***

Luke had mixed reactions at hearing just how much evidence that camera managed to capture.  Clearly, he was excited for obvious reasons.  At the same time though, he seemed almost to be a little sick somewhat by it.  As if it backed up the fact that it really happened, and that he would eventually have to review it himself.  Of course, I made him promise he would wait a long time until he watched it. 

Though it was a great change in progress for us, we were approaching a new and very intimidating reality. Today, we were going home and he would face Clare.  We could only pray that she would buy his act.  That she would believe that those cold and dead stares were nothing and that he loved her.  It could change everything if she didn't buy it.  We needed to make tonight count.

I wasn't sure what to expect from it  Whether she was already convinced of the truth and ready to kill us both or if she still had hope and was waiting at home with open arms.  It could be either for all I knew.  That was what scared me, made me bite at my nails all day - something I don't or can't stand to usually do.  It was going to be dangerous, walking back in there, being peaceful and all. Ugh.  Why couldn't it ever be as easy as just shooting the enemy?

Of course, all that had to wait until my appointment with my therapist, Veronica.  It only made me more anxious for when we go home directly after.  We went from his work to the appointment and by the time it would be over, we would be on our way back to our house late in the evening.  So besides being anxious, I welcomed this hour to let loose a bit and relax.  After all, what could be more relaxing than mocking a therapist with absolute bullshit stories. 

"You see, he was upset because I had sex with his best friend.  And then that guy was upset too because I had sex with that guys other friend," I said, giving her one hell of a true account on what happened.  I mean, obviously, I'm the most honest slut in town.  Get with the program, people. 

"So that's why they broke into your house and beat you up?  Put a knife through your hand?"

"Yep," I said, raising my eyebrows and pursing my lips at her.  I shook my head in disgust at the situation, all the while basking in the feeling of pulling one over on my dearest therapist.  Her eyes held mine and showed signs of clear horror at the situation I was describing to her.  After all, how many times do you get a patient describing an issue like this to her?  That I fucked a guy, fucked his friend, and they were so pissed they decided to fuck me over, essentially.  Of course, she quickly had to compose her face which she had temporarily let her expressions control.  Jaw shutting after dropping, she rearranged herself like a good little therapist would. 

"Do you feel any resentment towards what they did to you?" she asked me calmly, slightly uncomfortable but refusing to show it.

I nodded and gave a sigh.  "Yeah, I do.  But honestly, all it makes me want to do is fuck all their other friends.  Just to make them even more angrier with me."  Hiding my smile completely, I sold my act and threw in my guilty eyes at the next ridiculous thing I said.  I leaned forward towards her, and stressed with my eyes and serious tone just how much this next part affected me.  "The messed up part of it all is that when I think about what they did to me, it makes me want to get back at them and screw all their other friends too.  So technically, them beating me up like they did, is now starting to turn me on.  And I don't know how to deal with myself because of it."

Poor lady. She bought it like always.  I almost feel bad every time I talk with her but at the same time, it boasts my confidence with my ability to be a professional liar.  I mean, you need to be damn good to pull that off with someone that is trained to read people. If only Luke had my lying skills, it might help him tonight.  Hopefully, his training for being a cop would somehow benefit him.  Soon enough, he would be facing that devil bitch face.