep their shorter than short. People have stories ranging from drug abuse, to abusive families, to deaths, to getting bullied at school and everything in between. About half way through it gets to the boy who caught me earlier; he straightens up his back a little and sits straighter, “My names Jack, I am 11, and I am here because my brother beats me.” He slouches back down and completely shuts down.

Even though his story was one of the much shorter one I can feel my heart hurt for him. I feel as though I already know him.

Finally everyone finishes and it gets to me. I clear my throat willing myself to speak, “Um, my name is Alyssia, I am sixteen and I am here because my sister died in a car accident when I was younger and my parents sent me to one of these and it actually really helped, so I was hoping that I could help you guys get through whatever you’re going through.” Wow, that wasn’t too bad. I praise myself for not royally screwing up.

“So let’s get started!” Andy claps his hands again as he announces.

And we do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Super short I know, but I just wanted to tell you guys I love you by posting so soon!

Also, I like constructive criticism on my writing so please tell me what I am doing wrong in your eyes!

Love you guys so so much!

Please vote, comment and tell your friends!!

Oh and guys, I have an instagram, ask.fm, twitter and everything like that so if you want to follow me or ask me stuff or whatever then let me know and I'll message you it!

Emily