Chapter 22: Pre-teens, Groceries & Harry Styles

▫Payton▫

The next morning, I felt like my head was going to explode. 

"Last time I ever go out drinking," I murmur to myself, and then slowly get out of bed. I continue to walk slowly out of my room and downstairs ... surprised to find a certain curly-haired brunette on the couch. "What are you doing here?" I ask, my voice quite quiet as that was the loudest I could take.

"Good morning to you too, Payton," Harry laughs and I place a hand over my forehead. "Oh sorry," he apologizes, his voice quieter. 

"No you don't need to apologize, it's really my fault I'm like this," I sigh and sit down next to him, resting my head back on a random couch cushion. Harry chuckles and pats my shoulder, using his other hand to text on his phone. "So why are you here?" I ask again, grabbing my phone off the coffee table.

"Taylor sent me here," he starts, just as he starts to change the channel. "She was too afraid to let you stay here alone, so I decided to spend my day off watching over you," Harry smiles and uses one of his hands to mess up my hair. I laugh and smack his hand off of my head, then go to check my texts.

"What are we going to do today?" I ask and Harry shrugs.

"If you're hangover isn't too bad, we could go get some groceries. I know Taylor left a list in the kitchen ... " he trails off, searching his mind for the memory of the piece of paper. "I'm gonna check the kitchen for it. If you're up to going, go get changed and meet me at my car," Harry tells me, then turns off the TV and gets up, quickly walking into the kitchen. I sigh and then think for a moment, deciding on whether or not I should go with him. After a short internal debate, I go upstairs, then into my room and then finally change into a pair of high-waisted American Apparel shorts and a white white crop top. I then put my phone in my pocket and headed downstairs, almost tripping over Harry - who was sitting on the last step while tying his shoelaces.

"I almost died!" I laughed, as did Harry, and then put a hand over my head. Harry laughs again and I roll my eyes, quickly putting on a pair of white Vans.

"You ready to go?" asks Harry, as he grabs his car keys and walks towards the door. I nod my head, about to say something as my phone rings, stopping me from doing so. He stands there silently while I answer ... I didn't even have to look at the name to know who it was.

"Payton, I'm so glad you're up!" Taylor says, a sigh of relief at the end. "Is Harry there? Is he watching you?" she asks and I laugh.

"Yeah he's here," I say and slowly start to walk towards the door, placing my foot out a little to block Meredith's path - you know, just to make sure that she didn't try to get out. "We were just about to go do some errands, Tay," I tell her and she sighs for some reason.

"Alright," she starts, then takes a quick pause before continuing, "I guess I'll let you head out, you're in good hands with Harry. Bye Payton, love you!"

"Bye Taylor, love you too!" I say and then we both hang up. I slide my phone into my pocket and grab my set of house keys, following Harry out the door as well as locking it soon after. I then get in to Harry's car that's waiting in the driveway, and as soon as I've put on my seatbelt, Harry backs out of the driveway and drives down the street ... getting to the lights just as they turn red. I take the situation as an opportunity to take a couple selfies, so I get my phone out of my pocket and take some - most of them featuring Harry.

"Do you take a lot of selfies?" he questions and I nod my head.

"Yup, it's kinda my thing," I answer. Harry laughs and starts driving once the light turns green, the two of us singing along to the songs on the radio - I'd turn up the volume when the played What Makes You Beautiful or One Thing, which made Harry slightly embarrassed. "I need to post the selfies on Instagram!" I laughed and Harry shook his head, his eyes still focused on the road ahead. I ignored him and made a collage with two of the selfies, posting it to Instagram shortly after.