Chapter 18: Airports & Fangirls

▫Payton▫

The next morning, we were in the airport, waiting for our flight to Los Angeles. We were sitting in the chairs by our gate, Justin texting Alfredo while I listened to some of the demo recordings that Taylor sent me. They were amazing, but there's definitely more that she could add to make them perfect.

"Listen to this," I say and put one of my earphones in Justin's ear, making him listen to the demo of Taylor's song that was titled State of Grace. To be honest, it was fast becoming one of my favourites. "What do you think?" I ask, watching as he nods his head to the song.

"I like it. But instead of acoustic in the back, I think she should have her band play. If she did that, it would be an amazing song," Justin tells me, while I nod my head, writing down what he had just said in a text message to Taylor. He hands me back the earphone and then gives me a kiss on the cheek, going back to texting Alfredo. I smile and put the earphone in my ear, about to look back down at my phone when two girls walk up to me.

"Hi," I say and take out my earphones. "Can I help you?" I ask and they giggle.

"Y-you're Payton Swift right?" they ask and I nod my head. They smile and then let out this high-pitched scream that I have to admit was pretty impressive. "And you're here with Justin! Oh my God this is amazing!" They scream again and I laugh, while Justin jumps in his seat - he was startled, it was cute. He looks at me and I laugh again, turning my head back to the two girls in front of us.

"What are your names?" I ask and they giggle for a minute or two before answering.

"I'm Hailey and she's Savannah," Hailey says and Savannah waves at us. "We're really big fans of boht of you and we don't mean to be a bother, but could we get a picture with you two? If we can't it's okay," she says and Justin laughs, while we both stand up.

"We have time! Come on, I think we could get a couple pictures with you guys before it's time to board," Justin says and the girls squeal excitedly, which is pretty adorable. Well, it's only adorable because they look about twelve or thirteen, if they were older it would be ... hilarious I guess? I don't know, I'm only guessing. Anyway, Savannah hands me her phone. First, Justin takes a picture with Savannah and Hailey, then I hand him the phone and I take a picture with the two.

"I think we should get a picture of all four of us! Is your mom or dad or someone travelling with you?" I ask and Hailey nods her head.

"My mom is travelling with us. I'll go get her!" Hailey says and runs off to get her mom. Justin and I focus our attention on Savannah, the quieter one of the two girls. Justin and Savannah start talking, and I join in on their conversation too. We learn quite a bit about Savannah and we also learn a couple things about Hailey. Savanna tells us how her and Hailey have been best friends since they were five, that they both want to be singers, and how they have crushes on most of the male celebrities that you hear about in the news.

"Hailey really likes Jaden Smith," Savannah tells us and Justin laughs. I smile and look down at my phone, checking the time before looking back up at Savannah and Justin.

"I could probably arrange for them to meet. Are you guys going to be in Los Angeles any time soon?" Justin asks, just as Hailey comes back with her mom. Quickly, Savannah replies with a yes and then hands Hailey's mom the phone that we've been using to take pictures. Justin and I stand up, and as we're about to go stand with the girls, Hailey's mom pulls us to the side.

"I just want to thank you so much for this. Hailey and Savannah really look up to you two, as well as Taylor," she says and we smile.

"It's no problem," Justin says and walks over to the girls. I'm about to walk over as well, when Hailey's mother asks me to stay for a moment. I watch as she takes in a deep breath before taking to me,