"Finally, I've needed to pee for hours."

"The king has requested your presence."

Again? "What about the others?" The dwarves had come to their bars at the commotion.

"Only you."

And I was shoved off.

I expected to be taken back to the obnoxious throne, but noticed instead we were going down, through hallways and staircases. We reached the top of another set of stairs and I could see light coming from the bottom. The guard stopped at the steps and I took the hint, starting up them.

      It was a simple area; a desk and chair not three feet from the steps where the room ended, more of the pillars lined the wall, with three in the walls and then three in the middle

It was a simple area; a desk and chair not three feet from the steps where the room ended, more of the pillars lined the wall, with three in the walls and then three in the middle. A shine caught my eye coming from a chest in the corner, but I ignored it. There was another staircase at the other end of the room and a small still pool of water sat nestled in the corner. There was no wall but a huge view of the vast multiple caverns and entryways. I had no doubt this was a study. It was a simple area; a desk and chair not three feet from the steps where the room ended, more of the pillars lined the wall, with three in the walls and then three in the middle. A shine caught my eye coming from a chest in the corner, but I ignored it. There was another staircase at the other end of the room and a small still pool of water sat nestled in the corner. There was no wall but a huge view of the vast multiple caverns and entryways. By the furniture I guessed it was a study.

The king himself had no crown on, and was wearing a large flowing silven robe draped over his shoulders like a baggy blanket, with a glass of what I assumed was wine in his hand. I felt odd at seeing him so comfortable. And I hated that he looked so good.

"I thought you said you were patient."

He ignored the comment, pouring a goblet and holding it out to me. "I enjoyed our spat earlier and thought I would grace you with another chance."

I scoffed at that, taking the glass, our fingers brushing, his eyes locked on my face. "I told you plenty, answered all your questions."

"And yet you lied, breaking the terms of our agreement."

I didn't bother with a reply, taking a sip from my cup instead. He couldn't possibly know that for fact. He lives in a cave ffs. Oh wow, this wine was pretty good.

"You like it?"

"Oh, uh, yes actually. It's pretty good." He seemed pleased with himself. Huh, that's cute. Shut up.