Chapter 12: Swifties, Twitter & Ice Cream

▫Payton▫

@paytonisawhore: I TOLD U GUYS PAYTON Wuz A WHORE. SHE'S CHEATING ON JUS10 WITH AUSTIN MAHONE! @paytonswift HOW DARE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!!

My eyes as I reread the tweet. What was this person on about? I've never kissed or done anything like that with Austin ... where was this coming from? I scroll through hundreds of other tweets, each one either positive or negative.

@biebersbabe: @paytonswift how could you do that to justin???? he's treated you likE A QUEEN AND YOU DO THIS?

@tswizzler: PAYTON WOULD NEVER CHEAT ON JUSTIN! she's loved him for a really long time. everyone stop spreading lies!

They went on, and on ... and on. Shakily, I dial Justin's number and after one ring he picks up.

"Payton," he says and it sounds like he's been crying.

"Justin I swear I did not cheat on you with Austin! We only went to Starbucks and talked there and then I came straight home and went back to studying and then I went shopping with Bethany and Acacia and -" I said but Justin cut me off.

"Babe, relax," he says and then chuckles. "I know you didn't cheat. I saw a lot of my fans calling you a whore and really rude names and I'm so sorry I thought they loved you as much as I do," Justin tells me and I sigh.

"I'll call you back okay? I need to tell these people the truth," I say and Justin sighs.

"Alright. Bye Payton."

"Bye Justin," I say and then he hangs up. I then go on the Twitter app and start writing my new tweet.

@paytonswift: hey guys! so because of the recent rumor that i'm "cheating" on justin with austin, people have been calling me some very rude names...

@paytonswift: last time i checked, all of you were happy that justin and i were dating, but once a rumor comes around about us, you "Beliebers" spread it like wildfire. no, I AM NOT cheating on @justinbieber with @austinmahone...

@paytonswift: yesterday, i ran into @austinmahone on my way to Starbucks for a break from studying for my exams. we walked to Starbucks and hung out for an hour, then we went our seperate ways. we did not, & i repeat DID NOT, do anything intimate with each other...

@paytonswift: i am happily dating and in love with the one and only @justinbieber - who has also been my best friend for YEARS. @austinmahone is still happily dating his girlfriend of a year, @sophiabrown. we are all HAPPY & you all need to learn to accept that.

Immediately after I'm done tweeting, I shut my phone off and throw it on my bed. I then head over to my closet and pull out a pink tanktop along with a pair of white shorts. I change into those clothes and then slide on a pair of sandals, braiding my hair into a fishtail braid at the same time. Then, I spray on some perfume and head downstairs, grabbing my wallet and keys off the table in the hallway.

"I'd like  to be everything you want. Hey girl, lemme talk to you," I sing as I walk out the door, quickly thanking the Lord that there were no paparazzi waiting for me. Not taking any chances, I hop into my car and put the key in the ignition and slowly back out of the driveway. Once I am safely on the road, I just start driving ... with no idea where I'm gonna go.

About fifteen minutes later, I had stopped at Dairy Queen. The place was not that busy, as there were just a couple groups of people hanging out so I let out a sigh of relief as I walked in. I walked up to the counter to order ... when I heard a loudish scream. Damn, so close. Anyway, I turned around and a couple of girls my age had appeared before me.

"You're Payton Swift! We go to your school, oh my gosh, it's so nice to meet you!" They squeal and I laugh, sort of recognizing their faces.

"Hi!" I say and give each girl a big hug. "I think I might've seen you two at school before. What are your names?" I ask and they scream again. The one on the right, a brunette dressed in a grey t-shirt and denim shorts, speaks first.

"I'm Jasmine," she says and then points to her red-haired friends. "And she's Leona! We run a fan account on Twitter for you and Taylor. We've been trying to get a follow from you and your sister for ages but it never works!" Jasmine says and I laugh.

"I'd follow you right now, but I don't have my phone with me," I say and then a disappointed look replaces the smiles that were just on their faces. "I'd love to get a picture with you guys though," I tell Jasmine and Leona, the smiles returning to their faces. They take their phones out of their pockets, shaking as they unlock them and set up the picture. "Wait a second," I say and take the phones, turning around to the person at the counter. "Hi there! I was wondering if you could take a picture of us three?" I ask and they nod their head.

"Smile," the person says and we smile widely. After the photo's are taken, I give Jasmine and Leona their phones back.

"If you wanna sit with us once you get your ice cream we'd love to have you at our table!" Leona smiles and I nod my head.

"I'd love that! I'll be there a minute," I tell her and I turn away from them, hearing the two girls whisper excitedly to each other as they walk back to the table.

"What can I get you?" the cashier asks and I shrug.

"I guess one Oreo Brownie Earthquake. My friend said they're really good," I say and the cashier laughs, doing the hairflip as he puts my order in.

"They are really good and that'll be $4.50," he says and I hand him a five dollar bill. The cashier hands me fifty cents back and then goes to the back. "And here's your ice cream," he says and I laugh, taking the ice cream from him. I quickly tell him thanks and then head over to Jasmine and Leaona's table.

"Hey girls," I smile and put my ice cream on the table, pulling up a chair while Leona and Jasmine squeal excitedly. I laugh and then they start talking, introducing me to the other members of their group. There were two boys at the table, my presence obviously not taking an effect on their every-day lives. I learn their names, Drew and Luke, and I also learn that they do not like my sister or her music ... which kind of made things awkward in less than two seconds.

***

"I'll see you guys on Monday, I guess," I tell them and quickly give the girls hugs, not bothering to even say "goodbye" to the two boys.

"Bye Payton!" They call out and I wave to the group once more before exiting Dairy Queen and hopping into my car. I turned on the radio and sang along to the Cody Simpson song that was currently being played.

"Why this song is not popular I'll never understand," I say to myself as Justin's song All Around the World plays and I turn up the volume, singing along very loudly. I roll down the windows and turn down the volume, still singing loudly which caused me to get weird looks from everyone I drove past. "BUY ALL AROUND THE WORLD BY JUSTIN BIEBER ON ITUNES! IT'S THE BEST SONG YOU WILL HAVE EVER HEARD IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!" I yell out and people laugh as I turn up the radio's volume. Some people give me smiles and thumbs up, other people just flip me off ... how rude.

Eventually, I make it home. When I step inside the house, I look up at the clock and see that it's just five minutes after three ... hmm, earlier than I thought. I race upstairs and run into my room, hearing my phone continue to play it's ringtone. So, I pick it up and I laugh as I see multiple texts from Taylor, obviously excited over something. Quickly and off by heart, I dial her number and wait for her to pick up the phone.

"What are you so excited about?" I ask and I hear Taylor excitedly squeals on the other end of the line.

"I got a boyfriend!"

---

I'm really slow at updating, I'm so sorry!
I've decided that I'd update this story on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Sundays, but I haven't decided on a schedule for my other stories.

Anyway, two last things:

1. I have so many stories & story ideas for you guys I can't wait for you to read them <3
2. If you use the browser Google Chrome, check out what I've linked in the external link. It's so freaking cool! How often do you get to explore the Milky Way from the safety of your home?

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH THANK YOU FOR BEING PERFECT <3