T w e n t y - f o u r

I just wanted to let you guys know I am only writing a few more chapters of this story (wait for it) then I will start the sequel!!!! Yay!! I promise you will definitely want to read it!!! Enjoy! 3 am
Maya's POV
The pain in my stomach became more consistent. I had packed my bag for the hospital the night before just in case.

"Riles?"

Riley slept with me tonight because she knew I would have to wake her up to call the doctor again.

"Riley?"

No answer.

"Peaches?"

No answer.

There was one thing for sure that was going to wake her up. I pushed her with my feet till I heard a big thud on the floor.

"What the heck Maya?!? Ow!" I heard from the floor.

"Call the doctor, they are 15 minutes apart."

"Ok." She mumbled stumbling to the living room.

A few minutes later Riley walked in the room more awake than when she left it.

"Ok, he said we should start heading to the hospital now, Yay! - Maya?" She whispered taping my shoulder. "I would push you off the bed too if you weren't pregnant." She rolled her eyes

"I'm up..." I mumbled

"Are you going to help me down the stairs?" I asked sleepily, grabbing my bag and opening the front door.

"Yes, I'll be right behind you." Riley gives my shoulder a squeeze. I stepped down a few stairs slowly and sighed. "Riley? I think we should take the elevator."

-"right, ok let's go." Riley takes my hand and we walk over to the elevator.

When we are in the lobby, Riley walks me out to her car and she makes sure I am in safely.

"Ok, to the hospital we go!" Riley starts her car and steps on the gas.

"Whoa ok Riles, slow down. Baby on board!" I exclaimed. Did she want me to have a heart attack?

"I'm sorry but I have to speed or else we'll have to wait on 35th and 20th for the train." Riley looked at me in her rear view mirror.

The car continued to speed down the street and by the time we got to the hospital Riley was already honking her horn. "Get out of the way! Come on, my best friend is about to give birth!"

-"Riley, could you tone it down please?" I winced.

"Sorry, let's get you out."

Riley helped me out of the car and found a wheelchair sitting outside the doors. Riley gave me this look and smiled.

"Out of the way, out of the way! Pregnant lady coming through!" Riley ran through the halls and a nurse stopped us.

"Ok, I just need you to sign here, and here. We have a room open for you. The doctor will be with you in a moment."

The room was nice, soft yellow walls and there was a painting of a grassy landscape in a white picture frame.

Riley helped me in the bed and tucked a strand of hair away from the face. "You ok Peaches?"

"Just nervous. I've never given birth before." I frowned.

"Neither have I." Riley shrugged.

"Yeah, obviously." I laughed.

"Hey, don't worry. I'll be with you the whole time, I promise." She grabbed my hand and gave it a little squeeze. I squeezed back and smiled. Yeah, I'm gonna be fine.