Chapter 23: Tears, Hugs & Niall Horan

// July 5th, 2012 //

▫ Harry ▫

 "So boys," the interviewer, John, says, as he fiddles with the microphone in front of him. "Is there anything exciting happening going on in your lives? Any girls?" he asks and I laugh, while Louis, Liam and Niall all look at Zayn with smirks on their faces,

"Yes Zayn, is there any new girl in your life?" Liam asks, the rest of us chuckling as Zayn's face turns a light shade of red.

John sighs. "Is there a girl Zayn?" he questions and Zayn shakes his head. "Well, you say no, but your band members appear to have a different answer." I try to hold back a laugh, but I end up letting it out, causing the interviewer to focus on me. "Something you'd like to tell us, Harry?" he asks, obviously getting annoyed. I nod my head, and look over at Zayn. He's giving me a glare that could probably kill, but I ignore and talk anyway.

"Zayn has a girlfriend," I state and smirk. From his spot across from me, I can tell that Zayn is clearly upset about me telling everyone that he has a girlfriend, even though I'm one hundred percent sure that the fans already knew about it.

"Well at least I didn't hook up with my girlfriend's little sister while she was out of town!" Zayn yells and my eyes go wide. I get up out of my chair and walk out of the room, hearing the other three boys try to change the subject ... but it was too late. It was out, and I knew it was gonna mess everything up. Not sure of what to do, I grab my phone out of my pocket and text her.

To: Payton
They know.

***
▫ Payton ▫

"PAYTON!" Taylor yells, as she angrily stomps down the stairs. I hear her march into the living room and then shut off the TV. I look up at her, confused as to why she's upset. "How could you?! I thought you were good with being single!" she bursts out and I become even more confused. 

"What are you talking about?" I ask and just as Taylor's about to say something, my phone lights up. From my my spot on the couch, I see the name on the screen and my eyes go wide at the message. I reach out for my phone, but Taylor beats me to it. She picks it up and looks at the message on the screen. "Taylor, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to do it, i-i-it just happened!" I yell and she just rolls her eyes.

"Even if I heard that from Harry, I wouldn't believe it! I knew I should've gotten someone else to stay with you! You know how to control yourself! You know that if you say no, it won't happen! BUT NO! You had to go and steal one of the best boyfriends I've ever had!" Taylor exclaims, and I feel tears going down my cheeks.

"It's not my fault, Taylor," I say as I rip my phone out of her hands. "Harry and I went out to a club for a bit. I drank a litte and Harry drank quite a bit. We went back to his hotel and it just happened! I didn't mean for it to, I-I-I didn't know it would happen!" I explain to her, but she just shakes her head. We argue for a while, and then at one point I got so upset that I grabbed my phone, put on a pair of Vans and then walked out the door, tears streaming down my face as I walked down the driveway. I unlocked my phone and quickly tweeted something.

@paytonswift: i'm a terrible person.

I put my phone away and started walking, not sure of where to go. My phone kept buzzing in my pocket, but I ignored it, already knowing what I would see on the screen. I just walked and walked, finally making it to the street where I knew a Starbucks was located. After a couple more minutes of walking, I finally reach the door of Starbucks. I walk in and there are a few people there, but they pay no attention to me. Sighing, I walk up the counter and order a drink, the barista giving me a curious look. She gave me my drink and I handed her the money, going to sit in one of the booths more in the back.