Chapter 27: Home Sweet Home

- Payton -

After a great week at the beach-house with the boys and Zayn's girlfriend, I was FINALLY back home in Nashville with my friends and family.

Don't get me wrong. I mean, getting to be with five of the cutest boys for a whole week was absolutely perfect, but nothing beats out time with the family.

Anyway, at the moment, Taylor and I were hanging out in the living room ... listening to the first cut of her new album. Right now her album was about five songs, but it's like perfection.

"I don't know what other songs to put on the album," Taylor tells me, as she presses 'play' on the CD player for the fifth time. I motion for her to pass me the list of possible additions and once she's handed it to me, I look over it.

"I think that 'Starlight' should really get a spot on the able, and then maybe put 'Begin Again' and it could be like a hint for people to play the record again?"

Taylor thinks through my suggestion and then laughs as she nods her head. "Sounds like a great idea," she smiles, then writes down 'Starlight' and 'Begin Again' on the piece of paper Taylor had been using as her makeshift track list. "So, have you talked to Niall lately?"

I blush and cover my face with my hand. I also look down at the ground, hearing Taylor start to laugh as I do so.

"Aw Payton! You and him are so cute."

I smile widely. "Aw! Thank you, Taylor."

"So your first date thing was at Disneyland?"

"Yeah I guess you could call it that. He was originally gonna go with the other boys but then he asked me to go with him instead," I explain, pausing at the end before continuing my thought. "Do you think he actually does like me?" I asked and Taylor nodded her head at quite a quick pace.

"He definitely does. I think I could fit in a song about you and Niall on the album if you'd like?"

Taylor stares at me after she asks her question, waiting eagerly for my response. After a minute or so, I smile and nod my head.

"I would absolutely love it! If you did that, I would probably cry."

Laughing, we go back to sorting out the songs. Taylor and I spend time separating the different song sheets into different piles, trying to figure out the best ones that demonstrate the emotions that Taylor says the album is to represent.

***

"I miss you so much," I whisper into the phone, his sigh on the other end of the line making me even more upset.

"I'm gonna try to see you at some point, Payton. I promise."

Sighing, I walk over to my calendar that was hanging on my wall. I look over it, trying to figure out a day for us to get together.

"When are you back here?" I ask him and I can tell that he just shrugged his shoulders.

"Mid-August I believe. The VMAs are around that time."

"Hm," I mumble and he starts to sound worried.

"Is everythin' alright?"

"I'm just ... I don't ... I don't think I'll be there at that time. I start working for Scooter beginning of August. I'll be going back and forth between New York, Atlanta and Los Angles for the whole month and for the first -"

"Couple weeks of September," he interrupts and a big sigh is heard from both of us.

"Niall, you know I really want to be with you, it's just the scheduling ..." I start but then trail off, though Niall definitely knows what I'm talking about. He sighs once more and then I hear him start to talk to either Liam or Zayn.

"Listen," he starts and I can hear how upset he is. "I'll talk to you later, our flight's boardin' now. Expect a text from me when I get to London," says Niall and I run a hand through my hair before flopping down on my bed.

"I'm looking forward to it."

He chuckles. "Bye Payton. I -" Niall starts but then stops. "I'll see you soon," he whispers, and I say goodbye to him, both of us hanging up at the same time. He was going to say it. Those three words were so close to rolling off his tongue. We're not even officially together, yet Niall was going to say that he loves me.

That HE loves ME. The Niall Horan, the beautiful blond boy who just has to smile and I feel ten times better ... if only he had said those words. I definitely would've said them back to him, no doubt about it. I just ... this absolutely exhausting. As I let out a sigh, I place my phone on my bedside table and then curl up under the covers, hoping that a quick nap would help me feel better. Well, at least I'mm hoping it does ...

I wake up to the sound of someone calling my name, and as soon as my eyes were fully open I saw that it was Taylor, my lovely older sister.

"Payton! Finally!" Taylor giggles, ruffling my hair.

"What time is it?" I ask, rubbing my eyes - an action I regretted as soon as I saw the mascara on my hands.

Taylor glances at my lock screen and then hands me my phone once she's done. "It's about two. It looks like it's about to rain, do you wanna watch a movie or go shopping or something?" she asks, sitting cross-legged on the edge of my bed. I shrug and check my notifications ... I get a lot of tweets from Taylor's fans.

"We could go to the mall I guess. I probably won't buy much though," I tell her as I hop off my bed and check my makeup, wiping away a couple of little mascara pieces.

"Yay!" Taylor smiles, clapping her hands excitedly. "Are you ready to go now or do you want to wait a couple minutes?"

I laugh and tie my hair into a messy high ponytail. "Let me just put on a cardigan and we can head out, Tay," I smile and she gives me a thumbs up in return.

"Someone texted you."

"It's probably just Scooter. Niall's on a plane right now, probably fast asleep."

"So are you gonna reply now or?"

I laugh and slide the phone into my back pocket. "I'll reply in the car. Let's just go!" I smile, racing Taylor down the stairs.

I love spending time with my sister.

---

Holy crap. You guys are absolutely amazing! Over 96,000 reads??? Payton was at 92k on Sunday and now we're at 96k ??? I'm in shock ... I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

Okay, anyway, I've been having a pretty tough couple weeks and writing for y'all and reading your comments makes me very happy so thank you all so much for that :) i truly do appreciate you all so much!

anyway, for an early update; 300 reads, 40 votes & 15 comments! i know y'all can do it <3

if we don't reach the goals then i'll just be updating on Saturday!

i love you all so much
sophia xx

QUESTION: what are some songs you'd like for me to cover? i'm posting a cover tomorrow & i have no idea so yeah ... COMMENT SOME SONGS BELOW!