Chapter 18: Fixed Up

We drudge back through the woods to make our way back to the farm, "Daryl, stop..I'm.." I try and explain but fall to the ground from exhaustion.

He stumbles back a few steps to me and kneels, "what is it" his eyes search mine for answers. Both of us winded and struggling with breathing.

I shake my head and stand back up with his help, "nothing, let's go" I try and move forward.

He grabs my arm to stop me, his strength wavering as I pull it away easily, "your arm" he says. I look down and shrug at it, used to the sensation of dripping blood. He steps closer, his breath in my face and stares at me. His hand reaches my side and tugs at my shirt, ripping the fabric at my stomach, "Shoulda done this before" he grumbles.

"It's just a cut" I return, letting him tie it for me.

His eyes go into slits as he stares at me, trying to cover my arm, "don't gotta be a temp to know you stop the bleeding" he throws shade my way before heading forward again. We continue on slowly, with him occasionally looking back at me to make sure I'm still close by, "hey, I see the clearing!" He calls back at me a bit later.

I sigh relieved, worry already had creeped into my brain that we would never make it back there, "good!" I tell back in a huff, "I'll be right there!" I add, taking a seat on a rock right at the edge of the woods and the clearing

I sigh relieved, worry already had creeped into my brain that we would never make it back there, "good!" I tell back in a huff, "I'll be right there!" I add, taking a seat on a rock right at the edge of the woods and the clearing. He throws one hand to the side without looking at me, as if to say whatever and keeps going. I keep my head down, trying to control the dizziness when a small gunshot rings through the air. My head jerks up fast, just in time to see Daryl falling to the ground. I clammer to my feet shouting, "NOOOO!!!" as I try and reach him, stumbling over my tired body. His eyes wide with confusion as he looks up to me, "you're okay" I tell him putting my hand over the wound on the side of his head.

"What the hell?" Rick stumbles towards us, stopping at the sight in front of him, "are you okay?" He asks me, coming to my side and trying to help me up.

"Daryl, help him!" I keep myself on the ground holding the wound, trying to help him.

Shane and Rick put themselves on each side of him as he passes out. They start to drag him towards the barn. I slowly stand now and wobble on my own feet, "Oh my God, is he dead?" Andrea comes over worrying, someone saying she was the one to take the shot.

"Unconscious." I shout back, angry she even shot at us.

"You just grazed him." Shane adds as they move along.

"But look at him. What the hell happened?" She asks with wide eyes.

Glenn comments, "he' wearing ears." and everyone looks at the necklace strung around him.

"I told him he didn't have to do that" I add from behind.

"Let's keep that to ourselves." Ricks then says, pulling the necklace from his neck and stuffing it down his shirt.