chapter 1

"Katherine Honey, it's time to wake up or you'll be late for your first class!" my mom yelled from downstairs. I groaned and after five more minutes i decided it would be best to wake up and get ready because believe me, if you were me, you wouldn't want to piss Mrs. Snider off because if you make one wrong move she'll keep you in after class and make you watch history documentations and it's not even the topic we have discussed in class. Don't get me wrong i love the subject just not the teacher, she annoys the crap out of me.

I eventually rolled out of bed, forcing myself to get ready. I jumped into the shower and washed myself and my hair, i took quite a while but i got out after a while deciding I was clean enough, I got dressed in my ripped black skinny jeans, my plaid crop top finished off with my plaid vans and a necklace

 I jumped into the shower and washed myself and my hair, i took quite a while but i got out after a while deciding I was clean enough, I got dressed in my ripped black skinny jeans, my plaid crop top finished off with my plaid vans and a necklace

my mom gave me saying that it keeps me and my dad connected and safe, warding off demons and yeah sometimes i do believe i am adopted, mom can get crazy sometimes.

After i got dressed i grabbed my book-bag and cellphone and headed to the dining room where my mom was serving pancakes, which is my favorite breakfast. Mom sat opposite side of me and started reading her newspaper, "oh my god that's horrible" i almost choked on my pancakes, "what is it mom?' what's wrong?" "there has been a murder and police have no idea what mauled the victim to death, alright honey you are staying home today" i laughed at how ridiculous my mom can be at times, "mom everything is fine alright, it was probably some animal attack and that is my cue to be off or i'll be late, i will see you at five mom love you" I stood up and kissed her forehead "oh honey i might work late tonight if Becky doesn't come in" "alright mom i love you, see you later" "i love you too, be safe". I finally made it out the door when James, my neighbor came over "hi Kat, can i ride with you, my mom left early, haven't exactly seen her" "sure James, we are friends after all" James was really the sweetest, when we moved in here, he came to me and said "we are going to be great friends" and i honestly couldn't agree more, he was the robin to my batman. We climbed into my baby, a 1967 purple Chevy impala, a one of a kind car

 We climbed into my baby, a 1967 purple Chevy impala, a one of a kind car

As we drove the back roads to the university, a road i took was swarmed with police officers and two very good-looking FBI agents and then they rolled out a dead body and the white sheet was drenched in blood, as i drove by the agents, i overheard them say something about a rugaru, a kind of animal that feeds off human flesh, What the actual hell what are they talking about a rugaru, okay i either heard them wrong or they are insane and not FBI agents but i went with the second choice. I was snapped out of my thoughts by one of them, and i realized i stopped and actually listened to them talk, "sorry uh-" he paused wanting to know my name "Katherine" "hi Katherine I am Dean and this is my partner Sam, would you mind moving this along, and nice car by the way i also have one but mine's black, she's over there" i looked out my window and saw his impala and it sure was a beauty "sorry to have disturbed you officers, we'll be on our way now, have a nice day" we smiled at each other when James started freaking out next to me "James whoa what's wrong?" he pointed out the window and it was his mom's car covered in blood, i couldn't speak and James jumped out the car running towards the car when Sam stopped him, holding and comforting him, then he asked a few questions, Dean then tapped my shoulder snapping me out of my shock "did you know her?" i slowly nodded "yes, she was our neighbor, and like a second mother to me" " i am so sorry for your loss, but here is my number, if anything happens or something is wrong call me and don't hesitate, we are going to need James for more questioning and we will take him home after, so you may go" i nodded and before he left i grabbed his arm "just take it easy on him he really loved his mom" dean nodded and went to stand next to Sam and i drove off waving to James.

Dean's p.o.v

"take it easy on him he really loved his mom" when Katherine said that i could she was really caring and that impala and not to mention how hot she is, i nodded and she drove off waving to the kid James and i went to stand with Sam, "so any luck?" "yeah James said that he hasn't seen his mom in two days but thought she was working, poor kid" "yeah Sammy, i have a bad feeling about this case and i think it has something to do with Katherine, turns out Mrs roadkill over there was Katherine's neighbor, but she doesn't seem the monster type" "dean remember that is what i said about Madison, I don't know dean, should we just check her out, just to be safe" "yeah Sam let's go" we climbed into the impala and drove off following her direction when we got to the university, i stopped on the corner and i saw her purple impala stood in a student parking, "still think she is our rugaru Sam?" "hey you said you think she is involved so don't come blame this on me" "fine her last class ends at five and then we follow her home but it's like one pm seriously' let's go get some pie Sammy, i am starving" "yeah whatever dean, while you stuff your face , i'll do some more research" "Sammy you need to learn to live a little stop being such a geek" "whatever can we just go already"

**A few hours later**

while i was eating pie, Sam was busy typing away on his laptop, eyes glued to the screen when he almost choked on his coffee, i looked at him weirdly "oh my god, dean how could we have missed this the first time round?" "miss what?" "it says here that rugaru's can also be created by a powerful witch, death himself or this one is going to kick you in the balls, Lucifer or a very high powered demon, as an act of revenge" "son of a bitch, so what did pretty boy's mom do?" "that is the thing nothing, she is squeaky clean and so is James" "so basically we are back at square one" "yeah i suppose so" "son of a bitch, hey it's nearly five let's go watch Katherine" I got all giddy inside "dude knock it off she's like 19 and will never be interested" "she's 22 as a matter of fact, i checked her license and secondly who says she won't be interested after i save her life?' "whatever dean let's just go alright" "yeah let's!".